Men - UConn & 2023 Big East Baseball Tourney @ Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/24>5/27). Gms on BEDN/FloSports. Audio on Mixlr/ESPN 97.9/1300 & Varsity App | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men UConn & 2023 Big East Baseball Tourney @ Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/24>5/27). Gms on BEDN/FloSports. Audio on Mixlr/ESPN 97.9/1300 & Varsity App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 9th, first 2 batters reach base on a Padilla error and a walk. A 1 out RBI single brings in an unearned run to make it 10-2 Xavier.

Abbadessa does pick up 2 strikeouts that inning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 9th, first 2 batters reach base on a Padilla error and a walk. A 1 out RBI single brings in an unearned run to make it 10-2 Xavier.

Abbadessa does pick up 2 strikeouts that inning.
Can't say I understand why we are trying to steal 2nd there down 8 runs.

Reaction Score
Bottom 9th, Xavier puts in their closer, who has struggled of late, apparently trying to get him on track again.

UConn offense with a scoreless inning, Xavier wins 10-2.

Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow against Georgetown and the rest of the tournament.

Reaction Score
Can't say I understand why we are trying to steal 2nd there down 8 runs.
That's the way Penders has been playing it for 20 years. Up 8 or down 8 it doesn't matter. Actually he's reined in the crazy base running somewhat in the past few years.

Reaction Score
Feel like we need to shake up the lineup. Morton is striking out too much, problem is TC isn't much better right now. If Daniels was capable of playing the outfield I would put him there. Big Ben has been struggling too since coming back from injury.

Reaction Score
Feel like we need to shake up the lineup. Morton is striking out too much, problem is TC isn't much better right now. If Daniels was capable of playing the outfield I would put him there. Big Ben has been struggling too since coming back from injury.
I hear ya but it all comes down to pitching. I've bludgeoned that topic to death so I will refrain. My outlook is if they get a bid to NCAAs embrace the variance of a short series and hope and pray the pitching can hold up. Probably won't (will be facing much better teams) but will still hope and pray. I've also been watching the SEC tournament and have received a huge dose of reality. Variance is my friend at this point.

Reaction Score
That's the way Penders has been playing it for 20 years. Up 8 or down 8 it doesn't matter. Actually he's reined in the crazy base running somewhat in the past few years.
I’m sorry. I don’t care if you are in little league, high school, MLB, or beer drinking slow pitch softball, if you are down 8 runs in the 9th, your runner on first means nothing. It is station to station until you get the tying run to the plate. PERIOD. It’s not a philosophy, it’s baseball fundamentals 101.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry. I don’t care if you are in little league, high school, MLB, or beer drinking slow pitch softball, if you are down 8 runs in the 9th, your runner on first means nothing. It is station to station until you get the tying run to the plate. PERIOD. It’s not a philosophy, it’s baseball fundamentals 101.
That’s an old school approach. Station to station baseball doesn’t get you an 8-run inning. Neither does getting thrown out at second, so you make sure you don’t. The new thinking is about keeping pressure on the defense and pitcher - especially in college ball. Credit to X for maintaining their counter focus - that was a laser throw.

Reaction Score
X is playing for their season and it shows. Props to them. We’ll have our shot this weekend.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
On to the next one…we’ve only lost two straight once this year. I still like our chances of getting to Saturday.

Reaction Score
You're preaching to the choir.

Reaction Score
That’s an old school approach. Station to station baseball doesn’t get you an 8-run inning. Neither does getting thrown out at second, so you make sure you don’t. The new thinking is about keeping pressure on the defense and pitcher - especially in college ball. Credit to X for maintaining their counter focus - that was a laser throw.
Not a matter of opinion — you’re just wrong. The only goal down 8 in the 9th is to get the tying run to the plate whether he gets to the plate down 4 with the bases loaded or down 1 with no one on makes no difference whatsoever.

Reaction Score

A good analysis by Coach Penders of what happened last night. Way to many free 90's to a good Xavier team, among other things, plus not being able to drive in runners on base early in the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

A good analysis by Coach Penders of what happened last night. Way to many free 90's to a good Xavier team, among other things.

8 walks, 1 hit batter and 3 errors is just not a recipe for success. Need to clean that up today and get back on track. Will be interesting to see who gets the start on the mound.

Reaction Score
8 walks, 1 hit batter and 3 errors is just not a recipe for success. Need to clean that up today and get back on track. Will be interesting to see who gets the start on the mound.
If its not Sears I would be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul