UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Wolf is a no Brainer IMO opinion, if he wants to come to Storrs.

Ledee did to him what he did to Clingan for half of the game. Wolf held his own against Hunter Dickinson this year. He provides unique looks that neither Samson or Singare can.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Solo hasn't had an assist in 14 games, and had a 6 game assist-less streak prior to that when playing substantial minutes. 10 assists in 442 minutes played is a rough indicator for a natural play maker.
His role was to be a catch and shoot guy. What did you expect?
But the fact that you’re 100 times more hung up on what recruiting sites said about him that what we all saw this season and metrics confirmed is truly mind boggling. You’re absolutely entitled to your own opinion but sheesh — facts matter and what On3 says isn’t facts.

Only reason he doesn’t have more opportunity there this year is because the position currently has an All-American, a top 10 pick, and a senior there.
As a point of reference Castle was the leading score in Europe.
That isn’t relevant to how well he’s playing currently? Which showed he was a perfectly capable scorer when he has the opportunity?

If the position people want to take is to dismiss something that was clearly seen the one time a kid was able to actually play the position then there’s nothing for me to say to that.

It’s also kind of funny to see all his struggles playing off ball this year and the train of thought is “he needs to stay in that role”. Instead of thinking maybe he was out of position and that’s why he struggled. But hey.

Reaction Score
His role was to be a catch and shoot guy. What did you expect?
To give you context, Solo was 11th on the Team in assists per 100 possessions. Only ahead of Hurley, Andre and Singare.

Solo had a good portion of ball handling and offensive flow duties when Castle was out.

Reaction Score
Only 3 games each for Wolfe and Williams, but there are their stats from this season against high-major competition. Keep in mind that Williams is 2-3 years older and the sample size is tiny.

Williams:
12.7 PPG
10.7 RPG
2.0 APG

1.7 TO
2.0 PF

2.7 BLK
1.3 STL

48% 2FG
1/1 3G
71% FT (2.3 attempts)

Wolf
11.0 PPG
7.0 RPG
3.3 APG

2 TO
2.6 PF

1.3 BLK
1.0 STL

31% FG
31% 3FG (4.3 attempts)
78% FT (3 attempts)

Reaction Score
To give you context, Solo was 11th on the Team in assists per 100 possessions. Only ahead of Hurley, Andre and Singare.

Solo had a good portion of ball handling and offensive flow duties when Castle was out.
I also want to add that Diarra was 2nd on team in this metric. Hassan is our point guard next year until Nowell takes it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

No he didn’t.

Reaction Score
Based on who has entered the portal so far at the 5. Would be happy with either Wolf or Williams. IMO. Wolf would be an immediate asset on the offensive side. Williams an immediate asset on the defensive side.

The rest can be taught within our system re: player development/role definition. Don't see Wolf ever being as dynamic defensively as Williams.

James Jones and Dan have a healthy respect for each other. Will be interesting. I think the NIL bag will be bigger for Cliff than either of these two guys.

Reaction Score
Based on who has entered the portal so far at the 5. Would be happy with either Wolf or Williams. IMO. Wolf would be an immediate asset on the offensive side. Williams an immediate asset on the defensive side.

The rest can be taught within our system re: player development/role definition. Don't see Wolf ever being as dynamic defensively as Williams.

James Jones and Dan have a healthy respect for each other. Will be interesting. I think the NIL bag will be bigger for Cliff than either of these two guys.

Both can pass well for our system. Thay's what I especially like.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ok, we will agree to disagree on the commentary, but it's hard to argue statistics.
So Newton is a way better playmaker than Castle in that case too? I mean light years because he had 6.1 assists to Castle’s 2.9.

Cam too. Or maybe!! They just had a role on the team that led to that.

Please watch the games instead of looking at these spreadsheets.

Reaction Score
So Newton is a way better playmaker than Castle in that case too? I mean light years because he had 6.1 assists to Castle’s 2.9.

Cam too. Or maybe!! They just had a role on the team that led to that.

Please watch the games instead of looking at these spreadsheets.
Your defense just got a little crazy, but I'll chalk it up to emotion. I think you're generally a pretty good poster on this board. Tristen and Hassan had higher Assist to Turnover ratios than Castle--so did Cam. Castle has more talent than anyone on the Team, but I'm unsure what is allowing you to believe He is the most productive or efficient point guard.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Diarra and Nowell are going to beat the crap out of each other in practice all summer. Whoever starts will have earned it. Both of them are way too competitive to not give their best shot at it.

I expect them to both play a lot, even together at times.

Reaction Score
The more I've watched Wolf, the less I want him. I just don't think he's a good fit. I'd like someone with more athleticism. Just my opinion. Don't be hatin'.
He would definitely change the defensive look a lot. Offensively, Hurley and Murray could do some wild things with a stretch 5 and 4 (both of whom can put it on the deck) next year to really pull any big guys away from the paint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom