UCF postgame | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCF postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you don't know the difference or don't see the difference, I don't think anyone around here could explain it to you.
PS...did they try to trap the "starters"????????
I certainly do know the difference. I played college women’s basketball—just an FYI on basketball knowledge. Never heard this kind of point made. And FYI: the rudeness of yr reply is exactly why I hardly come to this site anymore. Rather than actually answer the question, or attempt to, you dismiss and insult me. That’s just rude.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on the game today:

- Another solid defensive effort. Particularly Crystal & Mikayla bird dogging Kay Kay Wright.
- I watched Ionescu last night, and she is truly a great player, but Pheesa deserves the NPOY.
- For the most part, UCF was on their best behavior. However, I was a little concerned after Megan got smacked in the nose during the 1st minute of the game.
- Not sure if I would be celebrating like UCF’s bench if I was getting beaten by 20+.
- Time for our Huskies to go Dancing.

With a few days off until their first round game in 10-11 days, this song has got to be in the minds of many players preparing for their final run of the season. It's always been one of my favorites. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Personally I am ok with the celebrations but I understand why they are outputting.
Well for me it wasn't so much the celebrations (however silly they looked, but if they want to be silly and look like idiots...go for it), however my problem was with them mocking the UCONN players. Especially when they are down 20.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Olivia makes a difference on defense.She doesn't have to block a shot just change it. She also rebounded very well. A couple of bogus foul calls.

Mikayla - WOW. She absolutely made Wright disappear. Wright had 4 points for the game!

Squeaks had a game. 2 blocks, a couple of steals & 13 points. 5 turnovers were not good.

Phee was UNREAL. She's my NPOY.

As to UCF - very disappointed in their bench behavior. No class. The trap of Kyla by the UCF starters was bush league. Geno was pissed and rightly so. Coach Abe did not do herself any good in Geno's eyes.

ANYTIME you can hold a player to 14 points under their season average, that's a hell of an accomplishment. I love your analogy of "made her disappear." By taking Wright out of the offense, UConn effectively pulled the BIGGEST tooth in UCF's offensive "bite".

Last edited by a moderator:

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Let's see if I have this correct -

WE have a team who behaves with appropriate decorum...THEY don't.

WE have a classy coach...THEY don't

WE play the game the right way...THEY don't

After reading this thread I had to check what forum I was on. Sounded like some of the stuff I've read on various Lady Vols forums which smacked of self-righteousness and down right priggish.

Reaction Score
Funny you should say that because the two UCONN defense sequences prior to the subs coming in the game was a Diamond press with Mikayla at the top that fell back into a 1 2 2 zone. Does max effort include a press with less than 2 minutes left and a 20 point lead?
You are just being obtuse now. The press was being worked on by players in our primary rotation when UCF still had players from their primary rotation on the floor too. We weren't pressing their rarely used bench players and, as you said, there were still 2 minutes left in the game.

I am starting to get a feel for people's roles. You are the person that defends every opposing coach and player from mean UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Too much PC on this board? Their action looked silly but definitely harmless and not offensive, so let them be.
You are right about too much PC. It is politically correct to not criticize opposing coaches, players or the refs. Are those things harmful and offensive? If not, let people complain. After all, this IS a UConn board.

Reaction Score
I noticed that too. Looks like about 10 seconds was edited out just as she was talking about the handshake. Don't think it was a glitch -- didn't happen any other time.

This vaguely reminds me of the early 70's...let's just call it "Pressgate" for all intent and purpose. When will "deep throat" show up with those missing "seconds"?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I certainly do know the difference. I played college women’s basketball—just an FYI on basketball knowledge. Never heard this kind of point made. And FYI: the rudeness of yr reply is exactly why I hardly come to this site anymore. Rather than actually answer the question, or attempt to, you dismiss and insult me. That’s just rude.
You are right and I am sorry. :(

Reaction Score
After watching Geno's post-game interview, I came away amazed at how passionate he spoke about Collier. Rarely does he expend that length of time and give that much high praise on a player, especially in deeming her best in the nation. I saw a bit of that about Lou last year in some post-games, but this one was a little different.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
You are just being obtuse now. The press was being worked on by players in our primary rotation when UCF still had players from their primary rotation on the floor too. We weren't pressing their rarely used bench players and, as you said, there were still 2 minutes left in the game.

I am starting to get a feel for people's roles. You are the person that defends every opposing coach and player from mean UConn fans.

If you really believe that then you have clearly not read enough of CocoHusky's posts.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are just being obtuse now. The press was being worked on by players in our primary rotation when UCF still had players from their primary rotation on the floor too. We weren't pressing their rarely used bench players and, as you said, there were still 2 minutes left in the game. I am starting to get a feel for people's roles. You are the person that defends every opposing coach and player from mean UConn fans.
Very observant for someone who has been on the for less than a week now. Please do stick around.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well for me it wasn't so much the celebrations (however silly they looked, but if they want to be silly and look like idiots...go for it), however my problem was with them mocking the UCONN players. Especially when they are down 20.

For those of us not attending the game just what were they doing to "mock" our players? I couldn't see enough on the TV to catch this. That's pretty bad behavior.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's see if I have this correct -

WE have a team who behaves with appropriate decorum...THEY don't.

WE have a classy coach...THEY don't

WE play the game the right way...THEY don't

After reading this thread I had to check what forum I was on. Sounded like some of the stuff I've read on various Lady Vols forums which smacked of self-righteousness and down right priggish.
Thank you. I’ve been complaining about this for months.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For those of us not attending the game just what were they doing to "mock" our players? I couldn't see enough on the TV to catch this. That's pretty bad behavior.
Was just getting ready to ask that very question. @EricLA started an excellent thread of courtside observations which did not include an observation of UCF player mocking UCONN players and mocking did not come across on television.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I re-watched the game and their bench did mock Meg after she was called for a travel, ESPN did show it, even #50 said something about them being excited and said that it's OK. I don't think #50 noticed that it was more of mocking and not being excited. I officiated BB while in the Army and if I had seen it, the bench would have been "T" up for taunting. Being excited for a play and jumping up and down on the courtside is okay, BUT mocking the other team is considered a way of taunting and is a technical foul.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I re-watched the game and their bench did mock Meg after she was called for a travel, ESPN did show it, even #50 said something about them being excited and said that it's OK. I don't think #50 noticed that it was more of mocking and not being excited. I officiated BB while in the Army and if I had seen it, the bench would have been "T" up for taunting. Being excited for a play and jumping up and down on the courtside is okay, BUT mocking the other team is considered a way of taunting and is a technical foul.
I didn't see that before but I definitely see it now. After MW is called for a travel THREE UCF players break out into an extended dance. That is definitely mocking, silly, & stupid.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Was it anything like the UConn pep band that chants "left-right-left-right-SIT DOWN" as a player that's fouled out goes to the bench?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Was it anything like the UConn pep band that chants "left-right-left-right-SIT DOWN" as a player that's fouled out goes to the bench?
Yes, as an official you consider something like that part of the game, but when a PLAYER of the other team does something like that it is considered taunting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, as an official you consider something like that part of the game, but when a PLAYER of the other team does something like that it is considered taunting.
LOL. Seriously?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
LOL. Seriously?
Yes, a bench treated differently then the fans. Now if they had done something that interfered with a player during the game then a technical can be called on the fans. It happened just recently when a fan threw an object onto the court after a foul was called.

Reaction Score
Yes, a bench treated differently then the fans. Now if they had done something that interfered with a player during the game then a technical can be called on the fans. It happened just recently when a fan threw an object onto the court after a foul was called.
If they call a technical on a fan, who takes the foul shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom