UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score

Would love to have this kid in a Joey C role but he probably wants more. Ya never know, he did flame out at Cuse and PC but clearly is a changed player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Rutgers fans claim we have dropped the bag for Griffiths. Just like Villanova fans claim we dropped a bag for Mark Armstrong. I do not believe either, but would love to pick up Gavin. I don’t think Steve Pikiell benefited his development.
Was the bag for Armstrong the type you set on someone’s porch and light on fire? Because that is a wild take given we have Diarra and a really good freshman point guard coming in and Armstrong is not even good.

Reaction Score
Was the bag for Armstrong the type you set on someone’s porch and light on fire? Because that is a wild take given we have Diarra and a really good freshman point guard coming in and Armstrong is not even good.

Probably just a lie to cope with the fact one of their starters wants to leave their crappy coach.

Reaction Score
Also is it just some random twitter person saying this about Griffiths or is there legit smoke out there

Reaction Score

Would love to have this kid in a Joey C role but he probably wants more. Ya never know, he did flame out at Cuse and PC but clearly is a changed player.
Goodine is a heck of a scorer. Didn’t start for Fairfield, but played starter’s minutes as the first guy off the bench.

His 3P efficiency is off-the-charts (47%) but he’s a pretty balanced scorer with about 40% of his shots from inside-the-arc (53.3 2P%).

Weak defensive metrics, but, this squad can coach them up.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Armstrong is good and has the upside to be a star. Hope those nova fans are right.
Yeah we definitely disagree. Career 27% from 3, 49% overall. 1.7/1.4 A/TO ratio. I‘ve watched a lot of Villanova games and he’s rarely noticeable. He’d be better here than he was at Villanova because of the coaching, but the guy can’t shoot. In modern basketball you better be really good at a bunch of stuff if you can’t shoot, and he’s not. Diarra is way, way better and he doesn’t even start here.

Reaction Score
I think he'd be an 8th-9th man next year and in line to start as an upperclassman. Projects as an elite movement shooter with size -- Duncan Robinson-type.

In the right system (ours) he could develop into a guy who goes late first/early second round.

How different is Griffiths vs. roumoglou? Other than Griffiths being a top 25 in high school.

Reaction Score
How different is Griffiths vs. roumoglou? Other than Griffiths being a top 25 in high school.

Mostly his recruiting profile but also understanding his situation was far from optimal. Rutgers had the worst offense in the P6 and it’s not really close. 299th ranked on KP. A lot of freshman struggle with their shot as is, now try it without a single creator. But yeah, mostly because he was a lights out recruit.

I think the jury is still out on whether Apostolous is even a P6 talent. The steal and dunk were nice and he has a great stroke but he has played a total of zero competitive minutes.

Reaction Score
I would guess the coaches know what we need based on their conversations with our current roster but I would think we need:
Legit experienced center who fits the system and can defend.
Combogurad/wing shooter who can pass, defend and shoots near or at 40% from 3.
Veteran point guard with size who has good handles and assists rate and shoots in the high 30% min from 3.
Seems easy to find all that.

Reaction Score
Do we have any shot at Maxime Raynaud? Kid is like 7 ft 1 - avg closed to 16 pts and 10 rebounds and shot 36% from 3. Seems like the perfect fit to start in front court with Johnson and allows Steward to play the 3.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hard for me to get past how terrible I remember him being at Providence even as a junior. He was unplayable. That and he wasn't a starter in the MAAC as a 5th year...

I watched a lot of Fairfield games... he could shoot it but don't see a fit here at UCONN at all.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe the story at all - BUT - Armstrong is a dog, he hasn’t developed enough because Neptune is a boob.. I could see him blossom into a RJ Cole type player with a legit staff

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don’t believe the story at all - BUT - Armstrong is a dog, he hasn’t developed enough because Neptune is a boob.. I could see him blossom into a RJ Cole type player with a legit staff
I kind of hope the BE schools avoid in-conference transfers, but that's probably going to happen anyway/

Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, Corey Floyd, Akok Akok, Posh Alexander, Wusu, ... that ship has sailed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom