UConn Baseball 2021 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2021

Reaction Score
Kyle do you have a link to purchase that hat? I couldn’t find it online.

Reaction Score
Kyle do you have a link to purchase that hat? I couldn’t find it online.
Not Kyle (you probably need to hit him up on twitter) but I believe those are available in the Bookstore only... There are some Hook C variations here: UConn ZHS (be sure to scroll to related items for more choices)

Reaction Score
Not really sure where to post this but 2 Huskies on this MLB Draft prospect list

153. Ben Casparius

91-95 with two breaking balls and a changeup that's flashed plus. Draws rave reviews on competitive fire and work ethic. Physically imposing presence and build.

319. Pat Winkel

A swing change darling has led to more power since arriving to campus in 2019. Projects an average power hitter at the next level right now, no doubt an asset for a catcher. Didn't play at all in 2020 with arm injuries. He was an advanced defensive guy in high school, so it'll be important the arm is full recovered to stay behind the plate and buoy his stock.

Reaction Score
008.png

Reaction Score
Freshman David Christoforo is no longer listed on the UConn baseball roster. The other backup catcher Ryan Hyde is out for the season with a hip injury. Assuming that the omission of Christoforo from the roster is not a mistake, I would guess this once again makes David Langer the emergency catcher if he is ever needed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Freshman David Christoforo is no longer listed on the UConn baseball roster. The other backup catcher Ryan Hyde is out for the season with a hip injury. Assuming that the omission of Christoforo from the roster is not a mistake, I would guess this once again makes David Langer the emergency catcher if he is ever needed.
This could turn into an issue. A 56 game season is a long run to have no insurance policy of having a third catcher.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The good is good- the things that stood out to me is Chris Winkel's batting average and the walks of the pitching staff- outside of Austin Peterson, everyone is averaging a walk every 2 innings or less!! Simeone and Wang are the only 2 averaging less than a strikeout per inning.

With these stats, we should at least be .500. Upward and onward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom