South Carolina 2017
Baylor 2012
Texas A&M 2011
UCONN 2010
TN 2008
TN 2007
Maryland 2006
Baylor 2005
Every team you mentioned had good guards. Ball handlers.
Stanford 2021
Baylor 2019
South Carolina 2017
Baylor 2012
Texas A&M 2011
UCONN 2010
TN 2008
TN 2007
Maryland 2006
Baylor 2005
Since this is a UConn site here is there team from the championship game.
MOORE, Maya f 9-18 3-5 2-5 5 6 11 2 23 1 3 0 0 37
31 CHARLES, Tina c 4-13 0-0 1-5 2 9 11 1 9 2 3 6 1 38
03 HAYES, Tiffany g 2-8 1-5 2-6 1 2 3 3 7 1 3 0 1 30
05 DOTY, Caroline g 3-11 2-8 0-0 0 5 5 0 8 3 0 0 0 36
32 GREENE, Kalana g 1-4 0-0 4-6 2 3 5 3 6 1 1 1 1 32
34 FARIS, Kelly 0-4 0-2 0-0 0 7 7 0 0 1 0 0 2 25
41 MCLAREN, Kaili

Reaction Score
UConn will be in Bridgeport thats why the NCAA is having the Regionals there and lets face it what fans from other teams are going to fly to CT to see their team play???? Bridgeport will sell out with UConn there and wont sell out with any other team there. Thats all you need to know. The parking and ticket prices are very high too. UConn is a big money maker for the NCAA and a big money maker for TV. Do you see any other team on TV like you see UConn? I dont think its even a consideration that UConn will be in another region. It would defeat the purpose of have the regionals in CT and not some other place. Next year the NCAA has decided to have the regionals at 4 sites. Lets see how that works out, because I dont think alot of fans can take that much time off to travel, pay for rooms that will be overpriced because of the Regionals and overpriced food to watch their team. Some will most wont.

Should UConn be a 1 seed?

UConns NET is 5 and if you take into consideration what the NCAA has said being that they take injuries into consideration as well as how your playing right now and UConn is playing great and with that point made UConn could be a 1 seed. I dont think that will happen but think about it. If the NCAA is taking injuries into consideration UConn would have only 1 loss. Does it really matter if UConn is a 1 or 2 seed? I dont think so. Look at the way UConn is playing right now with 9 deep and great guards.

Some fans are saying I want to see UConn beat up on a good team like they did the past few games. Really, how many top teams have had a lead of 50+ especially lately? Most top teams have struggled. Some fans are saying UConn is in a weak conference and is beating up on weak teams. How many teams have played schools yourve never heard of like Belmont, Pacific UC Davis Elon Buffalo Wofford Towson IUPUI St Francis ... look at their schedules. The Big East is pretty good and unfairly considered weak. 4 teams should make the NCAAs and maybe 5. If you think not look at some of the top conferences teams that have loosing records in their conference? No conference should be allowed over 5 teams this year. Tenn has lost 3 of their last 4 and is ranked 16 in the polls. Theyve struggled all season when they were healthy.

The Selection Committee is gonna have a really tuff job this season.

Now what team will be ranked above UConn in Bridgeport? What team will be sent to Bridgeport as a 1 seed? Would it be more fair to make UConn a 1 seed in Bridgeport and send the loser of the ACC championship to another region as a 2 seed and bring in a lesser 2 seed to face UConn in Bridgeport? As it stands now either NC State or LVIlle depending on who wins the ACC tourney will end up in Bridgeport. I dont think either teams can come within 15 pts of UConn and it could be more then that. IMO it really doesnt matter who comes to Bridgeport UConn right now is playing at an level higher then any team in WCBB with depth and confidence.

I hope the NCAA uses logic when selecting the top teams to play in their tournament. I have tried to make some points here. Stop reading all the propaganda about UConn being a 3 seed and being sent away to another region I think Ive made my points and I think theyre right on. The selection committee has the final say and I say see you all in Bridgeport.
Well said. See you there!

Reaction Score
But Nan. (with ALL due respect)
This member calls out my loyalties and makes incredible claims.
You know I am a fan.
Been one for well over a decade.
Also a NY Jet fan (sigh) , so cannot be construed as a ‘front runner’.
Will confine my critiques to statistics and numbers.
Would that be acceptable?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
But Nan. (with ALL due respect)
This member calls out my loyalties and makes incredible claims.
You know I am a fan.
Been one for well over a decade.
Also a NY Jet fan (sigh) , so cannot be construed as a ‘front runner’.
Will confine my critiques to statistics and numbers.
Would that be acceptable?
Injecting your personality into your posts is fine but you need to know your audience. For the most part, the posters here are men 60+ years old. It’s like talking to your dad or granddad, so keep that in mind.

As for @Tonyc he’s been on the Boneyard 25 years. He’s unfailingly optimistic, always has been and always will be. Knowing where he’s coming from might help temper your approach to disagreeing with him. I don’t know about others but to me, trying to shake Tony’s faith in the team is like kicking a puppy (I mean that in the most affectionate of ways, Tony)

My sympathies on the Jets. I’ve been a Red Sox fan my entire life so I had a taste of your angst as a kid.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Oh...okay. I guess our wins over Maryland and Florida don't count.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
This is the last thing I'm going to say and go back to the General WBB board. I think NC State has the horses this year to at least keep up with UCONN. We'll see what the pairings are and let the ladies decide things on the court.

Reaction Score
LSU is down against unranked Kentucky in the fourth. Has to mean good news for being #2 in Bridgeport, right?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The LSU loss to unranked KY should help UConn. MI is down double-digits to unranked NE in the 1st half. That would be domino #2. I think Iowa St’s loss to Baylor at home already dropped the Cyclones. But just to be sure, IO St will most likely lose again in the Big 12 tournament.

That may not get UConn to a #1 seed, but it sure could get UConn to a high #2 seed in Bridgeport.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Yes, yes it is.

Btw, Lou will drop to no lower than 5 and could hang on to a 1.
If Baylor wins the B12 tournament, they'll get the #1 Seed because Louisville losing so early in the ACC Tournament.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UConn will NOT be a #1 seed. Highest they could expect is a 2.

Reaction Score
You can argue seeding all night long but remember 2001, Notre Dame beat UCONN during the season and was seeded #1 and UCONN #2 in the Big East Tournament held at Gampel. The finals were ND vs UCONN and UCONN pulled out the victory on Sue Bird's last second shot!
When the NCAA Committee finished seeding the National Tournament, ND was the overall #1 seed to UCONN's #2 overall seed and when asked why ND was the overall #1 seed when the Chairwoman of the committee was asked how ND was given the #1 seed, she replied "Notre Dame beat UCONN in the Big East Tournament finals!" When told UCONN won the Big East Finals. she said, "Did they?"
So there's no predicting what the committee will do!
Reason goes out the window when the committee gets in that room!
Oh I remember this story. Thanks for the reminder.

Reaction Score
if you're Uconn, you do not want Baylor in the sweet 16 or elite 8, that team might be the hottest team in cbb aside Scar. Tv ratings wise tho after what happened last season it would be a great matchup. Not sure who on Uconn would guard Nalyssa Smith, but they would have their hands full.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Still a lot of hoop to be played before the official brackets released, however with past years' logic on who gets seeded where, I think this year, especially, wherever the teams get placed, so be it. If we are surprised with a favorable spot, then yay. I hope that Creme waits until after the BE finals to do seeds again, and then hope he doesn't until after the B12 tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom