OT: - UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
maybe we can get some mick to tennessee rumors going if barnes really does go to ucla. think thats actually a pretty good job and he could do okay there.
You very likely won't do better than Cronin. You know that, right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
........... sh!!!T

[B]Ben Bolch[/B]‏Verified account @[B]latbbolch[/B]
FollowFollow @latbbolch
Latest I've heard is that Rick Barnes and Lon Kruger have been interviewed for the UCLA job, with Barnes considered the frontrunner. He's 64, two years younger than Kruger, and is coming off a national-coach-of-the-year season at Tennessee.

jesus lon kruger is a senior citizen.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine conducting a search for 100 days and coming up with Lon Kruger or Rick Barnes? The answer should be Earl Watson.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine conducting a search for 100 days and coming up with Lon Kruger or Rick Barnes? The answer should be Earl Watson.

would it be the first time a school hired a student to coach the team?

Reaction Score
What's insane is that given these dumpster fires of candidates and coach searches, had a certain unemployed coach spent a year doing games, taking responsibility, being humble & maybe finally getting back to hard work his chances of getting college coaching money would be, oh I don't know, say approximately 5 to 10 million times more profitable than his current strategy.

Sorry in advance if any of the sycophants visit this thread.

Reaction Score
Krugar is 66 and Barnes will be 65 this summer, I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Krugar is 66 and Barnes will be 65 this summer, I don't get it.
Well we've decided that mid-to late 70's is the ideal age for candidates for the most difficult job in the world, so college bball coaching at 65 is a mid-career challenge by comparison. Luckily kids and the world aren't really changing that much so UCLA isn't concerned about the generation gulf.
Whoops, did I introduce another divisive topic ;)

pj

Reaction Score
wtf just hire someone already and stop giving me hope that micky will be gone. ucla has interviewed like 32 ppl at this point.

You know Mick fails at the round of 32.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
You very likely won't do better than Cronin. You know that, right?
Most likely, but the AAC has surprised of late when it comes to coaching hires. Ron Hunter and Joe Dooley being the coaches of the worst teams in the league is not bad. And Cinci is a good program, with or without Mick.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What's insane is that given these dumpster fires of candidates and coach searches, had a certain unemployed coach spent a year doing games, taking responsibility, being humble & maybe finally getting back to hard work his chances of getting college coaching money would be, oh I don't know, say approximately 5 to 10 million times more profitable than his current strategy.

Sorry in advance if any of the sycophants visit this thread.

I'm glad KO is gone too, but do we really have to turn every thread into a Kevin Ollie argument thread?

Reaction Score

That is the equivalent of $4.4M with no income tax in Tennessee. Fulmer and UT would be crazy not to match or offer more. Just their ticket revenue from packing their arena pays for the salary boost. However, Knoxville vs LA is terms of lifestyle is a factor. Does Barnes want his last stop to be a resurrection of the UCLA program or does he want to spend the next 6+ years in Knoxville.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UCLA wouldn't even look at Dan Hurley then or now
Neither would an ACC school
He needs positive experience at the higher D1 level - which he is just starting at UConn
A few good years and he will be looked at
You know that Pitt offered Hurley more money than us and Hurley still came Storrs right?

Which conference are they in again?

Reaction Score
I’m on the Luke Walton bandwagon. And a bonus would be pep talks from his father and a real life example of what happens when you toke a little too often.

Reaction Score
You know that Pitt offered Hurley more money than us and Hurley still came Storrs right?

Which conference are they in again?
Pitt, BCU & Virginia Tech aren't truly accepted as ACC schools/teams by ACC fans so they don't count. I don't know how they mentally got themselves to accept Syracuse, but they did. Much like Maryland is in the big ten for scheduling purposes only.
And I further assume by 'ACC schools' the original poster really meant that Danny Hurley wasn't getting hired at Dook, Carolina or Virginia.

Reaction Score
I’m on the Luke Walton bandwagon. And a bonus would be pep talks from his father and a real life example of what happens when you toke a little too often.

You become rich and famous and universally beloved?

I'd like to see Walton get the gig. No idea how he'd transition from the pro game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom