Uconn 68 Baylor 53 Here we GO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn 68 Baylor 53 Here we GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we can make the entry pass to BG a difficult one and collapse on her, when she gets it, as well as make Simms struggle and play good perimeter D we will win.

Reaction Score
The last few big games that UConn has lost, when thinking about the game the first time on game day a thought came into my mind "we're going to lose". I have had no such thought today. Not to say that I have fool proof psychic abilities. Maybe this game just doesn't qualify as an important game with a conference or national championship at stake so my "powers" are taking the day off.

I expect a great game.

As for score predictions, I'm not going to tempt the fates. But in my gut I do feel we win. Sorry, DC. That's the best I can do.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Personally I think Stewart is the key to this game. When she was racking up the points in those first few games and gaining confidence we seemed to be a train gathering momentum. When she hit the wall we have had a few struggles since. If she finds the touch again I say we win by 5. If she is still hampered by the "Freshman Wall" we lose by 5. Now the tournament is another matter. That will give her some more time to fight through the wall.

Reaction Score
I have a concern: whoever wins this game will be at a motivational DISADVANTAGE come likely rematch time 6 weeks hence. That said, UCONN should win this one on the basis of home court advantage. One caveat: UCONN cannot allow Griner more than 2-3 blocks. Shoot outside, shoot frm half court, make the extra pass but do not attempt layups or short jumpers with Griner in the vicinity, defined as somewhere approaching the same side of the court as the shooter.

Ok, here goes:

78-71 UCONN on top. And I don't mind if UCONN loses.

Reaction Score
Our bench will be the difference. When BG is out of the game, we will get a lead and hold it. Tuck, Mo and Stewie get about 15 points between them. 72-61.

Reaction Score
Our bench will be the difference. When BG is out of the game, we will get a lead and hold it. Tuck, Mo and Stewie get about 15 points between them. 72-61.

I doubt Griner takes a seat at all unless she gets in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Unaccustomed as I am to agreeing with msf22b's posts, I second this one: two or four points either way. Anybody who claims to know how this thing will turn out is just sniffing glue.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'll be sniffing glue in Berlin...where the game starts at 3AM, so if you make a great game thread, I'll have the fun of reading it before I look at the actual score.

Prediction: This one depends on Bria. If she's baaaaaach we can win 70-68.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'll be sniffing glue in Berlin...where the game starts at 3AM, so if you make a great game thread, I'll have the fun of reading it before I look at the actual score.

Prediction: This one depends on Bria. If she's baaaaaach we can win 70-68.
Are you making your way to Rome for the Conclave?

Reaction Score
Online betting has Baylor by 6 with over/under of 135. Personally I would take the six and parlay with the over:)

Reaction Score
This is the year that BG establishes herself as a star quite unlike anything American WBB has ever seen before. Unfortunately for Huskies and their fans, doing so requires a monster performance in this specific game, which she provides. Lady Bears 82 (Griner 40), Huskies 69.

(Have I jinxed her/them sufficiently?)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is the year that BG establishes herself as a star quite unlike anything American WBB has ever seen before. Unfortunately for Huskies and their fans, doing so requires a monster performance in this specific game, which she provides. Lady Bears 82 (Griner 40), Huskies 69.

(Have I jinxed her/them sufficiently?)
Keep at it, I feel the mojo moving.

Reaction Score
I doubt Griner takes a seat at all unless she gets in foul trouble.

It's unlikely that given the pace of this game and the effort expended by both teams that anyone plays 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
It's unlikely that given the pace of this game and the effort expended by both teams that anyone plays 40 minutes.

Disagree. Faris, Griner, sims all play 38 mins at minimum. Prob 40 mins unless foul trouble or big lead.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Faris, Griner, sims all play 38 mins at minimum. Prob 40 mins unless foul trouble or big lead.

I guess we will find out who is right in about 4 hours.

Reaction Score
Baylor 69 - 61. Actually I think the game will be closer than this in
the final minute, but we have to foul and they make the free throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom