UConn-Baylor game preview | The Boneyard

UConn-Baylor game preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yeah , thanks. I did not realize that they were so vertically challeged.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great job DD. I gotta agree UConn by 25+. If UConn get rolling early and Sims isn't hot turn out the lights and start the bus. I expect a lot of talk tomorrow night again about who can compete with UConn.. The answer will be the same...nobody. We have a very good nucleus and have and it will continue. The Breanna Stewart Era at UConn could be an Era where UConn doesn't lose a NC. I don't think there is a player or team that can stop her and Geno will have her prepared.

Reaction Score
We all know how great UConn is, but you should never underestimate your opponent, especially when they have a player as talented as Odyssey Sims. If she gets hot, it will be very close. She is a tough competitor. Confidence breeds confidence. The other players will feed off her. Take her out from the beginning and UConn will win - maybe even handily.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Good writeup DD. One thing that I believe will be THE deciding factor in this game - by that I mean how much UConn will win by - will be how they defend Stewie. Davis can't be on her by herself, that's an impossible mismatch. So if they double up on Stewart, as they must, Dolson will either have the game of her life or the outside shooters will be taking a boatload of 3's.

Reaction Score
I think it will be interesting to see how motivated Stewart is to "redeem" her disappearance act from last year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
We all know how great UConn is, but you should never underestimate your opponent, especially when they have a player as talented as Odyssey Sims. If she gets hot, it will be very close. She is a tough competitor. Confidence breeds confidence. The other players will feed off her. Take her out from the beginning and UConn will win - maybe even handily.
You think I am underestimating them? I totally disagree.

But I'm sure that the players and Geno won't.

Reaction Score
DD: really look forward to your analyses, and this one was a fine as any. Accurate? We'll see and I hope so. Either way, very interesting, detailed, and well-reasoned. Could even say "convincing." Tip o' the cap to ya. Will be anticipating your next one on Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Thanks for another excellent analysis, DD. I agree with you completely--a 25+ win tonight.

Reaction Score
I dunno...this time it could be Upset City, Baby! (for real this time)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well said DD. I always get a little nervous when UCONN plays another top 10 team, but I don't see Baylor as a top 10 team. Just the crazy weak schedule has made them look stronger than they are. yes they gave kentucky a great game, but Kentucky has looked horrible lately so that close game seems to have lost a bit of its' luster.

And I also agree UCONN is such a matchup nightmare that I don't see how Baylor contains them. Simms will get hers, no doubt. Let's hope UCONN avoids foul trouble trying to contain her, but throw in Moriah or Bria, and then Saniya or Brianna off the bench and you have plenty of fouls to avoid real foul trouble. Not saying it will come to that but UCONN has a lot of depth to guard Simms. And if they can collapse on her from the zone and prevent dribble penetration, it will be hard for Simms to score at will.

Going to be a fun game as I do think Simms is a truly elite player.

Reaction Score
Great Game analysis but Baylor has not seen the likes of a defense that they are going to face tonight. Also lets not forget that Sims also has to play defense. I expect that Baylor might play a zone.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate Baylor's resilience, either. They could be down by 25 at the half and come roaring back. Remember the Louisville game. And I know, UConn isn't Louisville and Griner is gone, but Baylor could still have a few of us hyperventilating in the second half.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Don't underestimate Baylor's resilience, either. They could be down by 25 at the half and come roaring back. Remember the Louisville game. And I know, UConn isn't Louisville and Griner is gone, but Baylor could still have a few of us hyperventilating in the second half.
Not only is Griner gone, but only 31 of their points in that game is returning and 29 of them is from Sims and the other two are from Prince, who won't play tonight.

There is no way you can compare last years team to this years team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well said DD. I always get a little nervous when UCONN plays another top 10 team, but I don't see Baylor as a top 10 team. Just the crazy weak schedule has made them look stronger than they are. yes they gave kentucky a great game, but Kentucky has looked horrible lately so that close game seems to have lost a bit of its' luster.

Man, you just continue to show how little you know about Baylor. But I will give you credit for your "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" routine.

It will be interesting to hear how Baylor, not even a top 10 team, played UCONN so well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Man, you just continue to show how little you know about Baylor. But I will give you credit for your "that's my story and I'm sticking to it" routine.

It will be interesting to hear how Baylor, not even a top 10 team, played UCONN so well.
Seriously? Man, you just continue to show what an unwelcome guest you have become. More like fish stinking than anything else. At least you got the "trash" part right... But thank God we have you to visit and educate us ad nauseum as to how fantabuloustastical Baylor is.

So you come over to our board to crow about an 11 point loss when UCONN played a horrible game, was without their best player off the bench, had 2 reserves play a total of 8 minutes, basically went with 6 players, the refs stunk up the joint by buying the drama-queen flops, and Baylor played out of its' mind? Way to go. Congratulations on the loss. If you had even the tiniest bit of humility, people here would respond much differently to you.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

Thanks for demonstrating why you were banned from the Baylor board and had to make up a new name to start posting there again, Ms. WasheFuzzy from the Baylor board.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thanks for demonstrating why you were banned from the Baylor board and had to make up a new name to start posting there again, Ms. WasheFuzzy from the Baylor board.

Oh Fairview...you amuse me. Just so you know, you are not making some big revelation as I shared this detail on the Boneyard before. I was banned from the Baylor board for being a little to "liberal" and honest with my feedback. But, luckily, we Baptists are forgiving people and I was given a second chance. I repented...

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Oh Fairview...you amuse me. Just so you know, you are not making some big revelation as I shared this detail on the Boneyard before. I was banned from the Baylor board for being a little to "liberal" and honest with my feedback. But, luckily, we Baptists are forgiving people and I was given a second chance. I repented...
You have me on ignore. Stay out of my game preview threads.

Doh......he has me on ignore.

Foiled again!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Happy I can bring some joy to your day. Since you are so forthcoming, could you let us know if you are a man or a woman?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Happy I can bring some joy to your day. Since you are so forthcoming, could you let us know if you are a man or a woman?
Not sure it matters.... he or she is a "liberal". :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You will find out when I take my gender test for the 2016 Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom