Men - UConn 2021 Big East Baseball Tournament @Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/27>5/30) Gms on Big East Digital Network/Mixlr ->Championship Game on FS2 @1p Sun. | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Men UConn 2021 Big East Baseball Tournament @Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/27>5/30) Gms on Big East Digital Network/Mixlr ->Championship Game on FS2 @1p Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, the UConn coaching staff used to let the pitchers take a turn at batting practice whenever the pitching staff threw a shutout. I wonder if UConn baseball are still doing that?
Yup. Usually the next practice day.

Reaction Score
Not sure who you mean, but It wasn‘t me...I casted the games onto my tv, so no chat.
I don’t want to post the name cause it looks like a legit name vs a handle, but someone named Conner was throwing all sorts of stuff at UConn...terrible fans, can’t abide by covid protocols, were terrible at football so we needed to change conferences. It just looked so desperate.

Reaction Score
I don’t want to post the name cause it looks like a legit name vs a handle, but someone named Conner was throwing all sorts of stuff at UConn...terrible fans, can’t abide by covid protocols, were terrible at football so we needed to change conferences. It just looked so desperate.
. Yup that was me, and yes my real name..haha. Thanks for looking out. Couldn’t deal with all his excuses and bashing of everything uconn with no real substance so I couldn’t hold back any longer.

Reaction Score
If UConn were to win convincingly on Sunday, would they have an opportunity to host a regional in CT? Or are the regional sites already determined?

Reaction Score
Big fan of your work :)
Well thank you, haha! After all the jawing of their fans and presumably the team during today’s game, I felt someone needed to put one of their own in their place. To say uconn backed their way into regular season title after laying a goose egg against us earlier in the day is baffling. And to say we changed conference bc of football makes even less sense when they went independent. Each comeback of his was worst than the one before it so he made it easy to allow me to make him look like a fool.

Reaction Score
How will pitching unfold for Sunday. We'll be on our third starter; Xavier is on its 4th starter. Or will X patch together a bullpen game? Thoughts?

Our bullpen is better and well rested, and that is a major advantage.

For those you who have followed our team closer, how do we match up.

Reaction Score

-> The Huskies, who began the day No. 20 in RPI, a key metric in NCAA Tournament selection, are in good position for an at-large bid, but can take away any tension and clinch the Big East’s automatic berth with a win Sunday. They should have all their relievers available behind starter Pat Gallagher (5-1, 4.53) for Game 1.

“We should have a full bullpen again tomorrow,” Penders said. “Gallagher’s going to start it. Let’s play one game [Sunday], go 1-0 and then get on a plane and go home and watch the selection show [Monday]. That’s the plan.” <-

Reaction Score
How will pitching unfold for Sunday. We'll be on our third starter; Xavier is on its 4th starter. Or will X patch together a bullpen game? Thoughts?

Our bullpen is better and well rested, and that is a major advantage.

For those you who have followed our team closer, how do we match up.

For the first game tomorrow, the UConn pitching staff is in fine shape. Gallagher has turned into a reliable third starter, and the bullpen is certainly in good shape as well. Willis and Wurster were used today, but they did not throw many pitches, so the Big 5 out of the pen should all be available. I like their chances.

Reaction Score
I feel I can't say much on twitter because of my personal connection. Would love to ping back on creighton fans.
20210529_204948.jpg

Reaction Score
Cutting out the possibility of a 5th game, and getting 13 innings from Peterson and Casparius and 3 from Coe puts us in great shape. Even if we only get 5 innings from Gallagher and need two games, that only leaves 13 innings. Three from Haus and two from each of Marrero, Polônia, Willis, Wurster and Crawford covers it. Without having to go into the bullpen for anyone who hasn’t pitched and succeeded regularly. And if it takes more pitchers, I’ll take Dunlop and Lucas and McBride and Mayock over the 10-13 pitchers on X’s roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Today's game was great, on both sides really. The way we're playing tomorrow has lots of potential. Must see "TV" actually. DVR Indy if you're into that. The race has enough yellows to play catch-up.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The Creighton fans are having a field day on Twitter attacking all the national reporters. Needless to say they're not taking these losses well

Reaction Score

-> Starting pitcher Ben Casparius was exceptional for the Huskies with seven shutout innings that featured just three hits allowed and 13 strikeouts. The 13 strikeouts gives Casparius 123 punch outs this season, passing Mason Feole (2018) for the second most strikeouts in a UConn single season (Colin McLaughlin, 138, during 1979 College World Series season). <-

Leaves ya wondering what could have been without all the missed games/starts.

Game Notes
  • UConn is 1-0 all-time against the Creighton Bluejays.
  • Casparius notched his fifth double-digit strikeout game of the season on Saturday.
  • The shutout is the eighth of the season for the UConn pitching staff.
  • The Huskies advance to its third conference tournament championship game in the last four seasons that conference tournaments have been played.
  • It is the ninth BIG EAST Championship game that the Huskies have played in.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Watched the Creighton Xavier game. I will give Creighton credit- good pitching and insanely good in the field. But they had 2 hitters and the rest were easy to pitch to. Xavier doesn't have the depth of lineup but are a spunky group. Hopefully we have our hitting shoes on and take them out early. I want to see how high we are seeded on Monday as opposed to hoping we get in or get a good draw

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn finally came home from a 6-11 season opening road trip to play CCSU at Elliot on March 23rd. Since then, the Huskies have gone 26-5 to currently stand at 32-16. I wonder what the record would look like if they hadn’t had a Covid pause? Anyway...just a great season, with much more to come. Could not be prouder!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well thank you, haha! After all the jawing of their fans and presumably the team during today’s game, I felt someone needed to put one of their own in their place. To say uconn backed their way into regular season title after laying a goose egg against us earlier in the day is baffling. And to say we changed conference bc of football makes even less sense when they went independent. Each comeback of his was worst than the one before it so he made it easy to allow me to make him look like a fool.

I’ve really never understood the logic of Creighton’s claim. If you go by winning percentage we are in first, but if you go by total number of wins Seton hall was in first. They are a whiny bunch and, well, winners keep playing but whiners go home.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
A couple of posts from the Creighton message board...”The Bluejay Underground“.

1. Gotta say, these Connecticut guys just look different than everybody else in the tournament. Maybe it's the unis, but they all look cut, like they're a bunch of power lifters who decided to put a baseball team together. Now 2-0, CT.

2.Two to nothing. Final. First time we've been shut out this season. The jury has come back with a verdict--Connecticut's better. Maybe not a lot better, but better. And that plane from Omaha with Creighton's bats on it has to hurry the hell up and get to Ohio in time for the Xavier game in a little while.
UCONN pitcher just said in the post-game that they tried to make up the covid-cancelled series with Creighton but "we kept dodging 'em". This is shaping up as a hell of a rivalry.

OK...enough about Creighton...they’re history. Time to focus on Xavier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET