Uconn First Night 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn First Night 2022

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This latest whine reminds of that line from Annie Hall, "I got a season ticket holder benefit once but my doctor told me it was the wrong kind."

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I personally miss the blue/white scrimmage days which I used to attend annually, it was a nice way to get a look at the new comers before the season started. I don't care much for these cheesy productions that don't lend themselves well to promoting the teams imo, for what that's worth.
When they do the 3pt contests, which ball do they use? This has always been a point of contention with me when folks argue stats between the women's and men's players(smaller ball, same size rim).

Reaction Score
Does this mean no open practice this year for season ticket holders? Would much rather prefer that than first night.
Same here. I like to get a glimpse before play starts. If FN is all there is, that's why I go. If there is a scrimmage, I'll go to that instead. I know that messes with the definition of a Casual Fan. Which is why the label is so annoying.

Reaction Score
Has UConn ever done the “rapper popular with students“ thing? Or has it always just been about basketball?
Glen Miller did a rap about the course catalog one year.............

Reaction Score
Same here. I like to get a glimpse before play starts. If FN is all there is, that's why I go. If there is a scrimmage, I'll go to that instead. I know that messes with the definition of a Casual Fan. Which is why the label is so annoying.
The Mirror can be “so annoying”

Reaction Score
Glen Miller did a rap about the course catalog one year.............
Glad we remove that (review of course catalog) from our recruiting visit package. How that ever came about is beyond me. The player in that instance went to UK, I wonder how much time Calapari spent on the course catalog during that visit? Granted, a player has to sign up for classes at some point, but having it be the centerpiece of a visit tells you all you need to know about why Glen Miller is coaching D3.

Reaction Score
Did tickets sell out already? I don't see an option to claim on my account dashboard.

Reaction Score
Did tickets sell out already? I don't see an option to claim on my account dashboard.
I didn't either. Then at 10:08 I got an email with a link.

Reaction Score
Maybe they do it by priority point rank?
I doubt it, I'm not that high up. More likely the email is screwed up. You checked spam? I'd call the ticket office before they are gone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thank you! I’m not sure if you can dm on here. Here’s my email —
now that everyone on the BY knows your email - suggestion - change it fast
Enjoy the festivities next week

Reaction Score
I personally miss the blue/white scrimmage days which I used to attend annually, it was a nice way to get a look at the new comers before the season started. I don't care much for these cheesy productions that don't lend themselves well to promoting the teams imo, for what that's worth.
When they do the 3pt contests, which ball do they use? This has always been a point of contention with me when folks argue stats between the women's and men's players(smaller ball, same size rim).

Yep going back to Southington HS, the were the days I agree!

Reaction Score
Yep going back to Southington HS, the were the days I agree!
I vaguely remember hearing something about this, but I don't know any details. What was the deal? The UConn basketball teams played scrimmages at SHS? What years? Why Southington? Just curious since I grew up there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You mean business, but you still attend casual fan events? Does that make you a business casual fan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom