OT: - UConn football and hockey | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn football and hockey

Reaction Score
UConn in Hockey East is equivalent to the old big East days. Would be great if this could be like 1990 really breaking the door down and putting UConn hockey on the national map.

Also have the on campus arena soon. Matthew Wood could be the house hold name for the program.

Here’s a mock draft https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/mock_dra

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Football, beating BC is no big accomplishment, and very few people care about hockey. Let’s stay focused on Basketball, UConn’s real sport. When one of the other two mentioned sports wins a Chip then will take time on the Basketball board to discuss.
Football is the ultimate college game day experience. No other sport comes close. Period. BTW, it is also the number one driver of finance for college sports. Period. Ignore it at your own risk.

Reaction Score
Football is the ultimate college game day experience. No other sport comes close. Period. BTW, it is also the number one driver of finance for college sports. Period. Ignore it at your own risk.
Nice that someone gets it!

Reaction Score
So.. Sounds like you dudes are sayin' it was a big win last weekend
It was a huge win for many reasons. Not the least of which is it showed we can compete with P5 teams even if they are the dregs of P5. In particular beating BC an ACC team gives us cred with the ACC which is where we need to be trying to go. We would be a very good fit academically athletically and in every other way.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Then don't open and participate in the thread
My point was this this thread should be on the Football or Hockey board, not the Basketball board.

Reaction Score
My point was this this thread should be on the Football or Hockey board, not the Basketball board.
People on the football and hockey boards are already aware of this though and posting in the game threads weekly. I guarantee there are dozens of posters who only check the basketball board who had no idea about the football team and especially the hockey team's success though

Reaction Score
It was a huge win for many reasons. Not the least of which is it showed we can compete with P5 teams even if they are the dregs of P5. In particular beating BC an ACC team gives us cred with the ACC which is where we need to be trying to go. We would be a very good fit academically athletically and in every other way.
Simply stating the obvious that it was big .. At this point.. There is tremendous inertia and momentum in both programs.. It's good to see the hard work paying off.

Sometimes a casual fan can get really bummed out by the lack of optimism on the Yard

Reaction Score
We get it. It's not a good point though, we're all in this together.
Football , whether you like it or not is the big mover and money maker In college athletics.
Each Big East team gets approximately 4 million per team .
No other BB only even gets a million per team. I agree BB is undervalued plus the sport finances the NCAA. However, that’s the way it is until reformed. There are ways to get more money from BB but that’s another story.
The Big 12 which was written off by many on this board is getting $30,000,000 plus a huge playoff payout as football schools get to keep the revenue from their playoffs.
They’re getting almost 10 times the revenue of the only basketball league making any money. That’s just cold hard facts.
I think you agree the more revenue the school producers all sports benefit .
So success in football is important and a worthy topic on any of these boards
Even the taxpayers will be happy

Reaction Score
No, just a UConn hoops fan that hates college football and could care less about hockey.
All of the sports teams matter, they are all representative of our school and puts UConn in the news ( ESPN, Fox, ) in a positive way and together ( especially football) they could make UConn a more attractive candidate for expansion. Great sports, nice school and no scandalous headlines will hopefully get us a ticket out of the BIG EAST before they athletic department runs out of money and they get left behind when expansion is finally finished.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about Memorial Stadium that had a Capacity of 16,000? I went to many games there in the 90’s and it may not have been at capacity but I remember most games I was at being fairly well attended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom