Uconn/Cuse

Reaction Score
Caption time

2017-12-02-dn-subasket24jpg-a1d36ca1d74a6666.jpg
"So, you came to Syracuse to win championships? HAH!"

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hate Cuse pretty scared of this match up. Can't open the seams if you can't make shots. They are long, not especially quick in the zone but very long. Will be interesting, think our defense will need to be very good to keep this one within reach.

Dont worry Mau. We got this.

Reaction Score
Sucks that we are back to worrying about guard depth and Jalen getting onto foul trouble or twisting an ankle again. This Gilbert shoulder has become UConn's and Ollie's nemesis for a second year. 'cuse can deal with their lack of depth because of the zone that the play. Uconn does not have that option.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have always thought there are two ways to attack that zone. The first is to work the ball inside out. When the ball goes in the middle the zone either collapses on the ball handler or there is an open shot at the Free Throw line. The second way is via the dunk over the zone. Kansas did a good job screening the man down low to open that up.

Dunking requires passing the ball to a big. We don't do that. I think they forgot it was allowed, as if throwing the ball into the paint from outside was "offsides" or something. Shockingly, we did try this with Brimah, but he couldn't catch the ball most of the time. I would be very excited to see a lob pass to Carlton.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dunking requires passing the ball to a big. We don't do that. I think they forgot it was allowed, as if throwing the ball into the paint from outside was "offsides" or something. Shockingly, we did try this with Brimah, but he couldn't catch the ball most of the time. I would be very excited to see a lob pass to Carlton.

You can screen the middle guy in the zone with a big and come in from the wings. In fact, that works better against the zone it would seem.

No reason Larrier/Anderson or someone like Polley can't do that. The key is the screen. Cobb should be able to handle that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can screen the middle guy in the zone with a big and come in from the wings. In fact, that works better against the zone it would seem.

No reason Larrier/Anderson or someone like Polley can't do that. The key is the screen. Cobb should be able to handle that.

Sure. Larrier and Polley should be pretty decent at that. But rather than sending in a 6 foot guard, why not use a bigger player? I'm just frustrated by how little we even try to get them involved in the offense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sure. Larrier and Polley should be pretty decent at that. But rather than sending in a 6 foot guard, why not use a bigger player? I'm just frustrated by how little we even try to get them involved in the offense.

@Storrs South reminded me of that btw. UCONN used to use that as a secondary option, after their primary strategy of running a guy at the foul line. The latter was the JC go to for torching the Cuse zone. But the former mixed it up and was very effective in that roll.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Caption time

"Of course I reach up there and pick them during nationally televised games, there mines aren't they? Who cares if your embarrassed!!!!! "

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Caption time

The conference is the only thing saving us! I’ve been here for decades and have 1 NC because I had the ncaa start vacating the wins after that season! We’re playing UConn again after coasting on their accomplishments in the big east! Dion Waiters is my best pro!

Am I missing any?

Reaction Score
Hate Cuse pretty scared of this match up. Can't open the seams if you can't make shots. They are long, not especially quick in the zone but very long. Will be interesting, think our defense will need to be very good to keep this one within reach.

You know--Alterique would help here--a lot!

Sorry, had to do it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@MSGSeven the lack of enthusiasm by the board is nauseating. Tomorrow is a big game for both programs. They’re a vile school and an even more vile fan base. They’re saving grace is that they got into the acc and they act like they’re gods gift when UCONN carried the torch for the big east. Everyone knows NYC is @Storrs South.

Reaction Score
I just looked up the box score to last year’s game. Adams had 16 7 and 7. We need him to have another big, complete game.

Also, Facey had 13 boards. Some of our bigs have been impressive on the glass this year. They need to fight hard and stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I just looked up the box score to last year’s game. Adams had 16 7 and 7. We need him to have another big, complete game.

Also, Facey had 13 boards. Some of our bigs have been impressive on the glass this year. They need to fight hard and stay out of foul trouble.

So, the question is, would you trade Cobb, Carlton and Larrier for Brimah, Facey and Purvis?

I have to admit, I've been asking myself this question now that Alterique may be gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom