Uconn/Cuse | The Boneyard

Uconn/Cuse

Reaction Score
Alright, time to start getting primed for Cuse, always one of our most important games. We let Battle do his thing, guard Howard tight. Question is, who do we use at the top paint against the zone, TE??

Reaction Score
One of their transfer guards just left the team.

Reaction Score
One of their transfer guards just left the team.
Yep, Geno Thorpe (grad transfer from USF). Apparently he was upset with playing time.

Now they only have 3 guards left on their roster: Tyus Battle (sophomore), Frank Howard (junior) and Howard Washington (freshman). Battle is their best player averaging 19 points per game and will probably score at will against UConn given how they have allowed one player to have their way with them the last four games or so. Howard, who went 0-9 against UConn last year, seems to be a better player so far this year, averaging about 16 points and 6 assists. Washington was a 3* on 247 and his composite ranking was 290. So far he's played a total of 28 minutes in 4 out of 7 games.

First game without Thorpe, Battle played 40 minutes, Howard 32, and Washington 8. Would be nice to get Battle or Howard in early foul trouble, but given the lack of depth, I'm not sure if Boeheim would sit either of them with 2 fouls in the first half.

Reaction Score
This needs to be a big game for Larrier. He is so good with midrange shots and will get plenty of them from that foul line spot. New York kid playing at the Garden in a rivalry game. Jalen mentioned a while back he thought Terry could get 40 in a game. Let's see it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Has anyone watched their games? It seems that they have more size this year but are extremely reliant on Battle and Howard (as we are on Adams). I haven’t watched much of their games but it seems that they’re more of a driving/iso team. They’re tall and long up front. Again, that’s from the very limited amount I’ve seen. This is a redemption game from them and the team and their fans will be up for it.

But this isn’t their Super Bowl, it’s ours!!

Reaction Score
This needs to be a big game for Larrier. He is so good with midrange shots and will get plenty of them from that foul line spot. New York kid playing at the Garden in a rivalry game. Jalen mentioned a while back he thought Terry could get 40 in a game. Let's see it.
Yup, Larrier in the foul line area will be our key against the zone. I expect Cuse to sag against us and the 3 pt shots will be there. We just have to make a few and if we do the zone falls apart. Larrier is the key though.

Reaction Score
There is no game I would rather UCONN win this year than to defeat Syracuse University.

I have always believed that Syracuse conspired to leave UCONN behind during the conference reshuffle so it could cling to its empty claim of “being New York’s team” since UCONN was proving that claim false.

Beat SU.

Reaction Score
I expect Syracuse to be a middle to low ACC team this year. They don’t shoot the 3 well just like us, but they have long athletes that drive the lane, rebound and putback. Kansas just beat them by 16. I want to know how Adams, Anderson, and Vital on the court at the same time are going to stop that? We have to have 3 big players on to keep them off the glass, otherwise it’s a foul athon for us. Then we hit shots we’ll be OK.

Reaction Score
SU greatly depends on 6'6 Battle to create offense but has a 6'8 freshman Oshae Brissett (Canadian POY last year) that has a ton of potential. He'll probably be matched up with Larrier. Frank Howard at 6'5 is good on defense but doesn't shoot well. Other role players are 6'9 freshman Marek Dolezaj, 6'8 freshman Matt Moyer, 6'10 freshman Bourama Sidibe, 6'3 freshman Howard Washington, and 7'2 Chukwu. It's a tall and long team, but thin. We don't have any bruisers down low, our strongest player is probably Battle, although Brissett is fearless and tough driving to the lane and rebounding. He reminds us of a more coordinated Jerami Grant.

What's the latest on Gilbert? Is he playing Tuesday?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This games scares me.

And I agree on Terry...this needs to be his signature game. He screams to be a zone buster. But I have little faith in this lethargic doofus.

Yes, I hate myself. Thanks Ollie.

Reaction Score
SU greatly depends on 6'6 Battle to create offense but has a 6'8 freshman Oshae Brissett (Canadian POY last year) that has a ton of potential. He'll probably be matched up with Larrier. Frank Howard at 6'5 is good on defense but doesn't shoot well. Other role players are 6'9 freshman Marek Dolezaj, 6'8 freshman Matt Moyer, 6'10 freshman Bourama Sidibe, 6'3 freshman Howard Washington, and 7'2 Chukwu. It's a tall and long team, but thin. We don't have any bruisers down low, our strongest player is probably Battle, although Brissett is fearless and tough driving to the lane and rebounding. He reminds us of a more coordinated Jerami Grant.

What's the latest on Gilbert? Is he playing Tuesday?

Hey thanks for the little breakdown of your team. You know what's great about guys like you and your little cronies on syracusefan. While you play in the ACC, have some talent this year and some talent coming in next year, deep down all of you know that you don't stand a chance to ever win a NC. On the other hand, regardless of Tuesday night's results, UConn fans, even the ones who feel Ollie sucks and the program is in shambles, know deep down that we'll always have a shot at winning another NC (our 5th ;)) as long as UConn is on our players' chest and we have a star guard that can win ball games.

Reaction Score
Hey thanks for the little breakdown of your team. You know what's great about guys like you and your little cronies on syracusefan. While you play in the ACC, have some talent this year and some talent coming in next year, deep down all of you know that you don't stand a chance to ever win a NC. On the other hand, regardless of Tuesday night's results, UConn fans, even the ones who feel Ollie sucks and the program is in shambles, know deep down that we'll always have a shot at winning another NC (our 5th ;)) as long as UConn is on our players' chest and we have a star guard that can win ball games.
I have no fondness for Syracuse believe me, but the guy posts a non confrontational info blurb on his team and you decide to classlessly kick him in the nuts? And why? Because we’re on such a tremendous roll getting smoked by Arkansas and and taking 2 nobodies to overtime? Your last sentence makes no sense because the UCONN past and logo should mean a pile of 4 and 5 stars coming our way every year, and I for one am not seeing that. We have been fighting to be above average in the AAC. And by the way I don’t think they want to trade conference places with us.

Reaction Score
I have no fondness for Syracuse believe me, but the guy posts a non confrontational info blurb on his team and you decide to classlessly kick him in the nuts? And why? Because we’re on such a tremendous roll getting smoked by Arkansas and and taking 2 nobodies to overtime? Your last sentence makes no sense because the UCONN past and logo should mean a pile of 4 and 5 stars coming our way every year, and I for one am not seeing that. We have been fighting to be above average in the AAC. And by the way I don’t think they want to trade conference places with us.

He talks smack about us on their site and then tries to come here and be our buddy. I could also care less what you think about the program go be negative somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I expect Syracuse to be a middle to low ACC team this year. They don’t shoot the 3 well just like us, but they have long athletes that drive the lane, rebound and putback. Kansas just beat them by 16. I want to know how Adams, Anderson, and Vital on the court at the same time are going to stop that? We have to have 3 big players on to keep them off the glass, otherwise it’s a foul athon for us. Then we hit shots we’ll be OK.
Without Gilbert the three guard line-up is going to be difficult.

Reaction Score
Cuse guards will easily shoot over ours, we will need to drive on Howard and Battle and get them on foul trouble. On the inside, Cuse is really soft, Mama can be huge for us.

Reaction Score
A couple of hard fouls on Battle early in the game will be required by one of our frontcourt stiffs

Reaction Score
They think they are going to blow us out. Which they may. But they shoot the 3 worse than we do.

I think this ends up being a close game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Easy jibsey
You don't know about the Cuse poster - obviously
your connotation of nobodies is clearly wrong
I have no problem with any UConn fan going after a Cuse fan - try going on their board and read some of the absolute ignorant gibberish over there
BUT I will give their fans one thing that I don't see there but happens here - when things are going bad, most of their fans won't bash consistantly................

Reaction Score
Easy jibsey
You don't know about the Cuse poster - obviously
your connotation of nobodies is clearly wrong
I have no problem with any UConn fan going after a Cuse fan - try going on their board and read some of the absolute ignorant gibberish over there
BUT I will give their fans one thing that I don't see there but happens here - when things are going bad, most of their fans won't bash consistantly......
Agreed. They are more positive. But with that, a lot more delusional.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We need Cobb healthy and diarra to not foul out while being aggressive on the boards. Adams, Vital, and Anderson can’t shoot us out of this game. We need to play a full 40 hard

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom