OT: - UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin

Reaction Score
So relieved each day I read about all these coaching carousel/searches, that we got rid of KO when we did. Dan Hurley would have been an afterthought had we not pulled the trigger when we did, and we would’ve now been one more year deeper into status quo irrelevancy, while trying to compete for a quality coach.
I mostly agree, though I don't see Hurley in the Deep South or fitting in LA culture. If we get back to where we want to be, I think there are only a few programs that might be able to poach him.

Reaction Score
I mostly agree, though I don't see Hurley in the Deep South or fitting in LA culture. If we get back to where we want to be, I think there are only a few programs that might be able to poach him.
I am sure he sees us as worthy of a destination job. Took us over Pitt.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UCLA wou
UCLA wouldn't even look at Dan Hurley then or now
Neither would an ACC school
He needs positive experience at the higher D1 level - which he is just starting at UConn
A few good years and he will be looked at

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
................................................... sh!!!T

[B]Ben Bolch[/B]‏Verified account @[B]latbbolch[/B]
FollowFollow @latbbolch
Latest I've heard is that Rick Barnes and Lon Kruger have been interviewed for the UCLA job, with Barnes considered the frontrunner. He's 64, two years younger than Kruger, and is coming off a national-coach-of-the-year season at Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Crazy to discount A10 coaching experience or act like it’s some low major conference.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
maybe we can get some mick to tennessee rumors going if barnes really does go to ucla. think thats actually a pretty good job and he could do okay there.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
maybe we can get some mick to tennessee rumors going if barnes really does go to ucla. think thats actually a pretty good job and he could do okay there.

Tweet it to....32 reporters

Reaction Score
I can't wait until Bill Walton weighs in on the Ucla coaching search. That will be some wild, wild stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom