Uconn First Night 2022 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Uconn First Night 2022

Reaction Score
You'll have to canvas other septuagenarians in this forum.

I only can speak for this sub casual septuagenarian and spouse. The content of First Night didn't matter. My wife and I were stoked. For us it's the official start of the season. We got to see Gampel, the crowd of students, the band, the cheer and dance team, the alumni players and, most importantly of all, the players. With so many new players it was more special than ever. As the events were going on we kept on commenting how much we felt like teenagers again.

This doesn't mean that we preferred this format to the original midnight madness scrimmages that took place for the men and women's teams on separate nights. We don't. We just chose not to let the change ruin our excitement.

As an aside doesn't your first sentence count as a complaint? I recognize the distinguishing difference that you are not complaining about the event but the complainers of the event. It still adds to a list of complaints. You're too young to be cranky. Crankiness should be the purview of us old folks whether we're informed, casual, sub casual, bench warmers, end of bench warmers or water boy fans. So stay out of our territory young man.
Wonderful, Chief is glad you had a fantastic time. First Night is all about having fun.

Reaction Score
My daughter is a first year Uconn branch student and drove up to the First night with a group of new uconn branch friends. As a casual but growing fan her overall impression was that it just wasnt very fun. After the hype video of the players picking co-ed teams was really expecting a scrimmage of some kind. Probably won't be making the trip next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Not sure what the griping is about. It’s a pep rally. That’s what it is. hasn’t been anything else for a long time. Seems like it was a highly effective pep rally. As for 6:45, that allows students to go get hammered after, instead of before. Smart.

Only sad part was nobody showed for UConn vs Ohio State hockey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom