UConn #13 in latest AP poll | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn #13 in latest AP poll

Reaction Score
UConn is not a four seed. The AP has nothing, zilc, nada, zip, zero to do with seeding. NOTHING!

UConn is NET # four - a probable one Seed if that ranking holds.

I can’t understand why anybody gives a rip what the AP thinks.

WHO CARES?
The Committee doesn’t seed directly based on NET either. UConn could very well end up a four seed if the tournament was tomorrow. To think polls don’t influence the opinion of committee members is naive imo.

Reaction Score
The Committee doesn’t seed directly based on NET either. UConn could very well end up a four seed if the tournament was tomorrow. To think polls don’t influence the opinion of committee members is naive imo.
Minor influence? Sure. Direct influence? No

The committee can depart from the AP and no one would say anything. If they depart from the NET to the extent you suggest would have them investigated for fraud. 4th ranked to a four seed? No way. 2 seed? Yeah, it could happen

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Are people new to this poll thing?

When a team beats a higher-ranked team, they move up. It's quite predictable. It's nothing against the teams that get “jumped” after holding serve against unranked or lower-ranked teams. It doesn't mean Kansas State or UConn fell from the voters' good graces, and it's nothing to get our knickers in a twist over.

(I wonder if the K-State fans are this outraged?)
Actually, I heard all 3 of them were upset!:rolleyes:

sun

Reaction Score
I think that it's possible that UConn can climb in the AP but fall in the NET due to other teams increasing their SOS as their conference schedules commence.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Do you have any evidence for your claim that the committee members (contrary to their stated criteria) are influenced by the polls?

Reaction Score
Do you have any evidence for your claim that the committee members (contrary to their stated criteria) are influenced by the polls?
Well, they are human.

Reaction Score
Minor influence? Sure. Direct influence? No

The committee can depart from the AP and no one would say anything. If they depart from the NET to the extent you suggest would have them investigated for fraud. 4th ranked to a four seed? No way. 2 seed? Yeah, it could happen
Dropping a team 9 spots in the NET to their seed isn’t unheard of. UConn was 2 last year and was the ranked 7ths in the S Curve. LSU finished 3rd in NET last year and was given a 3 seed. A 4 seed wouldn’t be shocking to me considering the rankings and where people clearly have us based on the eye test.

Reaction Score
Our ranking brought down by mostly west coast voters. However Emily (of the Hartford Courant) has us at #18??? WTF
I want to apologize to all boneyard members and guests for asking everyone to give Emily Adams a chance to demonstrate professional objectivity when writing about UConn wbb. Well, she had her chance and blew it. IMHO her ranking UConn as #18 is insulting to all Wbb fans and has an adverse affect on her objectivity/professionalism as a sports writer. Her rankings could be construed as nothing more than ranking the teams based solely on their number of losses.

Please don’t respond to the Hartford Courant objecting to her placement of UConn in the rankings. Their primary concern may be the total number of responses.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They are humans.
Yes, I was aware that the committee members are a subset of human beings.

But how does “they are human” constitute evidence of influence from a specific piece of input? Are their seeding decisions also influenced by the weather? The horoscopes? The price of oil? I mean, they are human after all.

Reaction Score
Rankings just in general confuse me. How is Marquette still ranked after get demolished by UConn and then losing to an unranked team?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Rankings just in general confuse me. How is Marquette still ranked after get demolished by UConn and then losing to an unranked team?
I wouldn't have them ranked myself, but Marquette was #18 prior to playing UConn and thus had a bit of a “cushion” to play with, and multiple teams ranked below them and in the receiving votes category also lost during that period.

It's often just as much about what the teams in the vicinity do as it is about what Team X does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom