Men - UConn 2021 Big East Baseball Tournament @Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/27>5/30) Gms on Big East Digital Network/Mixlr ->Championship Game on FS2 @1p Sun. | The Boneyard

Men UConn 2021 Big East Baseball Tournament @Prasco Park, Mason Ohio (5/27>5/30) Gms on Big East Digital Network/Mixlr ->Championship Game on FS2 @1p Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

6:30 start works quite well for me, a nice little bonus in UConn baseball taking the regular season championship. As always, the big key (especially for UConn this season with only 3 reliable starting pitchers) is to stay in the winners bracket. Not having to play Saturday would be a big bonus where you get to rest your pitching staff.

Reaction Score
I wonder who is gonna start the first game. Austin Peterson has been the Friday starter the past few weeks but I would imagine Casparius gets the game one start

Reaction Score
I wonder who is gonna start the first game. Austin Peterson has been the Friday starter the past few weeks but I would imagine Casparius gets the game one start

I'm inclined to think the coaching staff will keep the starting pitchers on their current schedule. Peterson and Casparius would both get a full week of rest that way. However, coaches are always doing funky stuff with who they start in post season tournaments, so you never know.

Reaction Score
Wonder how the approach may change this year vs the old Big East years or the AAC where it was 8 teams. A four team double elimination feels like so much less of a grind. The 8 team tournaments also started on tuesdays so you wouldn’t have your weekend arms available yet. Hopefully it bodes well with our three weekend arms. Obviously the key here is to go 2-0 and avoid the losers bracket and get two chances to win the championship.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...it seems that Geno has been giving a lot of pep talks to other UConn sports teams this school year. I'm sure everyone enjoys it. He's great to listen to.
Met Geno at the game on Saturday and took a picture with him. Had a great conversation with Geno about the team. He was saying how athletic this team is and how hard they play. He told me they r gonna be exciting to watch the rest of the way. Let’s hope he’s right

Reaction Score
Met Geno at the game on Saturday and took a picture with him. Had a great conversation with Geno about the team. He was saying how athletic this team is and how hard they play. He told me they r gonna be exciting to watch the rest of the way. Let’s hope he’s right
I love seeing coaches supporting other UConn teams. I remember Calhoun giving a pep talk to the baseball team a few years ago prior to post season. Hurley was at a game in Hartford as well. It might have been the Wichita State series in 2019.

Let’s hope Geno is right. Exciting time of year for college baseball fan. Btw, I saw a good show on SEC network about Will Clark and Rafael Palmeiro at Miss State in early 80s. Bobby Thigpen and Brantley were on the team as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Prasco Park

Seating capacity: 1,000 (permanent not counting standing room)

Field: Kentucky Bluegrass infield/outfield)

LF: 320ft
LC: 380ft
CF: 400ft
RC: 380ft
RF: 320ft
Batter’s eye is 25 feet high in center field.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do we have a shot a hosting some point in the future in Storrs, Hartford or Norwich?

Reaction Score
NM. I thought you meant regionals.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do we have a shot a hosting some point in the future in Storrs, Hartford or Norwich?
Penders has already publicly stated he wants to make a run @ hosting the Big East Tourney in Storrs when the the next bidding occurs. Its been in Ohio since 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom