U17 World Cup | Page 5 | The Boneyard

U17 World Cup

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USA has pretty much zero movement on offense - one player dribbling and trying to break down the defense then either passing back out for another player or forcing an entry pass into double or triple coverage. Not pretty on offense and their pressure defense isn't resulting in steals and easy layups. They have a 10 point lead at half but it looks ugly.

Reaction Score
Cambridge is really good. Best player for Team USA so far. Really pushes the pace.
Easily the best player on the USA team today. Though she sometimes forces things a bit. The malaise of M. Williams continues (1 of 3). Same with Watkins (2 of 10). Though, to be fair, Watkins did have one great game. All the rest, including this one so far, have been subpar.
Terrible second quarter for US. Outscored 13-12.

Reaction Score
USA has pretty much zero movement on offense - one player dribbling and trying to break down the defense then either passing back out for another player or forcing an entry pass into double or triple coverage. Not pretty on offense and their pressure defense isn't resulting in steals and easy layups. They have a 10 point lead at half but it looks ugly.
There is no offense. Its brick up shots, rebound and hope for an easy layup.

Reaction Score
Well, M. Williams hit 3 outside shots in a row (2 of the 3 pointers) in the fourth quarter as the USA wins 84-62.

Reaction Score
Watkins wins player of the tournament ??
She had 1 good game.
Watkins, Cambridge, Prosper, Carrion and Malonga were named to the team of the tournament.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Per Mike Flynn "Lots of college coaches in attendance"

Probably most if not all as a chance to watch the 'world' players and not the USA or even Canada ones. They have plenty of chances to see the north american players closer to home.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cambridge was easily the best American player over the quarter, semi, and final.

Finished with 36 assists to 8 turnovers.

Shot 49% from inside the arc, just 3/13 from three.

Her steal rate per 40 minutes was 5.4

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Prosper has potential but seemed indecisive several times. But like her a bit more than Booker.
She would drive in to the lane, stop and not know what to do next. Like so many players, she knows shooting the 3 (not very well, btw) or driving to the basket. She hasn't figured out how to rise and take the short jumper. She big and athletic and just needs to develop her basketball skills.

She's keeping her recruitment a secret which I like. Jeff really wants her. LOL

Reaction Score
She would drive in to the lane, stop and not know what to do next. Like so many players, she knows shooting the 3 (not very well, btw) or driving to the basket. She hasn't figured out how to rise and take the short jumper. She big and athletic and just needs to develop her basketball skills.

I agree that the jump stop game needs to be included. I also have wondered if in some cases it was a situation where she didn't have somewhere to pass the ball? From what I watched, I found Canada's offensive sets would end up stalling as players be watching to see what she or Fournier would do next.

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to seeing Prosper play college ball.

Maybe she's actually planning on going straight to the WNBA via USports or a professional league? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom