Uconn First Night 2022 | The Boneyard

Uconn First Night 2022

Reaction Score

-> For the second straight year, First Night will be limited only to students and season ticket-holders, who will be able to claim a select number of tickets to the event. First Night will stream free through FloSports. <-

Backdoor pass to article <<

Reaction Score
Just one of the thousands of fantastic benefits of being a Season ticket holders.
Happy Cracking Up GIF

Reaction Score
There is something inherently wrong with this approach. This may be the only UConn basketball “game” or “event” some families with kids can afford to go to - it has historically been free/open admission. What a shame to turn it into a fringe benefit for season ticket holders. How about a marque OOC game for that purpose? In fact, Season Ticket holders should stand last in line for this event and I am a season ticket holder.

Reaction Score
Based on last year, I expect it will be packed with students...possibly even a sell-out. As it should be. Should be first and foremost about the students attending & getting ready for hoop season.

I have no overt problem with their plan...only tweak might be in the announcement/plan, they should allow for anyone to get a ticket to the event starting say ~4h before it starts (if there are still unclaimed student/season ticket holder seats open). No reason why this isn't doable with e-ticket purchasing methods.

Let's hope the stanchions will stay up this year so they can put on a show and have some fun!

Reaction Score
Wish we would just copy what every other high major program does for their “first night”.

Reaction Score
Has UConn ever done the “rapper popular with students“ thing? Or has it always just been about basketball?

Reaction Score
Don't mind them making it exclusive to Season ticket holders and students. Just need to make sure the stream works this time.

One would think that they could find a way to simply stream it live on a UConn associated YouTube channel… This shouldn’t be that difficult to stream on an easily accessible platform

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One would think that they could find a way to simply stream it live on a UConn associated YouTube channel… This shouldn’t be that difficult to stream on an easily accessible platform
i think they have to use Flo for this type of stuff per their contract.

Reaction Score
Do we know for sure it's only for season ticket holders? I saw that graphic and just assumed season ticket holders got first dibs before they opened it up to everyone just like everything else

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom