UConn ACC Expansion Column | The Boneyard

UConn ACC Expansion Column

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Want to get really excited? Maybe we could get a two-fer with a UNC ban?:D

Reaction Score
I feel like it's better than 50/50 that UConn eventually ends up in the ACC. But not sure how many years of painful attendance and recruiting we have to endure before we get there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Let me save the ND guys who troll this board for "Note Dame" + "Joins" + "Conference".

It ain't happening. I don't ever see ND going 12-0 and missing the playoffs. Nearly impossible. At 11-1 they could miss the CFB, but how often would it happen a) that they go 11-1 b) narrowly miss the CFB. Even if it did happen once, I doubt that's enough juice to get them to join a league.

Reaction Score
Tim Brando has been on the ND/UConn to the ACC for a while. Obviously no timetable, but he seems pretty confident this will eventually happen. If you follow him on Twitter, you will see that he has talked about this multiple times over the past couple years.

Reaction Score
When it comes to a great fit for the ACC, UConn passes the eye test in multiple ways. First and foremost, it would help the conference secure a foothold in the NYC market, something it clearly has been trying to do over the last couple of years. Moves like the addition of Syracuse and relocation of the ACC tournament this past year to Brooklyn were small steps in a larger plan to make the whole east coast officially ACC territory. The Big Ten tried to do something similar a few years ago when it took a shot in the dark at Rutgers with minimal success, but UConn’s brand in the city carries a whole lot more weight than its scarlet neighbor to the south.

Finally somebody in the media gets it. Big Ten up.

Reaction Score
IMO, to fellow Huskies fans, Use social media to your advantage. Show the acc in the various social media platforms just how many fans there are and how much we are on board for this acc thing. Using social media for change has worked for far grander things (political and social movements, etc.)...why not for a sports team?

Reaction Score
It will take a cataclysmic event for ND to join the conference as a full member. I hate for UConn to have to wait for ND to get off the pot. They should take UConn and Cinci now and leave ND as they are. Everyone benefits.

Reaction Score
There are three things that are left coveted in realignment. In no order: Texas, Oklahoma, and the New York market. Until the first two pieces fall, which will probably also cause ND to join the Acc, the third piece remains up for grabs. Only one school helps with that.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
That comment section is garbage.

Reaction Score
There are three things that are left coveted in realignment. In no order: Texas, Oklahoma, and the New York market. Until the first two pieces fall, which will probably also cause ND to join the Acc, the third piece remains up for grabs. Only one school helps with that.
Oklahoma isn't really coveted at all.

UConn and the ACC have always made sense for one another, but it hasn't happened for numerous reasons. Many of you are getting your hopes up a little too much for something that's a long shot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems like this was written by another armchair home journalist. It's better than most, but I don't think this individual knows anything about what is going on. I think we'll land in a P5, probably the ACC...eventually. I think Randy Edsall was the choice as HC in part because he's less of a gamble. We need to be respectable, not great. He's the man for that. Unfortunately, we had really bad luck on the basketball side, as a return to the rankings and a tournament run were very much needed.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Two things - 1. writers name Ned Hardwood - decent name. 2.W. Virginia has 20 Natl Championships? I was going to make the obligatory joke about collegiate coal mining but I looked it up and they have 19 titles in Coed Rifle. Can't make this stuff up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom