U16 Trials | Page 6 | The Boneyard

U16 Trials

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clay Kallam must be at the trials. He mentioned 4 players he was surprised didn't make the final 18. One of them is Destiny Adams.

Sounds like there was enough talent to take 2-3 dominant teams.

Reaction Score
With the USA so dominant, I doubt FIBA would give us any advantages such as venue

Also, I would guess the kids enjoy the travel and the exotic feel of these events. As long as the living conditions and arena's are suitable.

true but then again Brooklyn is pretty exotic to somebody from Texas........... ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
DeBerry should be UConn's second 2021 recruiting priority after Azzi Fudd
Both have UCONN offers and play different position. I don't see a need for UCONN to prioritize in this case.

Reaction Score
Both have UCONN offers and play different position. I don't see a need for UCONN to prioritize in this case.

I say that because I assume Fudd will be the most wanted recruit in the '21 class by UConn and it's competitors while DeBerry appears to be the top big forward available and UConn will likely need help at that position.................add a skilled wing if needed and that class would be truly outstanding.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I say that because I assume Fudd will be the most wanted recruit in the '21 class by UConn and it's competitors while DeBerry appears to be the top big forward available and UConn will likely need help at that position.......add a skilled wing if needed and that class would be truly outstanding...
I'd still say you don't prioritize anyone over Azzi because she has the potential to be a generational talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd has previously said she longed to play at UConn. She has visited UConn at least four times, twice in Hartford for games, and twice on campus. Her best friend, who she is nearly inseparable from, is attending UConn next year and would be her teammate for three seasons if she were to come.

I think both sides have prioritized each other. I make the Huskies the betting favorite in that race.

Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd has previously said she longed to play at UConn. She has visited UConn at least four times, twice in Hartford for games, and twice on campus. Her best friend, who she is nearly inseparable from, is attending UConn next year and would be her teammate for three seasons if she were to come.

I think both sides have prioritized each other. I make the Huskies the betting favorite in that race.
Paige did say she was recruiting other players :cool:

But Deberry seems to have a lot of interest in UConn and I hope she comes. Miles is a stud too, but if anyone has not heard, we need height

Reaction Score
I'd still say you don't prioritize anyone over Azzi because she has the potential to be a generational talent.

I agree, she's priority number one, DeBerry number two.......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Final 12-player roster announced.

Named to the team were: Janiah Barker (Tampa Bay Tech H.S., Fla./Marietta, Ga.); Lauren Betts (Grandview H.S./Centennial, Colo.); KK Bransford (Mount Notre Dame H.S./Cincinnati, Ohio); Sonia Citron (The Ursuline School/Scarsdale, N.Y.); Amari DeBerry (Williamsville South H.S./Buffalo, N.Y.); Timea Gardiner (Fremont H.S./Ogden, Utah); Londynn Jones(Santiago H.S./Riverside, Calif.); Olivia Miles (Blair Academy/Phillipsburg, N.J.); Aaliyah Moore (Moore H.S./Moore, Okla.); Saylor Poffenbarger (Middletown H.S./Middletown, Md.); Kiki Rice (Sidwell Friends School, D.C./Bethesda, Md.); and Payton Verhulst (Bishop Meige H.S./De Soto, Kan.).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Final 12-player roster announced.

Named to the team were: Janiah Barker (Tampa Bay Tech H.S., Fla./Marietta, Ga.); Lauren Betts (Grandview H.S./Centennial, Colo.); KK Bransford (Mount Notre Dame H.S./Cincinnati, Ohio); Sonia Citron (The Ursuline School/Scarsdale, N.Y.); Amari DeBerry (Williamsville South H.S./Buffalo, N.Y.); Timea Gardiner (Fremont H.S./Ogden, Utah); Londynn Jones(Santiago H.S./Riverside, Calif.); Olivia Miles (Blair Academy/Phillipsburg, N.J.); Aaliyah Moore (Moore H.S./Moore, Okla.); Saylor Poffenbarger (Middletown H.S./Middletown, Md.); Kiki Rice (Sidwell Friends School, D.C./Bethesda, Md.); and Payton Verhulst (Bishop Meige H.S./De Soto, Kan.).

Holy cow. Of the 12 UConn POI remaining, 11 made the team with just Hollingshead missing.

Verhulst the only non-UConn POI on the roster, for now.

Roster with pics and bios.

UConn should just set up camp in Chile next month.

Reaction Score
I wonder when the last time three NY/NJ recruits were on a USA international team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom