UConn/ACC | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn/ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
It is "to Ohio"...strictly speaking, "to" is not inclusive of the state but to its border.

Louisville is on the Kentucky-Indiana border. Maybe he meant "to the Ohio River" which would cover both Louisville and Pitt. But it would leave Notre Dame out, who is across the Ohio.

Or, maybe he's from FSU.

Reaction Score
It is "to Ohio"...strictly speaking, "to" is not inclusive of the state but to its border.
He also said "to Boston", not to Newton. When you say you are going on vacation to "insert city" are you going to the city right before that city, or to that city? Cinci is #15.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He also said "to Boston", not to Newton. When you say you are going on vacation to "insert city" are you going to the city right before that city, or to that city? Cinci is #15.
Just you even saying Cinci is the ACC's # 15 makes me sit here shaking my head. I can't even begin to tell you how much that would piss me off.

Reaction Score
When I say that the US east coast extends from 90 miles from Havana to Canada...it says what it says.

Reaction Score
The Atlantic stretches east from Connecticut to Great Britain.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, it kinds stretches from Long Island, which is NY.....

pj

Reaction Score

Get Bermuda into the Atlantic Coast Conference and we will be more inclined to join.

Reaction Score
Screw FSU

I had an Amazon Red Lored parrott once that would say "go hell"....over and over.

It was a learned response, meaningless in thought...but it amused our company.

pj

Reaction Score
I had an Amazon Red Lored parrott once that would say "go hell"....over and over.

It was a learned response, meaningless in thought...but it amused our company.

Was it named buddy?

Reaction Score
Naw...he wasn't.

But he was cranky, would bite folks trying to feed him a peanut, and made nonsense sounds rather than talk.

That damn bird had the chime of my cell phone down pat...would have me grabbing for the thing...would imitate the "bing" of the microwave...finally got rid of him when he started imitating the chug of the dishwasher.

Reaction Score
Naw...he wasn't.

But he was cranky, would bite folks trying to feed him a peanut, and made nonsense sounds rather than talk.

That damn bird had the chime of my cell phone down pat...would have me grabbing for the thing...would imitate the "bing" of the microwave...finally got rid of him when he started imitating the chug of the dishwasher.
Screw FSU!

Reaction Score
Absolutely not! He's an FSU hillbilly. He loves everyone, I want to beat the crap out of everyone.

Reaction Score
LOL...

Buddy...like many unread people who are thus somewhat culturally stunted, you failed to recognize the Billybud handle as deriving from a great American classic novel by Herman Melville.

I know, it does sound southern, and hillbilly....and is great for chumming.

pj

Reaction Score
Buddy...like many unread people who are thus somewhat culturally stunted, you failed to recognize the Billybud handle as deriving from a great American classic novel by Herman Melville.

Great? Don't you mean boring?

Reaction Score
LOL...

I know, it does sound southern, and hillbilly....and is great for chumming.
Last reply today: You said you live in the mountains of western NC. That is approaching hillbilly territory my friend. As far as my anger toward you, I don't understand why you come here espousing the greatness of FSU, when they and BC conspired to destroy UConn. To me, anything you say here, deserves the screw FSU response. I am well aware who billybud is and the whole book is a bore, I agree.

pj

Reaction Score
Last reply today: You said you live in the mountains of western NC. That is approaching hillbilly territory my friend. As far as my anger toward you, I don't understand why you come here espousing the greatness of FSU, when they and BC conspired to destroy UConn. To me, anything you say here, deserves the screw FSU response. I am well aware who billybud is and the whole book is a bore, I agree.

I think he said he vacations there. He lives near FSU.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Fill the Rent at 42,000 yes ,but we're talking 55,ooo + for B1G games
Connecticut is the epicenter of Yankeedom
what does it have in common culturally with anything South of Maryland.?
We have a huge commonality with the Eastern B1G teams.
In terms of attracting undergrad applicants to the student body (not just athletics recruiting), UConn might have preferred to join the ACC prior to the most recent realignment. UConn wants to attract valedictorians and good students from the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and to compete with the likes of Duke, UNC and UVA would have been a boost for getting those students. (From what I understand Duke has a significant portion of its students from NJ, and I imagine UNC and UVA have a similar number, if not by percentage). However, now that the B1G has a mid-atlantic presence with Rutgers, Penn State and MD, it might be a wash.

Reaction Score
I think he said he vacations there. He lives near FSU.

I split my time between my NC cabin and Tallahassee....I am currently in Tallahassee and will head back to the mountains in the spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re culture, regionalism, etc in CR.

I have always been a proponent of regional conferences that have something in common among programs...but, in truth, that seems to be an antique paradigm. Nebraska is now playing east of the Mississippi along with the Texas Aggies and WVU plays on the great plains.

It used to be that we had smaller issues of "fit"....like "high south" programs (Virginia, VT, UNC, Duke) vs "deep south" programs. FSU, Clemson. GT...

One of the aspects of the "new" ACC which has caused some assimilation problems, is that Syracuse and Boston don't seem on the same planet with their division partners GT and FSU. There are old Big East teams that have some rivalry lust with each other and some old ACC teams that do....but the amalgamation is yet a fledgling conference.

I marvel at how well Mizzou and the Aggies have fit into the SEC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom