UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Easy. It was TCU that stole Houston's bid. You could make a case that Cincinnati stole Mizzou's or maye UCF's bid. But then, you'd have to admit you smug sense of superiority is undeserved.

Um.... no offense but you are lost. Cincinnati stole a bid from someone. Based on what they published it was a 50/50 shot it was an AAC team.

So I’ll walk you throught this really slowly. If UConn won, there is about a 50/50 shot the AAC would have two teams.

Now again slowly - would the AAC prefer 3 teams or 2 teams?

Reaction Score
Um.... no offense but you are lost. Cincinnati stole a bid from someone. Based on what they published it was a 50/50 shot it was an AAC team.

So I’ll walk you throught this really slowly. If UConn won, there is about a 50/50 shot the AAC would have two teams.

Now again slowly - would the AAC prefer 3 teams or 2 teams?

Of course they did. It's right there in my post.

I'll say it slower so a man of your limited intelligence will understand. Cincy....stole.....a.....bid.....from.....Missouri.....or.....possibly.....UCF.

Understand?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of course they did. It's right there in my post.

I'll say it slower so a man of your limited intelligence will understand. Cincy....stole.....a.....bid.....from.....Missouri.....or.....possibly.....UCF.

Understand?

lol im pretty sure you shouldnt be insulting anyones intellegence.

they stole a bid from whomever was 65.

but since you think it could only be missouri or ucf - then you agree with my original point that it was better for the league with cinci winning yesterday - since they might have kept missouri out and last I checked 3>2.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Texas State has a better case than any of the other 3 teams left out.

Reaction Score
So, anyone with any insight as to how we match up with Nebraska and Oklahoma. St?
Who do we pitch game one?

Reaction Score
Texas State has a better case than any of the other 3 teams left out.

Based just on RPI:

Missouri @ #31
Houston @ #42
UCF @ #47
Texas State @ #52

Missouri also had the stronger SOS

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
So, anyone with any insight as to how we match up with Nebraska and Oklahoma. St?

Nebraska is solid offensively so I would go Feole, and try to stretch him to 7. Beat NU without needing to use Wallace, then start Wallace against the Pokes!

Reaction Score

Great and not great respectively. Truth be told, the only thing I know about Okie St is their catcher(?) is projected to go #1 in the draft to the Orioles.

Reaction Score

If you win on Friday and Saturday, you are in the winners bracket, and then play only one game on Sunday instead of having to play and win two. I'm sure Penders and the coaching staff will come up with their own plan, but I would expect Feole to start the first game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Great and not great respectively. Truth be told, the only thing I know about Okie St is their catcher(?) is projected to go #1 in the draft to the Orioles.

That's Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Last 4 out were Houston, UCF, Missouri and Texas State.

Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 5 minutes ago
Ray Tanner, chair of the NCAA Division I selection committee, on @UHCougarBB not being selected: “Houston is a team we had a lot of conversation about. They’ve been a good team perennially. It was difficult leaving them out of field.”

Joseph Duarte @Joseph_Duarte 2 minutes ago
Ray Tanner, chair of the NCAA Division I selection committee, says @UHCougarBB tough close to season and only three AAC series wins were “factors” in being left out.

Reaction Score
If you win on Friday and Saturday, you are in the winners bracket, and then play only one game on Sunday instead of having to play and win two. I'm sure Penders and the coaching staff will come up with their own plan, but I would expect Feole to start the first game.

You are going to have to beat Okie st to win this thing, wouldn't the chances be better if Feole started Saturday? If the goal is just to win a game, and I don't know why that would be, then yes start him Friday

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
You are going to have to beat Okie st to win this thing, wouldn't the chances be better if Feole started Saturday? If the goal is just to win a game, and I don't know why that would be, then yes start him Friday

I like our chances vs OKST more if we do a "bullpen" game as opposed to Kersten starting that one (assuming Feole beats NU).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’ve never studied game theory with respect to double elimination college baseball tournaments but I’d be shocked if there was a better strategy than do everything you can do to win the next game.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I’ve never studied game theory with respect to double elimination college baseball tournaments but I’d be shocked if there was a better strategy than do everything you can do to win the next game.

I feel bad for you; correct me if I'm wrong but it seems every time you come to this forum and get invested in UConn baseball, they come up with abhorrent performances.

The team should dedicate their next win to you :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom