Uconn 68 Baylor 53 Here we GO | The Boneyard

Uconn 68 Baylor 53 Here we GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Kelly Faris will step up big time again. KML will draw alot of attention, leaving Bria and Stef to shoot and open things up. The RU game was a warm up for the Baylor Game. The starters got a rest and a wake up call. Dont foul and box out and rebound. Our defense will be up to the challange againest Baylor. Simms will have her hands full as her teammates are not great trey shooters. Griner will be pushed away from the basket. Geno has worked his kids hard over the past 3 games working on these keys to beat Baylor and ND is next.

I will repeat myself. Last season at Baylor UConn didnt get to the line until Baylor took the lead late in the second half. Uconn had an 11 point lead. This year UConn will get to the line. UConn has more size, and a bench. Kiah and Breanna will make it very tuff for Baylor players to get inside.

Bria Kelly and Caroline are leaders. Bria over the past 6 games is looking like shes over her injury and leading this team. I hope shes over her tummy sickness and ready to lite it up. This is a game where defenses shine. This is a game where stars shine. There is no team in WCBB that can put up points in seconds like UConn. I really dont see Baylor winning this one unless UCOnn beats themselves.

UConn dosnt have to play a great game to win. They have to stay out of foul trouble and play their game. There is nothing prettier then watching UConn execute their plays. UConn is a very disiplined team. They arent cocky. They will win this game because finally they are healthly and almost 100%. This is the first game this season we can say that. Stanford beat Baylor because Simms was hurt and didnt handle the ball. UConn will make sure Simms isnt handleing the ball and when she does they will do to her what they did to the Duke guards.

Reaction Score
Sims is the key. Uconn losses to teams that have point guard who scores and draws fouls (Sims and Diggins) and have a scoring method (ND makes mid range and gets to foul line)(Baylor has Griner and foul line) and get to lose balls and play rough. Uconn can't be beat by either ND or Baylor if play efficient and tough with ball and take advantage of opportunities (Doty not turn down drives and fast breaks, Stewart score inside, Dolson drive at Griner, Hartley plays strong with ball). The Duke game Faris seals the deal. KML shoots her A game and could win going away.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to expect. Both teams have had less than impressive wins, and losses most didn't predict. I think UCONN's struggles aren't over and the lackluster wins over Maryland, PSU, SJU and several of the slow first halves (like RU in their last game) come back to bite them.

Baylor 67
UCONN 64

I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Kelly Faris will step up big time again. KML will draw alot of attention, leaving Bria and Stef to shoot and open things up. The RU game was a warm up for the Baylor Game. The starters got a rest and a wake up call. Dont foul and box out and rebound. Our defense will be up to the challange againest Baylor. Simms will have her hands full as her teammates are not great trey shooters. Griner will be pushed away from the basket. Geno has worked his kids hard over the past 3 games working on these keys to beat Baylor and ND is next.

I will repeat myself. Last season at Baylor UConn didnt get to the line until Baylor took the lead late in the second half. Uconn had an 11 point lead. This year UConn will get to the line. UConn has more size, and a bench. Kiah and Breanna will make it very tuff for Baylor players to get inside.

Bria Kelly and Caroline are leaders. Bria over the past 6 games is looking like shes over her injury and leading this team. I hope shes over her tummy sickness and ready to lite it up. This is a game where defenses shine. This is a game where stars shine. There is no team in WCBB that can put up points in seconds like UConn. I really dont see Baylor winning this one unless UCOnn beats themselves.

UConn dosnt have to play a great game to win. They have to stay out of foul trouble and play their game. There is nothing prettier then watching UConn execute their plays. UConn is a very disiplined team. They arent cocky. They will win this game because finally they are healthly and almost 100%. This is the first game this season we can say that. Stanford beat Baylor because Simms was hurt and didnt handle the ball. UConn will make sure Simms isnt handleing the ball and when she does they will do to her what they did to the Duke guards.
Once upon a time, deep in the forest......etc, etc. I have no idea which Uconn team will show up, and I doubt that Geno does. I only hope it is the smooth oiled machine, we have seen now and then. I will take a one point win................

Reaction Score
I really hate to say this but I think Baylor handles my beloved Huskies pretty easily 74-60. The reality is that outside of hype, bragging rites, and possibly NCAA seeding this game means very little. Geno is known not to show all of his entire offensive or defensive sets until it gets to Tourney time.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Baylor has Simms and Griner who provide most of the offense. UConn has KML Stef and Bria. UConns defense will shine tonite and be the difference. Unless Baylor can stop KML Stef and Bria I cant see them winning. Tomorrow Morning we should be Number 1 in the polls.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I really hate to say this but I think Baylor handles my beloved Huskies pretty easily 74-60. The reality is that outside of hype, bragging rites, and possibly NCAA seeding this game means very little. Geno is known not to show all of his entire offensive or defensive sets until it gets to Tourney time.
Geno is not going to hold anything back in this game.

I don't understand that mentality that this game doesn't matter. This game means everything. Baylor WILL be there at the end. Do you want to have confidence you can win that game or not? This is easily the biggest game of the regular season.

Going into the season, I thought Uconn would edge Baylor in Hartford tonight but lose in New Orleans. I have enjoyed but been a little disappointed by this season thus far, so I am going to have to go with a Baylor win tonight and hope that enough lights come on by New Orleans for Uconn to have a shot.

Baylor- 64
UConn- 62

If Bria is playing well and Stef shoots lights out from the outside, could be a different story.

Reaction Score

Tourney time is not the time to try new stuff that has not been tested and tweaked. I also do not agree that this game means very little. Why schedule games like this if they are meaningless? Why watch games like this if they are meaningless. If you want to prep yourself for a possible loss and reduce its sting, fine. But I, for one, am not going to waste my time and rooting energy on something that has no meaning.

UConn, in three previous meetings, only got to 70 with the incredible national player of the year combo of Moore and Charles, the top two scorers in UConn WBB. Baylor has, also, not gotten to 70 in the Griner era. Strongly believing that Baylor is the better team with the better matchups, I will predict 69-60 Baylor in a game that will never be in doubt.

Reaction Score

I don't understand that mentality that this game doesn't matter. This game means everything. Baylor WILL be there at the end. Do you want to have confidence you can win that game or not? This is easily the biggest game of the regular season.

Going into the season, I thought Uconn would edge Baylor in Hartford tonight but lose in New Orleans. I have enjoyed but been a little disappointed by this season thus far, so I am going to have to go with a Baylor win tonight and hope that enough lights come on by New Orleans for Uconn to have a shot.

Baylor- 64
UConn- 62

If Bria is playing well and Stef shoots lights out from the outside, could be a different story.

I agree that Baylor is the favorite to win. At the beginning of the season I thought UConn would beat everyone because of adding Breanna Stewart and her firepower. Thought she would be a very strong contributor in February. She is not. In fact, she has regressed and has lost her confidence. Missed a ton of layups. Jefferson and Tuck should give UConn good minutes based on the Rutgers game which should help.

My guess is that Baylor will will try to take Stef and KLM out of the game and hope Bria, Kelly, Caroline and the bench can't beat them from the perimeter.

It should be a ggod game and tell us if we have a chance to win the NCAA's.

Reaction Score

Baylor- 64
UConn- 62

What does this game really mean? That the #3 can beat the #1 team WOW SHOCKING. It has zero to do with the team goals of a Big East regular season chamionship, BE tourney championship, or National Championship. Also please stop with the "confidence" angle, we are talking the premiere college program of the last decade not the Bad News Bears.

Reaction Score
I think this game is going down to the wire and one team will win by 4 or less. I think Baylor wins this game in the final minute, but I'm a UConn fan to the end, so I'm saying UConn 75 - Baylor 72.

Let's go HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Lower scoring than 88-79, because of good defenses. Sixties, maybe?

I haven't felt that confident since Banks went down--not that she was a star or a starter, but she gave them a different look and played with lots of fire.

Baylor takes this one in a nail-biter.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think UConns defense will be too much for Baylor tonite. UConn will try to take Simms out of the game much like they did to Dukes guards. Im pretty confident and have alot of faith in UConns defense.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
predictions.jpg

...........Baylor........69
...........UCONN ....64

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It all depends on whether Bria is healthy and whether the threes drop.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I can distinctly remember thinking after last year's game the problem was Uconn did not have a player who was both quick enough AND strong enough to handle Sims. Sims is a unique player and I fear we may end up having the same problem this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom