UConn/Big 12 Meeting Next Week | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn/Big 12 Meeting Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep, for certain marquee brands only this keeping down the physical footprint. Everything else could be accessed via catalogue.

I was assured, however, that people would never buy products by just looking at a picture and a description. They felt I was underestimating the need for tactile experience to facilitate decision-making.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF
I hope u went long on Amzn when it went ipo. I was smart enough to buy it…then dumb enough to sell it. Head bang

GG

Reaction Score
Just looking at the roster of schools in the Big 12 basketball I see a lot of AAC. It will ruin bball even with Kansas, Baylor and AZ
Playing some of those teams will be amazing. What will ultimately kill basketball (and the entire athletic dept.) is if we stay in a league that cannot compete financially. It is moving to a model where players will get paid. How do you suppose we get too players when certain schools are making in excess of 50 million a year and we are making less than 10 million? We would lose the bidding war every time. The math does not work.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope u went long on Amzn when it went ipo. I was smart enough to buy it…then dumb enough to sell it. Head bang
Nope.
Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Reaction Score
Comparing AAC to Big 12 is silly.
BB with Kansas, Arizona, Baylor, Iowa State, Houston and Cincy would be great. WVU back on schedule would be cool too.

Football would be awesome too. It would be better than Big East football days. UConn would have to up its game, but would be excited to have the Rent rocking again. That Michigan game years ago was last big game I can remember at the rent.

Reaction Score
Playing some of those teams will be amazing. What will ultimately kill basketball (and the entire athletic dept.) is if we stay in a league that cannot compete financially. It is moving to a model where players will get paid. How do you suppose we get too players when certain schools are making in excess of 50 million a year and we are making less than 10 million? We would lose the bidding war every time. The math does not work.
It’s not just basketball. It’s all sports. Which will eventually lead to admission rates. That said, I do hope we all swallow our pride and continue playing Providence and St. John’s. It will help them, and help us. And then we go cash our 30 million dollar check.

Reaction Score
Just looking at the roster of schools in the Big 12 basketball I see a lot of AAC. It will ruin bball even with Kansas, Baylor and AZ
Conference Basketball Standings.jpg
Big 12 east Conference Basketball Standings.jpg

Replace Texas kenpom 25 with Arizona kenpom 6 and Oklahoma kenpom 46 with Colorado kenpom 24, Utah kenpom 48, and Arizona State kenpom 127 . As for the bottom of the league I would rather play Cincy and WV than Butler and Depaul.

Reaction Score
7 years is a long time to wait for full FB membership. But, like every thing else in re-alignment , things are constantly changing. That 7 year time line could be adjusted along the way. All we want is get our feet in the door. Husky nation will rise to all time record heights.
Didn’t the big east accelerate UConn’s FBS entrance timeline back in the day?

Reaction Score
Based on last year: It appears that the B12 had 5 top 25 ranked teams years end without OK or TX. Add us and it’s 6. Yes, bball and our SOS will be ruined. Data shows the opposite of your position.

Reaction Score
Creighton and Marquette are the best programs other than us and honestly they don’t compare with Houston, Baylor and Kansas. Then there is the rest of the Big East. I would only miss playing our little brother Providence. In the Big 12 there also is Cincinnati, Arizona, West Virginia, Texas Tech, TCU, Iowa St, BYU, Utah. All teams who would finish in the upper half of the Big East. I see 2 schools that were in the AAC. UCF and Houston.

GG

Reaction Score
It’s not just basketball. It’s all sports. Which will eventually lead to admission rates. That said, I do hope we all swallow our pride and continue playing Providence and St. John’s. It will help them, and help us. And then we go cash our 30 million dollar check.
I agree, we should definitely try to keep some local rivalries. In an ideal world we stay in the Big East, but the reality is we cannot, and we just have to accept that. Plus the big 12 has some really good teams and there’s a lot to be excited about.

Reaction Score
The football money will be spent on football. This does not help basketball. You can’t convince me that we can’t keep winning in the Big East.
Because conferences will start sharing revenue with athletes soon and the power conferences will likely give something like $5 million per year per school to men’s basketball NIL plus whatever the boosters and local businesses give. Schools that care as much or more about basketball than they do football will likely give a lot more than $5 million to men’s basketball NIL revenue share. UConn would need about 3 or 4 times the current NIL donations in order to be competitive with mediocre teams in power conferences. They would likely need 7-10 times more to be competitive with power conference teams that give extra NIL to basketball such as Indiana or Kentucky.

Reaction Score
The football money will be spent on football. This does not help basketball. You can’t convince me that we can’t keep winning in the Big East.
No question FB will need more money from increased revenue but maybe listen to Dan Hurley when he talks about these things. And its no coinicidence that the B1G and SEC are suddenly winning in WCBB and Geno is longer waltzing to national championships. The coaches at UConn thankfully, see changing landscape better than the fans.

Reaction Score
There are not that many OOC games against P5-types on the schedule and the Big XII clearly has a heavy-on-cupcakes policy. I would stick with Texas and Gonzaga over PC and St. John's. And if it was former Big East competition, the likes of Villanova (if they right the ship), Marquette, and Creighton would be higher on my list.

Reaction Score
Does it really matter if we are winning national titles and able to schedule those teams now?
That‘s really not the issue
It’s increasing revenue from
12-13 in the Big East’
to 20-40million
in the a P conference
College sports are ruled by money
You cant’t pay our staff $7 million a year in the Big East on that revenue so winning will be difficult long term
Womens BB post Geno was dead in the Big East . It’s has a significant revenue future
Out success doomed a continuation in the Big East . The more you win the more you spend, the more you need.
Long term success necessitates a bump in revenue .

Reaction Score
No question FB will need more money from increased revenue but maybe listen to Dan Hurley when he talks about these things. And its no coinicidence that the B1G and SEC are suddenly winning in WCBB and Geno is longer waltzing to national championships. The coaches at UConn thankfully, see changing landscape better than the fans.
Does Dan have a choice other than toeing the university line at this point? I think he’s a Big East guy, and I’m just glad this happened after he turned down the Lakers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does Dan have a choice other than toeing the university line at this point? I think he’s a Big East guy, and I’m just glad this happened after he turned down the Lakers.
Do you actually believe that our conference affiliation was the reason that Dan didn't take the LA job? Interesting take.

Reaction Score
You THINK he is Big East guy and he MAY be a Big East guy, but he is also a guy that lives on earth and sees the college sports landscape is shifting from one moment to the next. I have to believe the UConn leadership and coaches know better than fans on this matter. They've continued to seek a pathway to an autonomy conference. Wonder why.

Reaction Score
You THINK he is Big East guy and he MAY be a Big East guy, but he is also a guy that lives on earth and sees the college sports landscape is shifting from one moment to the next. I have to believe the UConn leadership and coaches know better than fans on this matter. They've continued to seek a pathway to an autonomy conference. Wonder why.
Dan even said in his press conference after turning down LA that he wondered about the future of CBB with NIL and revenue sharing. I remember he said something along the lines of “us being at a competitive disadvantage”

Reaction Score
Dan even said in his press conference after turning down LA that he wondered about the future of CBB with NIL and revenue sharing. I remember he said something along the lines of “us being at a competitive disadvantage”
Yeah he's not gonna come out and blurt that the Big East distributions are an impediment long term but he's left enough bread crumbs. In addition no other Big East program pours money into their WBB program like UConn does. The SEC and others are starting to do this as well.

Reaction Score
Yea, I’m much rather fly to Omaha.
Perhaps a review US geography might be in order for you.

Big XII opponents 1,000-1,500 away: 6
Big XII opponents 1,500-2,000 away: 4
Big XII opponents 2,000+ miles away: 4

This is not hopping around the Big East to NYC, Phila, Providence and DC with a once a season trip to Creighton (1,200 miles from BDL). This is every single road game with the exception of Cinn and WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom