UConn and 2022 NFL Draft | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn and 2022 NFL Draft

Reaction Score
You mean like both times we had first round picks?

Most of the hype has been outside of CT btw.
Like I said, the correlation is to add two rounds. I would have bet second round though. Which is why I do not bet.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to him! He certainly earned it, but I was hoping he wound up in a 4-3 scheme.

Reaction Score
Like I said, the correlation is to add two rounds. I would have bet second round though. Which is why I do not bet.

He was supposed to be a second rounder and he went in the third. I don’t see a correlation at all.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Travis and Ryan. Omar Fortt has just been invited to the Jets 3 day Mini Camp. They were impressed with him at their local day and in fact thought he was the top LB in that group. They now want to test him against tougher competition. Word is if they like what they see after the 3 days he’ll have a good chance of signing and making the 90 man roster. Wishing the best to all our Huskies as they pursue their dreams.

Reaction Score
Hoping that some one gives Rose a shot too. I always thought he had a really high upside.

Reaction Score

-> That’s a pretty significant signing bonus and the fact that it’s fully guaranteed means Van Demark has a good chance to make the roster. If he doesn’t, it’s highly likely the Colts would make sure he gets to the practice squad.

Van Demark had a strong pro day in front of a number of teams and the Colts have been among the organizations he visited during the pre-draft process.

Van Demark checks a lot of the boxes that the Colts have historically liked in their offensive tackles.

The senior out of Connecticut was a team captain for the Huskies in 2022. Those are two boxes the Colts like to see. He also measured in at 6-foot-6 and 307 pounds with 35 1/2-inch arms. Check, check and check.

He also spent his last three seasons at UConn playing left tackle as the starter, which shows that may be more of his natural position.

What’s also intriguing about Van Demark, who is expected to be drafted on Day 3, is his athletic profile. The fact that he posted a 4.5 in the short shuttle drill bodes well for his ability to reach his ceiling. <-

Reaction Score
Exactly. He slipped one round. Why do you always see things that aren’t there?
You simply haven't been paying attention. He slipped two from late in the first round hype. You should also know that one datum does not a correlation make. But of course, you wouldn't know that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

-> That’s a pretty significant signing bonus and the fact that it’s fully guaranteed means Van Demark has a good chance to make the roster. If he doesn’t, it’s highly likely the Colts would make sure he gets to the practice squad.

Van Demark had a strong pro day in front of a number of teams and the Colts have been among the organizations he visited during the pre-draft process.

Van Demark checks a lot of the boxes that the Colts have historically liked in their offensive tackles.

The senior out of Connecticut was a team captain for the Huskies in 2022. Those are two boxes the Colts like to see. He also measured in at 6-foot-6 and 307 pounds with 35 1/2-inch arms. Check, check and check.

He also spent his last three seasons at UConn playing left tackle as the starter, which shows that may be more of his natural position.

What’s also intriguing about Van Demark, who is expected to be drafted on Day 3, is his athletic profile. The fact that he posted a 4.5 in the short shuttle drill bodes well for his ability to reach his ceiling. <-

Practice squad will still pay him $11.5k/week as rookie.

Signing bonus + practice squad (should he make it) should get him north of $300k for 2022.

Reaction Score
Hoping that some one gives Rose a shot too. I always thought he had a really high upside.
That would be nice to see but it looks like the end of the NFL road for him. If he had a legit TE coach that would have helped, and he was also a victim (torn pec muscle) of the stupid "Bigger/Faster/Stronger" weightlifting marathon in 2020-21. Maybe the USFL or arena football will give him a shot.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Travis and Ryan. Omar Fortt has just been invited to the Jets 3 day Mini Camp. They were impressed with him at their local day and in fact thought he was the top LB in that group. They now want to test him against tougher competition. Word is if they like what they see after the 3 days he’ll have a good chance of signing and making the 90 man roster. Wishing the best to all our Huskies as they pursue their dreams.

Heard that Jay Rose has been invited to same mini-camp but haven’t seen anything posted yet.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Rose with the Jets is a good fit. They are all about character. They have at least 3 solid TEs...but maybe he can stick on the practice squad.

Reaction Score

Which of the Jets’ reported UDFA pickups (and Mini Camp invites) have the best chance of making the team?

“…,,.,In addition to the free agents, the Jets will also bring in a group of players on a tryout basis. While it’s unlikely for anyone in this situation to end up making a main roster, it’s often the case that one or two of the tryout players will make enough of an impression at rookie camp to earn an undrafted free agent contract of their own and hopefully eventually a training camp invite.
It’s difficult to predict who might be a candidate to do this but UConn’s Omar Fortt could be a scheme fit as an undersized linebacker with special teams value. Fortt ran a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash at his pro day and also posted a sub-7 second time in the three cone drill.”

It’s been a long journey—but in many ways it’s only the beginning. Good luck to Omar and all the Huskies trying to land a spot at the next level.

Reaction Score
You simply haven't been paying attention. He slipped two from late in the first round hype. You should also know that one datum does not a correlation make. But of course, you wouldn't know that.

He was always assessed in the forties or fifties you are clearly confused. So he slipped maybe a half a round.

There wasn’t much of a premium on his position this year.

Lots of demand on CBs, edge rushers and LBs. You should do some research, you shoot from the hip an awful lot.

Reaction Score
He was always assessed in the forties or fifties you are clearly confused. So he slipped maybe a half a round.

There wasn’t much of a premium on his position this year.

Lots of demand on CBs, edge rushers and LBs. You should do some research, you shoot from the hip an awful lot.
Not talking about a consensus ranking. Rather the hype and happy talk from some quarters. Not confused at all. Data driven in fact.

That will do it for me on this topic. The last word is yours if you want it, Zooey.

Reaction Score
Some "draft experts" were way off on the desire/need for DTs in this draft. Jones was a surprise to the media and something to write about after the Senior Bowl. To the team draft staffs he was a known commodity. There were only 7 DTs drafted in the 1st 4 rounds. There were 3 DT selected before Jones. Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt from Georgia who were projected to be 1st round picks and Mathis from Alabama. That is not bad company to follow. I do feel that Jones was a bit over-hyped after the senior bowl and became a trendy player to include in mock drafts. One thing that is proven after each NFL draft is that mock drafts are an incredible waste of time.

Reaction Score
Not talking about a consensus ranking. Rather the hype and happy talk from some quarters. Not confused at all. Data driven in fact.

That will do it for me on this topic. The last word is yours if you want it, Zooey.

that sounds like some squishy reasoning to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom