UConn fans perception versus National perception | The Boneyard

UConn fans perception versus National perception

Reaction Score
How many active coaches have a NC under their belt?

His part in achieving that NC may be debateable but it's not an open and closed argument that he's a bust.

Reaction Score
There was no energy tonight.. No pride, no heart. I am just so numb at this point to this entire team. Getting crushed by 10+ once or twice a season is one thing, but it is almost a weekly occurrence at this point. Can the entire team just be made to walk home now?

What went down tonight was an absolute disgrace. Not a single positive to be taken, well, aside from the point where the clock hit ZERO to signal the end of the game. These players are getting free rides to represent a UNI with a proud bball tradition and get coached by a "coach" making Top Ten money (college ball wise) and, this is what we see time and again? Is this a joke? Yah, he needs to by April at the very latest. Sorry but not sorry for the harsh words.

Reaction Score
Twitter and tv are full of national media members who either can’t believe how much our program has fallen or already concluded that so long ago that they don’t even consider us relevant enough to care anymore.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we have become a national embarrassment. People were talking 3 seasons ago when we made what will be the 1 tournament appearance in the four seasons when we got pummeled by Kansas. The decline has been since.. tonight yet a new low. KO must go!!

Reaction Score
Isn't it time for your next novel making excuses for why we totally suck?

The thing is that you don't need to do this. The writing has been on the wall. Basically everybody has conceded that it might be time for a change after this season, next year at the latest. Yet it's still not good enough for you. You still have to blatantly misrepresent what other people are saying, dramatize a picture that is already bleak enough, and remind people of your opinion every five minutes. You can't let the truth stand for itself without the petty distortions. We're talking about Gary Parrish here, I'm assuming? You don't want to advertise being on his side even when he's right.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wow, I've been hesitant before but now hearing that everybody in the whole country thinks he should be out is pretty eye-opening. Props to you for finding the time to talk to all of them.

His PM box is full from fans all over the country.

Also please tell me why I'm supposed to care what some , say, polygamist from Utah thinks about my huskies?

Never change superjohn

Reaction Score
How many active coaches have a NC under their belt?

His part in achieving that NC may be debateable but it's not an open and closed argument that he's a bust.

It isn't, although Gene Chizik was fired a couple years removed from a NC. It happens.

Reaction Score
Wow, I've been hesitant before but now hearing that everybody in the whole country thinks he should be out is pretty eye-opening. Props to you for finding the time to talk to all of them.
Santa like

Reaction Score
Not much to debate................we have 1 borderline "elite" fully healthy player on the roster & next year we may have none. The roster is not a legitimate high major roster & KO put it together. KO is probably not a very good coach but when he has a better roster ('14 & '16) maybe he can fake it better but no hiding now.

Reaction Score
I was absolutely all in on Ollie and thought he`d be a great coach for the next decade but the man cant recruit to save his life! Thats the single biggest problem and recruiting is the lifeblood of any program just behind the coach. Im really disappointed in Ollie. If i ever run into him:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just read twitter. National media thinks the program is a laughing stock.

But at the same time, every coach on the market will be shoving each other out of the way to get their hands on this job...right?

Reaction Score
We had been playing better but went backwards tonight against a team that was no better than UCF or Tulane. I wouldn't make too much out of this loss. The Villanova game will likely be ugly but we can be competitive in the AAC.
Ollie's future is another issue.

Reaction Score
The weirdest defense of Ollie continues to be the canard that he’s done so much damage that no one else will want the job.

If he keeps losing, one of you is going to propose that he receive a lifetime contract.

Yeah I hate to say it but the thing that damages the program is not mediocrity itself but rather continuing acceptance of mediocre performance.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Jesus goshdarn Christ.

We’re not defending Ollie. We’re fine with him going. Good bleeping riddance.

Maybe a few of us are just aware that it’s kind of difficult to be both a program constantly excoriated by the national media and an enticing job opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom