Men - UConn & 2022 Big East Baseball Tourney@Prasco Park, Mason Ohio > Championship Game **UConn vs. Xavier on Sunday @ Noon** Game on FS2/Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men UConn & 2022 Big East Baseball Tourney@Prasco Park, Mason Ohio > Championship Game **UConn vs. Xavier on Sunday @ Noon** Game on FS2/Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What position does Korey Morton play? Is he a transfer?

And where is BL?

Huge shoutout to huskymedic - Simply amazing. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

He is not wrong. UConn really doesn’t belong in a league that plays for fun. In all candor, we are at a different level than the teams in the NEWBIE. It hurts us AND it hurts them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Baby Doll Crying GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You continue to diminish the level of play in the Big East. Having seen both Creighton and Xavier play this year I dispute that.
It’s all he has these days. It’s sad.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The Korey Morton commentary is awesome! He earned a scholarship today (“…and a good one”).

You realize Korey's father is Kevin Morton? Seton Hall > cup of coffee with Red Sox?

Reaction Score
You realize Korey's father is Kevin Morton? Seton Hall > cup of coffee with Red Sox?
Yup… I’ve actually had the opportunity to watch a few games w/ him over the years. He must be ecstatic tonight.
Valentine, Penders headline baseball panel

>Former Mets Manager Bobby Valentine and UConn baseball coach Jim Penders head a panel appearing at a special discussion on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk, geared toward preparing ambitious high school players to advance to the next level.

Valentine and Penders will be joined by Kevin Morton (former Boston Red Sox pitcher and NCAA All American at Seton Hall, and also a McMahon alum), Mike Scott (current Darien High School head coach and a former Big East Player of the Year at UConn), and Bryan Daniello (Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year out of McMahon, and an All-AAC Tournament Team member also while playing at UConn).<<

Reaction Score
The Korey Morton commentary is awesome! He earned a scholarship today (“…and a good one”).

Coach Penders says that Korey Morton has earned every penny of that scholarship. Penders said that Morton needed time to develop, and develop he has.

Morton has come a long way since last year. He has improved so much since when I first saw him play in Norwich last summer when early on I was really less than impressed with him, but he did improve a bit towards the end of the summer season. Now I'm really looking forward to see what he can do in the future, as he has really has made an impression this season with both his speed and power.

Anyway, my wife and I are back home now, so I expect to be back posting during the game(s) tomorrow.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Morton is not a big bodied player- he has some serious pop for his frame.

Reaction Score
Xavier crushing Creighton, 18-2, so it looks like it will be UConn and X for the Championship, with us getting two chances. The good news is we have Enzo and they will be throwing their 4th starter, and now that we know we won’t have a 5th game either Cooke or Chudoba joins the rest of an incredibly well rested bullpen.

Reaction Score
Coach Penders says that Korey Morton has earned every penny of that scholarship. Penders said that Morton needed time to develop, and develop he has.

Morton has come a long way since last year. He has improved so much since when I first saw him play in Norwich last summer when early on I was really less than impressed with him, but he did improve a bit towards the end of the summer season. Now I'm really looking forward to see what he can do in the future, as he has really has made an impression this season with both his speed and power.

Anyway, my wife and I are back home now, so I expect to be back posting during the game(s) tomorrow.

One other thing. UConn starting pitching definitely seems to have recovered from the Georgetown series. As good as this team can be, to me everything with this team really starts with quality starting pitching, and they have certainly gotten that from Peterson and Gallagher so far. And because of them, the UConn bullpen is in very good shape for tomorrow, at least for now.

Reaction Score
I took my 10 year old son to the Georgetown series since we moved to Virginia from Connecticut recently it’s really our limited shot of seeing the boys play.

Anyway, I took notice of Morton. He’s a high energy guy, always had his bat in his hand every chance he had when he wasn’t on the field. Taking practice swings, going to the cage with another player or coach. Definitely has the drive to take it to that next level and has extremely athletic frame.

Reaction Score

-> Game Notes
  • The 2022 Huskies are the third UConn team to win 45 games in a season (2010, 2011).
  • Morton is the fifth Husky to record a multi-homer game this season (Bushling, Dana, Huber Smith).
  • UConn is 5-0 all-time against Creighton.
  • The Huskies have 180 two-out RBI this season. <-

Reaction Score

I f—king love Korey Morton. I was not a pitcher at that age, but I know multiple guys that worked with Kevin as kids in Norwalk at IST or other spots. Sufficed to say, im wholly unsurprised his kid ended up being such a gamer. Would’ve preferred an NHS kid starring on our Huskies but will settle for BMHS.

Wish I had been more active this season, but can’t change that. Let’s go win tomorrow and then give a favored SEC/ACC team the heart attack of their lives - that just might kill’em!

Edit: yes I’ve been drinking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member