OT: - UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin | The Boneyard

OT: UCLA narrowing in on Dixon and Cronin

Reaction Score
Why would Dixon leave TCU? Cronin should leave so you ungrateful cinci fans can get what you deserve
Think it’s all money. Seems like UCLA can and is willing to outpay almost any program.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
John Brannen at NKU will take the job. I know others would be interested with the most interesting name being Nick Van Exel who was an assistant at Texas St, G-League HC and current NBA assistant.

Our AD hired Luke Fickell and our women's basketball coach both of which look like really solid hires so I'm not worried.

Sometimes you have to take a risk.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that UCLA can't do better. That is a really sad short list.

Yeah a little but Jamie is doing some nice things at TCU not an easy place to make that happen. Thought he got shortchanged for the tourney this year because there were worst teams in it with under 500 record in their conferences.

Mick has shown the ability to make players play really hard, buy in and play to his style. He doesn't get a ton of 4-5 stars but more than likely that would change at UCLA. Problem is do these kids want to play smash mouth hoops?

Reaction Score
Yeah a little but Jamie is doing some nice things at TCU not an easy place to make that happen. Thought he got shortchanged for the tourney this year because there were worst teams in it with under 500 record in their conferences.

Mick has shown the ability to make players play really hard, buy in and play to his style. He doesn't get a ton of 4-5 stars but more than likely that would change at UCLA. Problem is do these kids want to play smash mouth hoops?
I don't see how Mick is a fit at all. Jamie is an underwhelming hire but can fit in I suppose. I am shocked they won't look at Earl Watson.

Reaction Score
John Brannen at NKU will take the job. I know others would be interested with the most interesting name being Nick Van Exel who was an assistant at Texas St, G-League HC and current NBA assistant.

Our AD hired Luke Fickell and our women's basketball coach both of which look like really solid hires so I'm not worried.

Sometimes you have to take a risk.
Baywatch Bobby Brannen.

Reaction Score
In the Tourni, One guy failed to make it out of the 1st weekend about 8 or 9 times and only got to the E8 one time, and the Second guy's name is synonymous with "1st weekend fold 'em."
If UCLA is targeting regular season revenues and 1st weekend appearances, they are absolutely laser-focused on the best two candidates.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that UCLA can't do better. That is a really sad short list.
They waited on oats but surprised no move on musselman. Isn’t Luke Walton leaving the lakers? Thought o heard that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UCLA - once the icon of college hoops has become a world of uncertainty
even when Alford had a strong team a few years there was all kinds of bad mojo
I'm guessing only a former player could walk in and try to get things right, UCLA loves it's former stars
Even though not a former player, maybe they give Luke Walton a look- he wont be with the Lakers- he's not LeBron's type, he won't put up with LeBron's crap and Lebron doesn't care for daddy Bill

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

For Christs sake, can these AAC teams stop with the name nostalgia hires?

Brannen would be a good hire.

Reaction Score
Nick Van Exel doesn't have the experience to jump to a high major job, I can't see that possibly happening.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Seems odd they would be considering someone from the Ben Howland coaching tree.

Whose teams play eerily like Howland's. I just don't get it.

Shouldn't there be people jumping at the chance? I mean, PAC, fertile recruiting ground, big money, brand, institutional support....what gives?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would hate to see Mick leave the conference. For all the crap we give him on his tournament performances, He’s a great coach.

Since he's on the opposite sideline, I enjoy seeing him almost self-combust game in game out.

Reaction Score
Whose teams play eerily like Howland's. I just don't get it.

Shouldn't there be people jumping at the chance? I mean, PAC, fertile recruiting ground, big money, brand, institutional support....what gives?

Beats me but I do remember after Alford was fired there were more than a few media members saying the job was overrated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom