UConn ACC Expansion Column | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn ACC Expansion Column

Reaction Score
The casual observers -- the people for whom ADs and university presidents have to justify their conference realignment decision-making -- think that we're a joke of a program and a fanbase.

I am shocked by your hyperbole ;). Honestly, it works both ways. In '14, the national narrative was that we owned NYC (there were front page stories on ESPN exclusively about this) because of our attendance at MSG and the exorbitant ticket prices we drove, when in actuality, we were outdrawn by IU and MD in NYC in recent seasons.

Reaction Score
I am shocked by your hyperbole ;). Honestly, it works both ways. In '14, the national narrative was that we owned NYC (there were front page stories on ESPN exclusively about this) because of our attendance at MSG and the exorbitant ticket prices we drove, when in actuality, we were outdrawn by IU and MD in NYC in recent seasons.

That is true -- for basketball we do have that NYC reputation. I meant specifically in regard to the football program we're considered to be small-time, in part due to the bogus narrative about our Fiesta Bowl support and performance.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think our lack of a recent academic/NCAA violation like Cuse. L'ville and UNC might harm us. They do all have us beat in academic cheating.

Cheat like a champion!

Reaction Score
Looking at ND's schedule, dont think they have the opportunity to go 11-1 or 12-0 this year (Georgia, @Mich. St., @Miami, @Stanford.) But I will be praying for them to go 11-1 and get snubbed out of the playoff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom