UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball 2023-2024 Schedule (*LEAKS*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's taking too long to release the Big East schedule this year. What's the hold up?

Reaction Score
Wonder if there will be more primetime or network TV stuff this year with the writer strike. I'm guessing considering the network leaks just came out, that they're the reason for the delay

Reaction Score
It's taking too long to release the Big East schedule this year. What's the hold up?
In 2022 it was released on September 9.

In 2021 it was released on September 23.

In 2020 it was released really late because there were questions about what kind of season there would be, if any, because of Covid.

In 2019 (last year in the AAC) it was released on September 20.

In 2018 it was released on September 19.

So it's always taken about this long. Patience grasshopper, patience.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It very likely will be. Winter break for students so I'd say a 90% chance it's XL
This.

no guarantee but that has to be the heavy lean.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
In 2022 it was released on September 9.

In 2021 it was released on September 23.

In 2020 it was released really late because there were questions about what kind of season there would be, if any, because of Covid.

In 2019 (last year in the AAC) it was released on September 20.

In 2018 it was released on September 19.

So it's always taken about this long. Patience grasshopper, patience.
Thanks for doing the checks ! It always seems too long.

Reaction Score
It very likely will be. Winter break for students so I'd say a 90% chance it's XL
It’s always baffled me why they don’t try to (mostly) balance it that way. Play the first handful of home games in November and early December almost all at Gampel, then play the 5-7 home games between mid December and mid January at XL, then once students are back, maybe 1 more random XL game thrown in with the rest back at Gampel. Could probably come down to a pretty even split between the two venues.

I’m sure there are economic or contractual reasons why they don’t do this, but on the surface it makes too much sense.

Reaction Score
It’s always baffled me why they don’t try to (mostly) balance it that way. Play the first handful of home games in November and early December almost all at Gampel, then play the 5-7 home games between mid December and mid January at XL, then once students are back, maybe 1 more random XL game thrown in with the rest back at Gampel. Could probably come down to a pretty even split between the two venues.

I’m sure there are economic or contractual reasons why they don’t do this, but on the surface it makes too much sense.
I'm guessing they are juggling 1) the Wolfpack schedule, 2) the fact the AD is effectively juggling two season ticket bases and doesn't want 0 XL games the first 6 weeks of the season then 0 Gampel games for 4-5 weeks. 3) an addendum to juggling two season ticket bases is balance the quality of opponents since you are asking fans to buy tickets without knowing who they are getting and so you want to give both venues a fair slate.

Reaction Score

Not just the Wolfpack schedule as @Storrs South mentioned, but also the Hockey team, Andrea Bocelli, Jurassic World Tour, and the Harlem Globetrotters

Reaction Score
Excuses, excuses. Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns. As we crush so-called Friars, thugs, and rapper-dons

Reaction Score
One of the most ridiculously one-sides games I’ve ever seen. This year there’s gonna be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing If my burglar alarm starts ringing

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yes since 1990, a season ticket holder. And been going to games since Fred Shabel, who past away in February.

Haha, we became season ticket holders the same year. The Dream Season was it for me. 4 at the HCC, two at GP

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm guessing they are juggling 1) the Wolfpack schedule, 2) the fact the AD is effectively juggling two season ticket bases and doesn't want 0 XL games the first 6 weeks of the season then 0 Gampel games for 4-5 weeks. 3) an addendum to juggling two season ticket bases is balance the quality of opponents since you are asking fans to buy tickets without knowing who they are getting and so you want to give both venues a fair slate.
I really don't think it's that tough.

Reaction Score
1694711962405.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members