UCONN-Creighton Post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN-Creighton Post game thread

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
We won, in spite of sooo many defensive missed assignments. Creighton played tough, and expected to win. Too bad they drew some late fouls, but they did commit the fouls. Lou drew a great charge, the Creighton free throw queen missed a critical one, and Caroline was just magnificent. Take the win, hope we play better this weekend against a darn good team. Go Huskies!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Credit to Creighton. They came to play and had a solid game plan.

BUT - you have to out score your opponent. Another gritty, gutsy game.

Love Geno's comment about Caroline - "she's one tough mother." End of story.

Good to see Lou getting on track.

Reaction Score
The foul called on Batchelor guarding Caroline was dubious -- though it might not have mattered since we'd have gotten the ball on the out of bounds. But the charge Lou drew at the end was totally a good call.

And what about Dorka's steal in the last minute!!!!

Reaction Score
The first positive is that the team came back from a deficit in the 4th to win the game. The second positive was the team reduced unnecessary turnovers. The third positive was Caroline Ducharme in the 4th. Understandably rusty at the onset, she came up big and used her length down low for some key buckets. The fourth positive was Lou looked more like her "early in the year" self. Nice bounce back after a tough outing against Georgetown.

Unfortunately, the trend continues where it appears some players are up and others are down. Without Caroline's contribution, Creighton most likely would have walked out with a W. Aaliyah seems to be in a funk and the word is out not to allow her space in the paint or give her room to drive. Teams appear willing to let players not named Aaliyah or Lou to beat them. Enter Caroline. She doesn't need a second opinion before lighting one up. Hopefully, her presence will help Lou gain a bit more freedom and give the team an offensive boost on Sat versus Villanova.

Reaction Score
The stress….Geezus! Seemed like nothing was falling for UCONN, but they persevered. On to the next game. Well played game by Creighton, who couldn’t miss anything. I knew that they weren’t going to have a repeat performance like in Omaha. I know that the team is exhausted, but they have to capitalize on those shots near the basket, especially when there is glaring size advantage. Caroline is the POY. Gave them the boost that they needed. I will sleep good tonight.

Reaction Score
I have seen it, not sure I believe it, but it ended well. It is not like our team didn't play their hearts out, but it seems like something is wrong. Maybe it is just me?!
I've been sayin' that here for the past few weeks. I'm taking in account the # of games and minutes played, plus the short bench. My eyes tell me "somthin' ain't right". Gutsy win: Caroline is back and Lou carried them. Dorka with some timely shots, steals, and rebounds, but she has to finish close to the basket. I don't know what is going on with Edwards. She was an All-American a few weeks ago, but has not looked close to that level for a while. Aubrey can look spectacular, and then lost in the same minute. Interested as why Jamelle was so close to Geno right after the game, and during the post-game interview.

Reaction Score
I am ecstatic about the win and so peroud of our team's perserverance.
But if the roles were reversed, UCONN fans would be livid about the last minute officiating.
Perhaps, but let's not forget Creighton had the chance to at least tie it with a second left. They just didn't hit their FTs when they needed to and we did. Sometimes it's that simple.

Reaction Score
I joined the chat after the 1st half and suddenly UConn went down. As soon as I left the chat, UConn started playing better and eventually won. So I'm apologizing to the team for accidentally putting the whammy on them. :eek:

CD played great and was clutch. For all those questioning why she was playing over some other bench players, this is why. She is a fighter. It was awesome to see her finally back and getting some crucial buckets.
ANOTHER GREAT REASON to Avoid the Chat!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very happy with the win. The wheels were really close to coming off during this game, but they fought their way back into it. So nice to see Carol (or Caroline depending on what she prefers) back on the floor. Another scoring option is an absolute necessity at this point because without it this team's offense is too one dimensional and too easy to guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom