UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

You have to give this young man a lot of credit. There aren't many 23 yr olds who would move halfway around the world and "give up everything" as he says, and he's coming in as a freshman to boot (unintended, but pretty good pun nonetheless) :confused:. But seriously, looking at his film, he's deadly with coffin corner kicks and I have to believe has good distance and hang time as well.

Reaction Score
You have to give this young man a lot of credit. There aren't many 23 yr olds who would move halfway around the world and "give up everything" as he says, and he's coming in as a freshman to boot (unintended, but pretty good pun nonetheless) :confused:. But seriously, looking at his film, he's deadly with coffin corner kicks and I have to believe has good distance and hang time as well.

If he's that good we'll have to call him Drano!

Reaction Score

Well the nice thing about being a plumber is that the job will probably be there when you get back. It's not exactly a skill that atrophies. If football doesn't work out, there will always be clogged pipes back home.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another on Magliozzi from last night:

I knew he was a plumber, but I see nothing that says he is a union plumber....but I am probably just plain blind.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
How does everyone feel about this? Big plays are bound to happen against any defense, but this quote makes it sound like they're expected to happen. Crocker's new defense, is attacking and forces turnovers but hopefully doesn't give up too many big plays.

id much rather take some risks in order to be a more aggressive defense than be a conservative defense and give up the big play anyway. nothing ventured nothing gained.

Reaction Score
I just get the feeling that Pindell will start to find his niche sooner than a lot would expect. Has some skills, athletic, smart and good instincts but he's lacking experience and familiarity. RE just gave him a head start on building both.

C

Chief00

It sounds like a Don Brown defense. Which means 90% of the time it will be fun to watch, and 10% it will be painful. Remember those 3rd and 15s that would get converted? Those will be back. But...I still like the approach overall and it is much more entertaining to watch.
A Don Brown defense without the team speed and talent his defense had. So be patient. The offense will be better than the defense this year.

C

Chief00

Lol definitely to an extent, but the staff picked mayala over him as WR2 and I really think beals is better. He's definitely a better athlete and he's better in space. I haven't seen enough targets to him to judge his hands.
Diaco was all about prototype size - Beals is quick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom