Uconn/Cuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn/Cuse

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He talks smack about us on their site and then tries to come here and be our buddy. I could also care less what you think about the program go be negative somewhere else.
Their board still has a thread dedicated to us. For a team that regards themselves as superior to us after riding our coattails for years, it’s pretty pathetic to be honest. But I can’t wait. It’s our super bowl again!

Reaction Score
Just stopping over from my other thread to say:

Syracuse delenda est.

Those are my thoughts on the game.

Reaction Score
Caption time

2017-12-02-dn-subasket24jpg-a1d36ca1d74a6666.jpg

Reaction Score
He talks smack about us on their site and then tries to come here and be our buddy. I could also care less what you think about the program go be negative somewhere else.
Not trying to be anybody's buddy here. I talk smack about UConn on the SU board, and I've talked smack about UConn here. As I've said many times, I live in CT and have many friends and co-workers who are UConn fans and/or alums, so I follow UConn basketball as a local interest. Also follow UConn because of games like this. With that being said, I know that talking smack here is pointless, so I try to be civil most of the time.

Reactions: pj

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lmao, can confirm I have seen this exact interaction before in the past during board beefs. Spot on.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not trying to be anybody's buddy here. I talk smack about UConn on the SU board, and I've talked smack about UConn here. As I've said many times, I live in CT and have many friends and co-workers who are UConn fans and/or alums, so I follow UConn basketball as a local interest. Also follow UConn because of games like this. With that being said, I know that talking smack here is pointless, so I try to be civil most of the time.
sddefault.jpg

Reaction Score

Not as pointless as being a Syracuse fan.

Reaction Score
Cuse guards will easily shoot over ours, we will need to drive on Howard and Battle and get them on foul trouble. On the inside, Cuse is really soft, Mama can be huge for us.

People have been shooting over our guards for years, they just need to miss. What the hell happened with Bazz and Boat? C'mon Jaker the only thing any guard can do is get out on the shooter and contest with a hand in his face and that's his job. If the guy makes them then congrats, nothing else can be done. I will say this, we do need out guards to be a little more consistent with contesting the shots.

Reaction Score
Easy jibsey
You don't know about the Cuse poster - obviously
your connotation of nobodies is clearly wrong
I have no problem with any UConn fan going after a Cuse fan - try going on their board and read some of the absolute ignorant gibberish over there
BUT I will give their fans one thing that I don't see there but happens here - when things are going bad, most of their fans won't bash consistantly......
If the post raked us then fine. It didn’t.

Reaction Score
still waiting for uconn to have a breakout three-point shooting game - we've seen it in flashes from adams, larrier, and cv. if all three of 'em can put it together at the same time (and we can get from offense from the high post and down low) it could be a fun night!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Larrier's ability to handle a basketball in the middle of the zone without turning it over will make or break our game plan.

I don't even want him to handle the ball. Catch and shoot as fast as possible.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can AA guard Battle? I mean, is he big enough? I'd like to see if he could do to Battle what he did to Seahorse in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Can AA guard Battle? I mean, is he big enough? I'd like to see if he could do to Battle what he did to Seahorse in the 2nd half.

Great question. Seems like if we shut down Battle, we win the game. AA may be the most important player on the court on Tuesday.

Reaction Score

Battle is 4" taller than Anderson if you believe what is posted by team sites. That's giving up too much height in terms of disrupting a shooter, but obviously Anderson would still be able to cut off his ability to get to the hoop and disrupt any dribbling. I don't know what Battle's game is but if he is more slasher than shooter, sure. If Battle can hang on the perimeter and take shots probably not a good idea to put Anderson on him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Battle is 4" taller than Anderson if you believe what is posted by team sites. That's giving up too much height in terms of disrupting a shooter, but obviously Anderson would still be able to cut off his ability to get to the hoop and disrupt any dribbling. I don't know what Battle's game is but if he is more slasher than shooter, sure. If Battle can hang on the perimeter and take shots probably not a good idea to put Anderson on him.

Micah Seaborne is 6'5 apparently, so I wasn't sure. Battle is 6'6 and 10 pounds heavier? I just don't know about playing style nor accuracy with the different measurements. I don't know how long he is either. Seaborne didn't appear that long, but he had a quick release.

EDIT: I keep typing Seahorse after making a joke during the game thread.

Reaction Score
Micah Seaborne is 6'5 apparently, so I wasn't sure. Battle is 6'6 and 10 pounds heavier? I just don't know about playing style nor accuracy with the different measurements. I don't know how long he is either. Seaborne didn't appear that long, but he had a quick release.

EDIT: I keep typing Seahorse after making a joke during the game thread.

If Seaborn is 6'5" then maybe Anderson on Battle would be OK. I did look at a quick highlight from the Kansas/Cuse game. First of all, my lord did Kansas dunk all over Syracuse. They ran this great play a couple times where a guy would stand right behind the middle defender in the 2-3 zone to screen him out and then have someone run baseline for the uncontested alley oop.

Anyway, it looks like Battle is a worse 3 point shooter than Seaborn (31% on the year -- for perspective Jalen is at 34% this season). I think it'd be fine for Anderson to guard him with Vital giving the occasional breather.

Reaction Score
I have always thought there are two ways to attack that zone. The first is to work the ball inside out. When the ball goes in the middle the zone either collapses on the ball handler or there is an open shot at the Free Throw line. The second way is via the dunk over the zone. Kansas did a good job screening the man down low to open that up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Larrier's ability to handle a basketball in the middle of the zone without turning it over will make or break our game plan.

yup. that and Adams and Vital able to hit a few 3's on the elbows.

Reaction Score
So I found this gem Boeheim's press conference after Pitt game last year. He repeatedly says over and over that the ONLY thing that matters in this sport is what happens in the NCAAT and going to the FF. Ofcourse he has to say FF over winning NC's cause they can't. He also says it is never luck to make it to a FF. I love how this is completely contradictory to how that delusional fanbase tries to put their program and history above ours or even on the same level as ours when their captain and hero Where's Waldo Boeheim clearly states that what happens in the NCAAT is the only thing that matters and not regular season wins and losses nor anything else. Enjoy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom