UConn at Clemson September 11, 2021 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn at Clemson September 11, 2021

Reaction Score
We are going to one of the greatest places that there is to battle on the gridiron and there are people here griping about this?
UConn is NOT in a position to be dictating home and home matchups with the upper echelon.
This game and the 1.2 million payout is fantastic for the team, the school, the recruiting and yes...we as fans. It is amazing how someone will always find a negative to something they do no matter how incredibly opportunistic it is.

UMass football to receive record payday to play at Auburn in 2020

UMass has added another Southeastern Conference opponent to a future football schedule and will get a record payday in the process.

The Minutemen will play at Auburn on Nov. 14, 2020. The Tigers will pay UMass $1.9 million, according to athletic director Ryan Bamford. That’s believed to match the largest contract for a guarantee game between two Bowl Subdivision teams. Georgia is paying Kent State $1.9 million for a game in 2022.

Reaction Score

UMass has added another Southeastern Conference opponent to a future football schedule and will get a record payday in the process.

The Minutemen will play at Auburn on Nov. 14, 2020. The Tigers will pay UMass $1.9 million, according to athletic director Ryan Bamford. That’s believed to match the largest contract for a guarantee game between two Bowl Subdivision teams. Georgia is paying Kent State $1.9 million for a game in 2022.

UMass only got this because Benedict is working on our home and home with Auburn...

:D :p

Reaction Score
Me, my wife and Dabo in Bristol a few weeks ago after we got married. Talked about signing the UCONN deal.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 148
Reaction Score
What did he have to say?
I told him that the last 2 minutes of the Championship game was impressive. He said he like the last 6 seconds best. Then told him that I was a UConn season ticket hold and he said they signed a deal with them. He also said they should be back on track with Randy at the helm. I asked him for a picture only because it was my wedding night and was sorry to be that guy and he laughed. He then proceeded to turn to a friend of mine and say "Hi, my name is Dabo." My friend looked at him and said (shaking his head) I know who you are. Like he needed to introduce himself.

He was great. He really was.

Reaction Score
So we are now seen by others as what was a quality FBS program before PP and Diaco came along. Not bad.

Reaction Score

So, SEC teams have more $$ to pay out for appearance games than ACC teams? Um, thanks?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The subject of your 2021 game @Clemson came up on our board a few days ago, when we were discussing scheduling.

Just as in this thread, there were various opinions on the merits of doing such deals.

In the past, USF did accept one and done paydays, against a few of the elite FB schools.

Over the years we won a few of them: @Pitt (2001) ,@Auburn (2007) and @ND (2011).

The last one we lost was @UF (2010).

We do not have any more pay games scheduled.

We do, however, have a 2-1 future series with Texas.

As to Clemson, we defeated them in a bowl game in 2010.

So, yesterday, while tailgating, I had the opportunity to speak with a very reliable source at USF Athletics. He informed me that USF was first offered the same deal with Clemson for 2021 and we turned it down. He also told me that in the 2-1 deal with Texas we are getting $1 million+ for the extra away game.

Our current philosophy is not to accept any paydays without at least one home game in return.

So, had we just taken the money from Clemson, we would be unable to negotiate any further 2-1 deals with the elite FB schools.

I understand your predicament, as we are in a similar situation.

It is getting more difficult for both of us to schedule good home games.

It is even difficult just to keep the home and home series we do have scheduled, because schools are increasingly buying out of their return game, like Michigan State did to us with their game in Tampa for this year.

Here's hoping you BEAT Clemson. However, if you do, then your opportunity to get more such games will be significantly reduced.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The subject of your 2021 game @Clemson came up on our board a few days ago, when we were discussing scheduling.

Just as in this thread, there were various opinions on the merits of doing such deals.

In the past, USF did accept one and done paydays, against a few of the elite FB schools.

Over the years we won a few of them: @Pitt (2001) ,@Auburn (2007) and @ND (2011).

The last one we lost was @UF (2010).

We do not have any more pay games scheduled.

We do, however, have a 2-1 future series with Texas.

As to Clemson, we defeated them in a bowl game in 2010.

So, yesterday, while tailgating, I had the opportunity to speak with a very reliable source at USF Athletics. He informed me that USF was first offered the same deal with Clemson for 2021 and we turned it down. He also told me that in the 2-1 deal with Texas we are getting $1 million+ for the extra away game.

Our current philosophy is not to accept any paydays without at least one home game in return.

So, had we just taken the money from Clemson, we would be unable to negotiate any further 2-1 deals with the elite FB schools.

I understand your predicament, as we are in a similar situation.

It is getting more difficult for both of us to schedule good home games.

It is even difficult just to keep the home and home series we do have scheduled, because schools are increasingly buying out of their return game, like Michigan State did to us with their game in Tampa for this year.

Here's hoping you BEAT Clemson. However, if you do, then your opportunity to get more such games will be significantly reduced.
You are in a better spot those because you have the Florida recruiting market. I hate FCS games, but if we want to have a P5 pay day game and two other h/h series with P5 schools and get six homes, we have to play a 1-AA school. A 2 for 1 would be better but I noticed Cincy is starting to accept pay day games and they only have five home games in 2019.

Reaction Score

Two points - we don't necessarily have the advantage of schools willing to come to CT as a recruiting tool (FLA v. CT) nor a 65k seat NFL stadium as a home field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom