UConn and 2022 NFL Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn and 2022 NFL Draft

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Yahoo Sports mock draft from a few days ago had Jones going to TB and compared him to Suh and how he could fill his role considering he's still unsigned. I really am excited for draft day!

Reaction Score

If Ryan goes undrafted, he could be a priority FA for one of the teams he has visited. Teams often use a few of the 30 visits they are allowed to start a relationship with guys they think might be available after round seven. There's no doubt, he will end up in an NFL camp. He will get his shot.

Reaction Score
“UConn LB/S Omar Fortt, who checked a lot of boxes at his pro day visited the Jets for his on site “evaluation”. Per source on the scene, Omar had a fantastic workout for the Jets.”

All our Huskies are working hard. Travis looks like a 1st round choice and Ryan is working up the board. Omar is showing his best stuff.. Rooting for all our Huskies to either get a call on draft weekend or be priority free agents. It’s time to shine!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ric has his big board out. Pretty easy to use. If anything enjoy the 40 times, 20 times, hand sizes etc all in one concise sheet.

Notables:
Has Travis Jones at the #2 DT in the draft with a round 1 grade.
Has Ryan Van Demark as the #14th LT with a 7th round grade.
Has Omar Fortt as the #14 Will LB with a free agent grade.
Has Brian Keating as the #9 LS, all the LS are graded as free agent signings
Has Kevin Mensah as the #64 RB. For perspective he has 22 RBs in round 1-7.

Also, I happen to listen to Ric on Giants radio today...you can listen to the interview via their podcast. I thought it was interesting that he noted Julius Chestnut at Sacred Heart as a potential sleeper - late round/FA choice.
https://twitter.com/Schmeelk/status/1516445875526111242

Reaction Score

The knock on Jordan Davis has to do with the number of snaps he has on the football field... Georgia's depth on DL kept a heavy rotation at that spot in games.. what a luxury for a college football team... which is why I'm hoping we can scoop up a few more DL in the transfer portal before May 1st (not just one)...

Reaction Score
The knock on Jordan Davis has to do with the number of snaps he has on the football field... Georgia's depth on DL kept a heavy rotation at that spot in games.. what a luxury for a college football team... which is why I'm hoping we can scoop up a few more DL in the transfer portal before May 1st (not just one)...
It is an interesting scouting dilemma when a team like UGA that has 2 DLs, an edge rusher, and a LB likely in the top 50 picks. How much of what the show on the field is related to the surplus of talent around them? As opposed to Jones who was always the focus of double teams throughout his last year. I guess it is a good problem for UGA to have.

Reaction Score
Travis Jones is that much faster than Ryan in the 40! Travis real fast for his position, Ryan and Mensah not so much.

Reaction Score
As we approach the Draft, the one sure thing we know is that Travis Jones will be selected in the first round, or at the very latest, early on Friday. On Saturday Ryan Van Demark is very likely to hear his name called as he's been visiting quite a few teams at their invitation. The sleeper on Saturday could be Omar Fortt who was graded by some as a Preferred Free Agent, but may have piqued the interest of a few teams. His NY Jets workout reportedly went very well and caught the attention of HC Robert Sala who, coincidentally, had coached Omar's brother Khairi when Sala was the LB coach for the Jax Jaguars. Hopefully all of our Huskies will either hear their name called or see their cell phone light up after the draft with a message from a GM inviting them to be part of an NFL roster. Fingers crossed for all of them!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom