U Tenn self-reports 10 violations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U Tenn self-reports 10 violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
In a related development, I am shocked--shocked!--that there is gambling at Rick's.

Ah, but of course... Captain Louis Renault!
Let’s face it, hypocrisy is (uhhh, how you say...) funny!
UConn Cassablanca police.jpg

Vociferously lying, by making a public spectacle about only doing things the right way, in formally charging another with violations everyone knows he has a history of making… yes, it’s ludicrous! Thank goodness it only happens in the movies! Good old Captain Louis Renault !!!

Reaction Score
THAT'S IT! UConn should refuse to play them...Rememeber, kiddies, you can't spell yoU cheaT, without UT!!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As JS has posted, UConn had 7 self-reported incidences in a 3 year period. I don't think there is a doubt that all schools have these. The rules the NCAA has are set up like a mine field. Sometimes you don't know about it until you step on it.

So, while we are having fun at TN's expense, this is not an unusual situation. But the fact that TN fans called UConn "UCheat" for years and Pat suppossidly ended the UConn/TN series because of cheating is something that should be told over and over for a while to point out their hypocricy.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
10 violations. And why wouldn't we think there are more that have just not come to light?

This is unbelievable.
What is really unbelievable is how many they got away with. You cant convince me that if they reported 10-11 there werent more that they didnt know about, or bent the rules, or just forgot about. Now everybody knows exactly what theyre dealing with when trying to recruit with Tenn.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Sick...why in blazes did she go after Geno like that when she was up to her neck in it? I think it must be because she was already borderline...some of us have thought that for a long time, and this clinches it...

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I would love to hear Oldvolfan, Voladdict or Aurabass defend this...how would they square these latest revelations with their past comments about Geno, Maya, DT, Bird and UConn in general?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would love to hear Oldvolfan, Voladdict or Aurabass defend this...how would they square these latest revelations with their past comments about Geno, Maya, DT, Bird and UConn in general?
"More fries with that order, sir?"

Reaction Score

I'm sure they would think of something!

Reaction Score
If their board (summitt) don't discuss it it never happened or somehow it's UConn and Geno's fault.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Admittedly, it is a failing of mine to enjoy this so much...

Like everyone else, I have my weaknesses, but to be perfectly honest, this is rather delicious sinful pleasure. In fact, so delicious as to make whatever act of contrition comes my way, more than worth the cost...

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How ARE they reacting to this over on Checkerboard Square? Anybody ever go over there anymore? Phil?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
How ARE they reacting to this over on Checkerboard Square? Anybody ever go over there anymore? Phil?

I'm sure it's no big deal. It's always different when the shoes on the other foot. (Or the foot is in the mouth) Whatever..

Reaction Score
No mention of it on the Lady Vols forum at volnation.com (the board for
cheapskate Vol fans).

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
It was posted a bit after midnight on the Summitt. So far 1,513 views but not much commentary - 18 posts thus far. I don't have a subscription so I have no idea what is being said.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Louisville put up a billboard to try and get her. Is that a violation?

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Was that $15 for a pizza in Tennessee? That alone sounds like a crime.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't believe this ended up a violation. Your point?
Why would a billboard not be a violation? It is worse for them cause they didn't get her.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Why would a billboard not be a violation? It is worse for them cause they didn't get her.
Because it did not include the recruit in the benefit alone. In fact, there was no direct benefit to the recruit.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I know you are just trying to deflect the conversation from Tennessee's 11 violations by bringing up the sign, which was NOT a violation.

Give it up. You root for cheaters. Sad.

Reaction Score
Louisville put up a billboard to try and get her. Is that a violation?
For your information. This thread is about the University of Tennessee's recent admission of unethical behavior. It's also about the long standing hypocritical commenting by UT staff and fans. It's not about Louisville or billboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom