Uconn # 8 in BE according to ESPNU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uconn # 8 in BE according to ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Once the future occurs, why would anyone care how it was predicted to have gone?" Boy is that a dumb comment. (Please differentiate from your tirades on other posters, I didn't say you were dumb) So Miami Heat projected to win it all this season and they lose in 1st round of playoffs. Cleveland predicted to not make the playoffs wins a series. So your saying just take that result as it is and why discuss "how it was predicted to have gone". You predicted a winning season for Uconn football, you spent a lot of time explaining "what happened that you didn't expect" in the JMc lead 5-7 results? Why?

You're right. I do care not how good are players actually are but how good internet salesmen projected them to be years earlier. Thank you for clearing up my thinking.

Reaction Score
Nothing new here. When Coach Edsall recruited we knew there were solid players in the class because he consistently found talented players. This is Coach P's first real class, I will be interested to see how well his talent evaluation is when dealing with 2 and 3 stars. Won't find out for 3 years, though.

I do enjoy talking about recruiting because really, what else is there to talk about in the offseason? But in the end, stars mean nothing, it's all about how they play in games.

Reaction Score
Good, now we can prove people wrong again.

this season I do see us going 6-6 or 7-5, and going to a decent bowl game, that's how confident I am as always. (Hey I'm a homer)

P needs to *wait for it* EXECUTE!

Reaction Score
Wonder who the lyle(kyle) Mccombs will be out of this bunch? Im guessing John Green

Reaction Score
Wonder who the lyle(kyle) Mccombs will be out of this bunch? Im guessing John Green

Good a good feeling you may be correct. He seems to be a great all around athlete. Averaged 32 yards per punt as a senior according UConnHuskies.com, which was linked from ESPN. One name I continue to hear and read about as being a possible gem in this class is Elijah (EJ) Norris. 6'4" 225, supposed to be a very good versatile athlete.

Reaction Score
this year the TE we got who switched to OK. his stars jumped big time.

Interestingly, he supposedly went to OK because ...well..it's Oklahoma... AND also because they had an opening at TE. Well it looks as if they gave the same story to multiple recruits. They ended up bringing 4 TEs aboard in this class. Good luck with the PT Brannon!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
32 yards per punt? After seeing that number, I am thankful we still have Cole Wagner for that and can use John more productively...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Interestingly, he supposedly went to OK because ...well..it's Oklahoma... AND also because they had an opening at TE. Well it looks as if they gave the same story to multiple recruits. They ended up bringing 4 TEs aboard in this class. Good luck with the PT Brannon!
they also had atleast 2 te's the last 2 classes. its not even worth a laugh.

Reaction Score
32 yards per punt? After seeing that number, I am thankful we still have Cole Wagner for that and can use John more productively...

Aren't you funny. I'm talking about being all around athlete that he was able to play WR, return kicks and punts as well as punt for his team. Kind of cool. Do it all athlete.

John Green: Had 13 receptions for 186 yards and three TDs in 2011... had a 32.3 yards punting average as a senior... also runs track in the 100-meter, 200-meter and 400-meter events... born November 12, 1993.

This is the article I was referring to: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020112aaa.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom