OT: - UConn football and hockey | The Boneyard

OT: UConn football and hockey

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think most people here are all sports UConn fans, but if some are more basketball-only…..

What seems to be happening with UConn football is really, really important for the future of the entire athletic department. What Jim Mora has done in less than a year is remarkable. Also, he’s doing it while living in a haunted house.

Imagine trying to rebuild a football program while dealing with ghosts? Amazing.

UConn hockey is a lot less important, but a wickedly fun season has almost come out of nowhere. Good bandwagon to jump on.

Reaction Score
I think most people here are all sports UConn fans, but if some are more basketball-only…..

What seems to be happening with UConn football is really, really important for the future of the entire athletic department. What Jim Mora has done in less than a year is remarkable. Also, he’s doing it while living in a haunted house.

Imagine trying to rebuild a football program while dealing with ghosts? Amazing.

UConn hockey is a lot less important, but a wickedly fun season has almost come out of nowhere. Good bandwagon to jump on.
Gotta figure out a way to keep Mora around until the FB Program is restored to some form of consistent respectability.. Hockey is kicking butt. It's all related to NIL and recruiting for all programs.

Reaction Score
How many schools can say they have a ranked Mens & Womens basketball program, ranked hockey team, and ranked baseball team?

At this rate, Mora will have us in the top 25 within the next couple of seasons. Going 4/4 in the major sports would be incredible

Reaction Score
Ice Hockey is more important than you think. UConn is in amongst the BEST of Ice Hockey Conferences, where Football is independent, and the Big East is 5th, 6th at best. Hockey Easy sends a team to the Frozen 4 almost annually. It is also unlikely to be poached, as Ice Hockey Conferences are regional in nature.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Ice Hockey is more important than you think. UConn is in amongst the BEST of Ice Hockey Conferences, where Football is independent, and the Big East is 5th, 6th at best. Hockey Easy sends a team to the Frozen 4 almost annually. It is also unlikely to be poached, as Ice Hockey Conferences are regional in nature.
Small correction: the Big East is the #4 league in basketball and it's closer to #3 than #5 most years.

Reaction Score
Final / Frozen 4's. As Much as I despise Boeheim, he's right, that's the bell weather

Reaction Score

I follow all UConn sports. Footballost a bad one against Ball State from being a win away from going bowling. Hopefully they can beat both UMass and Arny to make Jim's first season a great one.

Hockey has been pretty good knocking on doors by upsetting ranked teams and doing a great job this season ranked in top 10

Reaction Score
Mora has been so damn good for that program. Need to keep him here he does seem to enjoy the university let’s hope he wants to continue to create something special. I know it was only a series or 2 but if the QB Roberson didn’t get hurt they may be 6-3 or at least 5-4.

Good to hear about hockey too will jump on for sure!

Reaction Score
Mora has been so damn good for that program. Need to keep him here he does seem to enjoy the university let’s hope he wants to continue to create something special. I know it was only a series or 2 but if the QB Roberson didn’t get hurt they may be 6-3 or at least 5-4.

Good to hear about hockey too will jump on for sure!
It’s not even just Roberson, we’ve been playing most (or all) of the season without our WR1, WR2, RB1, RB2, and RB3. Being 4-5 right now with a true freshman at QB is absurd and it should honestly have Mora in contention for Coach of the Year. We probably should be 6-3 right now if we were even remotely healthy.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Football, beating BC is no big accomplishment, and very few people care about hockey. Let’s stay focused on Basketball, UConn’s real sport. When one of the other two mentioned sports wins a Chip then will take time on the Basketball board to discuss.

Reaction Score
Their all important, regarding hockey they have a 17 year old phenom in Matthew Wood who’s expected to be a lottery pick, and another freshman who just became eligible was drafted in the 3rd rd last year. It would be like having 2 one and dones in basketball coming off being 20ish ranked in the country last year which unfortunately wasn’t enough to make the tourney, lost to Umass in Hockey East Finals in OT.

Reaction Score
Football, beating BC is no big accomplishment, and very few people care about hockey. Let’s stay focused on Basketball, UConn’s real sport. When one of the other two mentioned sports wins a Chip then will take time on the Basketball board to discuss.
Let’s focus on all the sports and win in all of them. Beating BC has to do with them locking us out of realignment we can’t forget that.

Reaction Score
Neither is beating anyone in the Big East other than Villanova or Creighton in Men's Basketball...

Reaction Score

Finally Hockey is coming around. About 8 years ago I told all my North Dakota Hockey friends that UCONN would be competitive with BC and BU in 5 years.

Reaction Score
If you have even remotely watched our football program and it’s decline over this last decade then there is no way you can make that opening statement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom