UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This really isn't hard. We should have had two additional P5 home and homes this year in place of two of the cupcakes. Schedule Pitt and BC. One at home and one away this year and next. 7/11 games against the P5 should be the goal. Marquette did it. No reason why we shouldn't.
Are you arguing this because you want to see better games in the OOC? Or because you think those extra two games will benefit the SOS? Either way I don’t agree. Their SOS will be more than adequate with the OOC and conference schedule they’ve put together, and I’d rather the team benefit from some soft games to tinker with their lineups over fans getting to see a Pitt game in November.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Are you arguing this because you want to see better games in the OOC? Or because you think those extra two games will benefit the SOS? Either way I don’t agree. Their SOS will be more than adequate with the OOC and conference schedule they’ve put together, and I’d rather the team benefit from some soft games to tinker with their lineups over fans getting to see a Pitt game in November.
Of course I want to see better games in the OOC. And of course our SOS will be better with two additional P5 teams. If we can't beat Pitt and BC, we have bigger problems.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Can’t wait for the season. Loaded schedule.

As a season ticket holder, I can’t complain too much about the non-con home schedule because the BE schedule is awesome and I’ll be attending Indiana/Texas/Lville and UNC. But agreed, would’ve been nice to schedule a Yale, UMass, URI, Vermont, or the like. I don’t understand why we couldn’t have gotten a couple of those over #322 NET Arkansas School of Trucking.

Reaction Score
Why would Pitt or BC agree to play us on the road? BC and Arkansas Pine Bluff would've both been Q4 at home last season. Is that really getting anyone excited?

Reaction Score
Speaking for myself, I'm not saying you need Kansas or UNC at home every year, but how about not scheduling the absolute dreck of division 1 basketball? Kenpom ranks for 2023 below (there were 361 teams last year in D1 for reference).

Northern AZ - 213
Stone Hill - 331
miss valley st - 357
Manhattan - 306
New Hampshire - 284
Ark pine bluff - 322
most lower bowl sideline seats now approx. $200 per seat per game w/ donation. the secondary market for these games will be much less; for top BE opponents much more.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
most lower bowl sideline seats now approx. $200 per seat per game w/ donation. the secondary market for these games will be much less; for top BE opponents much more.

Just wait until UConn runs a Halloween "flash sale" and dumps the seat youre paying $200 for $10 and a free soda voucher at an ice hockey game.

Reaction Score
This really isn't hard. We should have had two additional P5 home and homes this year in place of two of the cupcakes. Schedule Pitt and BC. One at home and one away this year and next. 7/11 games against the P5 should be the goal. Marquette did it. No reason why we shouldn't.

BC is a D2-level team nowadays. Give me NAU over them any day.

Reaction Score
Marquette scheduled one P5 home game - Notre Dame, who by the way will potentially be the worst P5 team in all of CBB this year. This was a home-and-home series agreed upon in 2019. Their second P5 OOC home game is the B12/BE Battle. Can't really count that in this argument of yours.

The bottom line is that CBB in general needs to go back to prioritizing home and home series and do away with all the one-off neutral site games. There's no doubt our OOC schedule is stacked, but man would it be cool to schedule a H-&-H with any of UNC, Gonzaga, Kansas, Indiana, or even Texas (again). But yeah, again, this is not a UConn AD problem. It's a college basketball problem. Season ticket holders are ABSOLUTELY getting their money's worth this year with the home slate.

Does anyone know if we have any future home and homes scheduled? Couldn't find any in my brief research.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we have any future home and homes scheduled? Couldn't find any in my brief reresearch.
We don't have any already scheduled. We finished the Florida series last year and closest upcoming is completing the Gonzaga series at MSG next year.

I'm aggravated at the system CBB in its entirety has today that promotes neutral site contests over playing on campus in front of students, which should be one of the core tenants of scheduling. It is not a UConn issue, rather a CBB issue.

Until something changes, it will only get harder to get good teams on campus.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The bottom line is that CBB in general needs to go back to prioritizing home and home series and do away with all the one-off neutral site games. There's no doubt our OOC schedule is stacked, but man would it be cool to schedule a H-&-H with any of UNC, Gonzaga, Kansas, Indiana, or even Texas (again). But yeah, again, this is not a UConn AD problem. It's a college basketball problem.

This. No one does home and homes any longer. Teams that you want to see here won't come here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Will Kentucky sell out vs Stonehill?

Good question we shall find out! But I am going to say no.

I'm willing to bet a beer that a) the actual physical attendance at the Kentucky-Stonehill game will exceed any home game of ours this upcoming season by a minimum of 1,500 people b) the average cost per seat at that game will exceed that of any UConn home game this upcoming season and c) the average income of of UConn's fan base exceeds the average income of Kentucky's fan base by a minimum of 15% while the average disposable income income of UConn's fan base exceeds the average disposable income of Kentucky's fan base by a minimum of 25% and d) there won't be any Kentucky fans complaining about Stonehill being one of the home games they need to spend their hard earned dollars on.

We love to cry about how we're blue bloods and our fan base is as good as any. This is our chance to demonstrate it as the schools that are viewed as blue bloods charge more for tickets, in far less affluent parts of the country and are happy to be part of it. Kentucky fans may well complain ad nauseum about the amount of winning they are seeing in any of many stretches since Adolph Rupp hung it up but I don't ever remember hearing about their complaints with their home cupcake opponents or the pricing of their tickets and I'm pretty confident that they show up in droves for all home games.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet a beer that a) the actual physical attendance at the Kentucky-Stonehill game will exceed any home game of ours this upcoming season by a minimum of 1,500 people b) the average cost per seat at that game will exceed that of any UConn home game this upcoming season and c) the average income of of UConn's fan base exceeds the average income of Kentucky's fan base by a minimum of 15% while the average disposable income income of UConn's fan base exceeds the average disposable income of Kentucky's fan base by a minimum of 25% and d) there won't be any Kentucky fans complaining about Stonehill being one of the home games they need to spend their hard earned dollars on.

We love to cry about how we're blue bloods and our fan base is as good as any. This is our chance to demonstrate it as the schools that are viewed as blue bloods charge more for tickets, in far less affluent parts of the country and are happy to be part of it. Kentucky fans may well complain ad nauseum about the amount of winning they are seeing in any of many stretches since Adolph Rupp hung it up but I don't ever remember hearing about their complaints with their home cupcake opponents or the pricing of their tickets and I'm pretty confident that they show up in droves for all home games.
I won’t take that bet because Rupp holds 20,500 and our two arenas hold 15,600 and 10,100. As for seat prices, I disagree. The rest is in the weeds.

I’ll buy beers tho I enjoy a good beer.

Reaction Score
Look forward to the scouting report thread on Arkansas Pine blumpkin
What a middle finger to the season ticket holders on the OOC schedule. It is either really nasty don’t give a darn attitude or a total lack of awareness incompetence. Either way, whoever is responsible for this should be fired.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
What a middle finger to the season ticket holders on the OOC schedule. It is either really nasty don’t give a darn attitude or a total lack of awareness incompetence. Either way, whoever is responsible for this should be fired.
lol calling for the head coach to be fired the season after a national title because of a weak home OOC schedule. powerful brain.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it’s just an anomaly. UNC at garden? Can’t pass that up. Kansas ended up away, out of our control. Empire Classic, like all early tournaments is neutral, but it’s the only one that is at least close. Only thing they could do is trade bad teams for ok mid majors. Could have asked Gonzaga to be here this year, but you’ll get them back again later. There’s no real room to add a P5 home game this year.

Reaction Score
I think it’s just an anomaly. UNC at garden? Can’t pass that up. Kansas ended up away, out of our control. Empire Classic, like all early tournaments is neutral, but it’s the only one that is at least close. Only thing they could do is trade bad teams for ok mid majors. Could have asked Gonzaga to be here this year, but you’ll get them back again later. There’s no real room to add a P5 home game this year.
The bottom line is they did not take care of or even appeared to make an effort for the season ticket holders. The World has no shortage of excuses for failure.

There is a school of thought that’s becoming hard to argue with. Deep six the season tickets and take the $200 a seat collection of cupcake games and buy tickets for the top conference games in both buildings. Then go on a vacation with the remaining money. My instincts are against doing that but it is making increasing sense.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is they did not take care of or even appeared to make an effort for the season ticket holders. The World has no shortage of excuses for failure.

There is a school of thought that’s becoming hard to argue with. Deep six the season tickets and take the $200 a seat collection of cupcake games and buy tickets for the top conference games in both buildings. Then go on a vacation with the remaining money. My instincts are against doing that but it is making increasing sense.
The home schedule sucks but can we stop acting like they are ripping us off right now.

I have pretty good seats at gampel, if I wanted to sell every game on the secondary market I would have made a lot of money last year.

We have another top-10 team and are coming off a title. Tickets will go for even more this year.

Reaction Score
lol calling for the head coach to be fired the season after a national title because of a weak home OOC schedule. powerful brain.
The head coach signs off on the games. He does not do the scheduling.

Reaction Score
The home schedule sucks but can we stop acting like they are ripping us off right now.

I have pretty good seats at gampel, if I wanted to sell every game on the secondary market I would have made a lot of money last year.

We have another top-10 team and are coming off a title. Tickets will go for even more this year.
My objective is to attend games not sell them. So you are arguing I should be happy with the schedule since perhaps I can unload them for a profit.

Reaction Score
My objective is to attend games not sell them. So you are arguing I should be happy with the schedule since perhaps I can unload them for a profit.
I’m not saying that. I’m unhappy with the non-conference home schedule.

I’m saying that you acting like the school is ripping you off is a bunch of BS.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Furthermore Chiefs best friend Jim Calhoun was the cupcake king if we are being honest. And there was a method to that and that is why I don't EVER get worked up about home schedule. And listen, I understand why season ticket buyers want value. I really do, Im not unsympathetic to that line of thinking . Don't make me start the Pats fan schtick again. Because Kentucky is going to put 16k in a building against stonehill and they havent won a title in a dozen years and at this point HATE their coach. They still draw. Bottom line, is UConn a big boy blue blood, or not?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The head coach signs off on the games. He does not do the scheduling.
So what you’re saying the schedule wouldn’t be what it is without his approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01