Uconn First Night 2022 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Uconn First Night 2022

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can't do it, this feed is horrendous.

I don't understand why this is always such a huge problem for UConn.

And people complained about the FIU ESPN3 production for last week's football game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For anyone who is a sub casual (or lower grade) fan like me here is a link to watch the events from home. You will need to create a login.

Or get the FloSports app. I'm using the app on Roku. You need to create a login (email and password) agree to the legal terms and hit the back button when it asks you for a subscription choice. No need to get a subscription for this event. That brings you to their free content. First night can be found by typing in UConn First Night in their search option.

Basketball Games | Basketball Live Games - FloHoops

FloSports has always been abysmal.

Reaction Score
They should probably just scrap this thing. Once upon a time it was cool when it was at midnight and they scrimmaged. Now it's just a bunch of people standing around, a coed three point contest and a few guys doing bad dunks.
No wonder we had no recruits visit besides solo

Reaction Score
Im showing event concluded…thought there would be a scrimmage?
Yeah no scrimmage? Waste of time as that dunk contest was putrid. Hawks has better in game dunks than ones in the contest especially why he has to bite someone else's dunk. ugh

Reaction Score
Why play a scrimmage and risk potential injury... I think its fine just being a introduction, dunk contest (3pt contest?), concert.

Reaction Score
I have never met a bigger group of complainers. It's a silly sideshow so the college kids can get drunk after midterms. The septegenarians on the yard are not the target audience here or it would have been at 4pm and included access to werther's originals. Good grief

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
or it would have been at 4pm and included access to werther's originals.
0204F765-0977-4A98-A247-36A29A16CEB8.gif

Seriously though, excellent post. Too many people just enjoy being cranky. Let the kids in college be college kids.

Reaction Score
I have never met a bigger group of complainers. It's a silly sideshow so the college kids can get drunk after midterms. The septegenarians on the yard are not the target audience here or it would have been at 4pm and included access to werther's originals. Good grief
You're younger, you weren't going to the event back when it was at midnight and a fun event for college kids. Not sure about your 4pm and Werther's comment. 6:45 is now the time for a fun event for college kids? That kind of says it all right there.
Also, Werther's have always been awesome but the Callard and Bowser butterscotches I used to eat as a kid were next level.

Reaction Score
I just don’t understand the logic of not having this event open to the general public. They’re overthinking something VERY simple

I think last year was mostly the Covid protocols at the time. Open for business but not looking to pack the place...

This year we're still technically in a pandemic, so why change it drastically, maybe.

Reaction Score
Why'd they choose captains and pick teams for no scrimmage?!
Yeah to play a glorified skills competition. LOL! Didn't you see that one team got 5 points for whose fans cheered louder? Now that is way better than scrimmage. UGH! It was a joke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom