UConn @ Duke Blue Devils (Saturday 9/14/24 @ 6:00pm) Game on ACCNx/ESPN+. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Duke Blue Devils (Saturday 9/14/24 @ 6:00pm) Game on ACCNx/ESPN+. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to this game. We're due to show up for a quality opponent. Duke will probably expect a cakewalk like the last time they faced us. Hopefully that cake turns into humble pie. We need to get the ball to Sky Bell in space early in the game, before they realize how damn fast the man is and adjust.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Haven't seen -12, but saw major books going in opposite directions

FanDuel opened at -15.5, went to -16.5
Caesar's opened at -14.5, went to -16.5
DraftKings opened at -19.5, dropped to -18.5, then to -16.5

So we're about a TD better than last year (-22).

Reaction Score
If we lose by 12, that’s a MAJOR success

On FanDuel right now, I see 16.5. If we lose by 16-17, I will consider that fine

So pretty much:
  1. If we win, send us to the NFL and we’ll win the Super Bowl
  2. If we lose by 2 scores, REALLY good forward progress
  3. If we lose by 3 scores, I’m cautiously ok with it as long as it’s 35-14 and not 21-0
  4. If we lose by 4+ scores, uh oh…..

Reaction Score
If we lose by 12, that’s a MAJOR success

On FanDuel right now, I see 16.5. If we lose by 16-17, I will consider that fine

So pretty much:
  1. If we win, send us to the NFL and we’ll win the Super Bowl
  2. If we lose by 2 scores, REALLY good forward progress
  3. If we lose by 3 scores, I’m cautiously ok with it as long as it’s 35-14 and not 21-0
  4. If we lose by 4+ scores, uh oh…..
I don’t think losing to a team like Duke is acceptable for us to feel good about this game.

We are #128 out of #134 teams ranked this week. Not saying we got shafted but just that we have 0 respect from the media,

It is time to EARN some.

It is long time for us to step up, go into a hostile environment and WIN!!!!!!!!

This is about re-establishing our program.

Newsflash, Duke isn’t that good - they are beatable.

I am not saying we should beat them, just that this is our time as a program.

W-I-N

Reaction Score
I don’t think losing to a team like Duke is acceptable for us to feel good about this game.

We are #128 out of #134 teams ranked this week. Not saying we got shafted but just that we have 0 respect from the media,

It is time to EARN some.

It is long time for us to step up, go into a hostile environment and WIN!!!!!!!!

W-I-N
I'm able to reconcile a competitive loss. I won't be able to reconcile a loss to Duke like we lost to Maryland. They lost their coach and QB. We need to be able to compete for a win in this situation.

Reaction Score
I'm able to reconcile a competitive loss. I won't be able to reconcile a loss to Duke like we lost to Maryland. They lost their coach and QB. We need to be able to compete for a win in this situation.
Fair enough.

For whatever reason, I think this Duke game is a flashpoint to perhaps get us out of the funk we’ve been in - and while a loss isn’t out of question and to some extent, expected -the time in NOW for Mora and team.

Reaction Score

It is time to EARN some.

W-I-N
Question is are they beatable by us? We played 2 ACC teams pretty competitively last year. NC State at home and at BC. We got pasted by Duke. I’d love to beat them, but it is just a tall order. Not that we can’t win one on occasion, but it is very difficult and we need to play our A game. They need to play their C game. Or just be really bad. I don’t think they are really bad. It is really not unlike when we play an FCS game. It is really hard for them to beat us even when we are not that good. When we lose it is a shocker.

To me the important thing is to not get blown out by the Georgia States of the world. To put up a winning record and go bowling. To me being a top G5 would bring solid recognition. I also realize Mora can’t say that. He wants to win every game.

Reaction Score
Did you get tickets from UConn ticket office? Any details would be appreciated. TIA
I bought the tickets through the UConn ticket office. My tickets came to me from Duke. I had to create an account with them. Then I downloaded to the tickets on my phone. It was an easy process and better waiting for the tickets to be fedex to me only a couple of days before the away game. Maybe you should call the UConn ticket office to find out if you have time to purchase the tickets this way.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hey all... have a ticket question, not for this game, but for Wake on 10/19. Will be in CT for a surprise party in Danbury that night. Might try to get to this one as haven't been to Rent in like a decade. I know they're not selling out, but as this will likely be a morning of decision whether to go or not (wife in tow and if it's any chance of rain, she'll nix it), can we just get tix on site? Do we need to show any tickets to park?

Reaction Score
Hey all... have a ticket question, not for this game, but for Wake on 10/19. Will be in CT for a surprise party in Danbury that night. Might try to get to this one as haven't been to Rent in like a decade. I know they're not selling out, but as this will likely be a morning of decision whether to go or not (wife in tow and if it's any chance of rain, she'll nix it), can we just get tix on site? Do we need to show any tickets to park?
You can get tickets on site. You can just pay to park.

Reaction Score
My question is whether or not HCJM will name a starting QB before the game. It wld seem that JF has the hot hand right now. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
If we are going to have a remote chance we need to score ... a lot .. because with our tackling issues and porus defense Duke most certainly will score a lot. Keep up in a shoot out and we have a long shot chance.

It will be good to see if our offense is for real vs. a real opponent.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
ACCNX.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member