UConn Assist Record - Nika | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Assist Record - Nika

Reaction Score
My issue with this is that for the record Sue set in 2001-2, that TEAM had (as of this morning) 265 more assists, and Diana herself had over 200 also. Nika's record is skewed by being virtually the only ballhandler. Not trying to diminish it, but I just don't see them in the same category.
Thank you for comparing NM to Sue.

The comparison alone, shows how good NM really is. One could also say that Sue's team had much better finishers than this team, and NM could have upwards to a 100 more assists if we had better finishers, not to mention we still have a lot of games let....but then we get into a p***ing contest over something everybody should be able to agree on - it is a great accomplishment - Sue seems to think so!

Reaction Score
Now back to the game.... This was a Master's class in offensive spacing. Floor was open and no wonder that Nika, Aubrey, Edwards, etc. were all able to drive to the basket. Geno mentioned that it was a "Perfect game," after the first half. Amazing what having two high basketball IQ subs in Caroline and Azzi can do. If UConn could have made more layups and open outside shots, it would have gotten ugly.

Reaction Score
Updated projections before the big tournament:
Games PlayedTotal
1​
267​
2​
275​
3​
283​
4​
290​
5​
298​
6​
306​

Reaction Score
I like Nika's spirit and fight so much. But with this marvelous accomplishment Nika can you put a little more into scoring.
100% agree with this; I like those 100 point games. If Nika had just 5 more points, a 3 and a 2, a 3 and 2 foul shots, 5 foul shots...anything...there's the 100 yesterday.

Come on, Nika, besides the rebounds, steals, assists...5 more!

Reaction Score
Nika's Vermont double digit assist total marks the 11th time this season she has dished 10 or more assists. Let's hope she adds five more to her ongoing record. That would be a nice way for her to finish out Uconn's run to their 12th championship season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
100% agree with this; I like those 100 point games. If Nika had just 5 more points, a 3 and a 2, a 3 and 2 foul shots, 5 foul shots...anything...there's the 100 yesterday.

Come on, Nika, besides the rebounds, steals, assists...5 more!
Nika had 9 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds, and 2 steals while guarding Vermont’s best player, Emma Utterback. Utterback is the point guard and Nika made her life miserable, disrupting the offense. What else do people want her to do?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nika had 9 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds, and 2 steals while guarding Vermont’s best player, Emma Utterback. Utterback is the point guard and Nika made her life miserable, disrupting the offense. What else do people want her to do?

Some are too focused on points - like many in the media. Points should never be "the measure" of a basketball player.

Nika is a complete player with balanced stats and terrific defense. I will say it here, Nika is a "throw back" guard like Sue and Jen. You can't ask for more.

Nika is the engine that runs the bus. Geno has been saying this since her freshman year. Case closed!!

Reaction Score
It seems rather obvious, something she is not!!

JBK

Reaction Score
Some are too focused on points - like many in the media. Points should never be "the measure" of a basketball player.

Nika is a complete player with balanced stats and terrific defense. I will say it here, Nika is a "throw back" guard like Sue and Jen. You can't ask for more.

Nika is the engine that runs the bus. Geno has been saying this since her freshman year. Case closed!!
Agree with you somewhat when we are healthy. We were not able to score 70 points for almost a month - then scoring from the point is very important. A threat from the point does not let the defense “sag” and clog the middle. Against SC we needed and will need her to score

Reaction Score
I believe Clark has led the nation in turnovers that past 2 years and still has the highest turnover average per game at 3.8. Double her coach is too worried about this stat.
There are many players in the country averaging more than 4 TOs per game, even a couple over 5.

Caitlin's averaging more TOs than Nika, but not by much. Nika's at 3.5.

Reaction Score
There are many players in the country averaging more than 4 TOs per game, even a couple over 5.

Caitlin's averaging more TOs than Nika, but not by much. Nika's at 3.5.
So. You’re telling me that our Nika is better than Caitlin the POYof the year in my opinion (but in faInness not Pecks) in at least one category."…l
AWESOME

Reaction Score
So. You’re telling me that our Nika is better than Caitlin the POYof the year in my opinion (but in faInness not Pecks) in at least one category."…l
AWESOME
Wait, who does Peck think should be player of the year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom