UCLA hiring Mick Cronin | The Boneyard

UCLA hiring Mick Cronin

Reaction Score
I honestly don't understand why this would be good news for Cincinnati fans. I get the disappointing post-seasons but just the simple fact that their program was always in the tournament given the realignment drama and Cinci being what it is was impressive. I expect Cincinnati to take a SMU sized step back with their new coach.

Reaction Score
Damn. That's too bad. John Brannen is probably the odds on favorite for the Cincy job. I like him, but he's no lock for the consistent regular season success Cronin gave them.

Reaction Score
dJD5o3B7QdaRk4g6Tt.gif

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I honestly don't understand why this would be good news for Cincinnati fans. I get the disappointing post-seasons but just the simple fact that their program was always in the tournament given the realignment drama and Cinci being what it is was impressive. I expect Cincinnati to take a SMU sized step back with their new coach.

It'll be worse than that. Why would any player go to Cinci unless they are able to hire a big time coach? There are so many other schools in the same area to go to... and they don't have a history of post season success. I don't see how this is good. This seems like it will end like Texas.

Reaction Score
I'll miss the Hurley vs. Cronin sideline shenanigans.

It'll be worse than that. Why would any player go to Cinci unless they are able to hire a big time coach? There are so many other schools in the same area to go to... and they don't have a history of post season success. I don't see how this is good. This seems like it will end like Texas.

But like if Texas were in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Because it's the Harvard of the Ohio Valley.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
In all seriousness. Thank you Mick for your service. Thanks for bringing the type of stability we needed to rebuild our program. It was just painfully obvious that you maxed out what you could do here, best of luck at UCLA!!!

GO CATS!!!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I am curious who cincy hires and how the job looks to the outside world.

Reaction Score
This just doesn't seem like something that will end well for UCLA or Cronin. He was the 18th choice, and not just someone that UCLA didn't interview until late. He was an early interview and then they tried to get everyone but Wooden's corpse before choosing Mick. He doesn't have an LA mentality. Maybe that's what UCLA needs, but I don't think this is a long term relationship.

From Cincinnati's perspective, this may be for the best. They could certainly do worse than Mick, but there's no reason to believe he was going take them to the next level. It would've been impossible to fire Cronin based on his success, so maybe this is a free reset.

Reaction Score
This just doesn't seem like something that will end well for UCLA or Cronin. He was the 18th choice, and not just someone that UCLA didn't interview until late. He was an early interview and then they tried to get everyone but Wooden's corpse before choosing Mick. He doesn't have an LA mentality. Maybe that's what UCLA needs, but I don't think this is a long term relationship.

From Cincinnati's perspective, this may be for the best. They could certainly do worse than Mick, but there's no reason to believe he was going take them to the next level. It would've been impossible to fire Cronin based on his success, so maybe this is a free reset.
What's an LA mentality?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that this is an exceptional hire for UCLA. They need stability and toughness, and Mick will give them both. Plus he'll get some 5-stars, which should get them to the 2nd weekend pretty regularly (and third weekend occasionally).

They'll play like Virginia, tho. I do wonder if UCLA fans will sit still for that...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom