UConn and PC NCAA Tourney History | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn and PC NCAA Tourney History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Snowed in and extremely board I was just looking at our amazing tourney history, and for fun I decided to take a look at Providence. Do you guys realize since 1997 we have won 41 NCAA games since their last win? 41!!! That is so damn pathetic why the hell would we ever give them a home and home game?

John Linehan

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Sucked is a bit harsh. UConn went to the post-season 11 out of 14 years between 1954-67. But while you guys were ducking us you always had time for the inferior UMass. I didn't realize that PC was a big allie of them as well.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well, when the best players in CT were not as good as the best players we could get elsewhere that could lead us to National Championships we made the obvious choice to go elsewhere and win National Championships. And thus we were and are far more dominate than other NE programs.

Reaction Score

Cool, next time I am in the area, where should I go to see the Providence championship banners from that era? I always like to check out sports history.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ryan Gomes sounds just like Donnie McGrath. Both of which sound similar to NIT.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If this is true then I don't know what the hell UConn was thinking.
Probably that they want to get opponents with a higher RPI into pre-season slots given the weakness of the AAC.

Now before our RI friends get their panties in a bunch, I understand that PC would be a help to us this year. I suspect that that was not anticipated to be the case on an ongoing basis. If it is, I'm sure the game will scheduled as it benefits both schools.

Reaction Score
Would love to play PC. We had great games over the years where they kicked our and vice versa. I've never understood the PC hatred thing here. It just usually shows how sensitive and defensive both programs are. PC is definitely a team on the rise with Cooley and is the better team this year; why bait them here just to try and puff up our chests?

Reaction Score

15 years? I love the NC's don't get me wrong but what they did in the 90's prior to finally getting one is amazing within itself. 25 years is more like it......but I would love the series to resume.

Reaction Score
Arizona dominates the southwest these days, but not all the best players from the region go there.

And yet they remain dominant. That's one perk of being what we call a "national power." Of course, not somehting you're used to considering.... PC struggles with and is just now coming around to being relevant within its own region again.

Reaction Score

It's just that only fans of has-been programs like PC want to talk about the 50s and 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom