UConn-Buffalo game thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn-Buffalo game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually don't think JM looks that bad so far. The O-line....something is off there. I think if we keep to the short stuff/quick stuff with JM we win going away in the 2nd half. Does that bode well for the remaining games....no. But I'll take the win and move on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm playing the roll of the moral minority tonight.

What am I missing in Nebrich's performance that warrants more snaps?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Changed my shirt, went out to get a Subway sandwich, come back and we scored 10 points and have the lead. Looks like I missed all the good stuff.
Ha, I just went to Five Guys. When I got back in the car and started it up, Joe D was calling the the Nick Williams reception.

I hope I don't have to make a fourth quarter run for seconds... I don't know if I can time it as well.

Reaction Score

I'm with you and 21huskies... I see improvement... This doesn't come around overnight.

Reaction Score
Can we please go to the 3 WR set - this double TE thing is killing us. Get Moore, Moore, and Williams on the field at the same time

Reaction Score
Thing is neither McCummings nor Nebrich get enough consistent time to make any concrete assessments on them. Nebrich comes in one series, McCummings comes in sporadically for a play or two, and the rest of the time it's Johnny Trick Shot. How about keeping someone else in for 2-3 series in a row so they can adjust and get comfortable?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I actually don't think JM looks that bad so far. The O-line....something is off there. I think if we keep to the short stuff/quick stuff with JM we win going away in the 2nd half. Does that bode well for the remaining games....no. But I'll take the win and move on.

From what I saw, especially in the first quarter, is that Masters was getting blown up at left guard. He's new to the position and there's a difference between blocking as a tackle and as a guard. Looks like he needs to improve on exploding forward off the snap on every play. As a tackle you can chip block or push outward and be good. As a guard you have to get a push forward on every snap. It's like being a sumo wrestler.

Reaction Score
Would docsu not be a Syracuse fan?

I guess we all just assume that all trolls are 37 year-old BCU fans that live in their mom's basement and fit their football fandom in between grueling sessions of World of Warcraft while wearing soggy adult diapers and drinking only Natty Ice from a beer cap.

I think we might be right, too.

Reaction Score

i'm right there with you and have been since i've seen him step on the field. he looks absolutely lost EVERY TIME he steps on the field. people love what they don't know tho. until they know it, then they hate on it.

Reaction Score
No saying he's 'earned' more.. but he hasn't shown he doesn't deserve more either.. neither has Mac.. like I said, we're not winning anything this year... so let the kid have a shot.. that's all..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ha, I just went to Five Guys. When I got back in the car and started it up, Joe D was calling the the Nick Williams reception.

I hope I don't have to make a fourth quarter run for seconds... I don't know if I can time it as well.

If you go to Five Guys for seconds within a four hour period, you need to have your cardiologist on speed dial. I love them burgers as much as anyone, but seconds? Really?

Reaction Score
I'm with you and 21huskies... I see improvement... This doesn't come around overnight.

Not that I think he is the savior or even much more than a short term solution, but I am with you guys.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess we all just assume that all trolls are 37 year-old BCU fans that live in their mom's basement and fit their football fandom in between grueling sessions of World of Warcraft while wearing soggy adult diapers and drinking only Natty Ice from a beer cap.

I think we might be right, too.

For the record Mike Farrell should be about 41 years old. I graduated high school with him in 1988.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hard to tell listening on the radio. So throw in a 1/2 vote with you guys.

Reaction Score
No saying he's 'earned' more.. but he hasn't shown he doesn't deserve more either.. neither has Mac.. like I said, we're not winning anything this year... so let the kid have a shot.. that's all..

its a fair point. but he needs to at least show that he's somewhat capable. right now he hasn't even shown that.

there is no solution at QB right now, which is why i find it comical when people criticize play calling on 3rd and long in a 0-0 game. we need to run the ball 100 out of 100 times in that situation with these qb's.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan just said that Blidi is out for the night...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Johnny McEntee is the Johnnie Selvie of the football team.:)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A few more runs like that and the QB competition will end..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Johnny Mc with the scramble for another Uconn First Down. Took a heck of hit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom