U Tenn self-reports 10 violations | The Boneyard

U Tenn self-reports 10 violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I thought more telling might be the UT Athletic department has not responded to the Newspaper's request for a report on all self reported violations. Are they hiding something? If they are, I suspect its not the Lady Vols

JS

Reaction Score
While it seems to me a silly rule, it's not like it's one of those arcane technical ones.

How, why would they do such a dopey thing?
The rule was reportedly adopted in response to their own avalanche of personalized recruiting aids on the occasion of Ann Strother's visit.

So it's either dopier than usual or a demonstration that practice makes perfect.

Or both.

JS

Reaction Score
Tennessee now leads UConn, 2-1.
3-1.

The M. Snow extra dessert boondoggle; the M. Simmons portrait with Pat; and the M. Russell notebook for Mercedes (or was it a Mercedes with a notebook in the glove compartment?)

V.

The M. Moore ESPN educational excursion.

Nonetheless, those of their fans who rail about "UCheat" just "know" Geno has gotten away with lots of other stuff.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
3-1.

The M. Snow extra dessert boondoggle; the M. Simmons portrait with Pat; and the M. Russell notebook for Mercedes (or was it a Mercedes with a notebook in the glove compartment?)

V.

Nonetheless, those of their fans who rail about "UCheat" just "know" Geno has gotten away with lots of other stuff.

Yeah, they only nailed UConn with the ESPN thing but that was because Geno owns the NCAA and they bow to his demands. After all, that sign thing was certainly a major violation. I know that to be a fact because I read it on the UTenn message board.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If it wasn't Tennessee, I honestly wouldn't care about this at all.

But since it is Tennesee, I am equal parts outraged and amused.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
3-1.

V.

There was a self-reported "illegal" trip to the WBB HOF that sounds a lot like the ESPN thingie.

JS

Reaction Score
There was a self-reported "illegal" trip to the WBB HOF that sounds a lot like the ESPN thingie.
Sounds identical, except that ESPN didn't have an admissions charge to waive. Including the HOF tour violation and the M. Russell deal, there've been at least two violations filed just this year.

The article also cites seven TN women's basketball violations from 1998-2001. Don't know why that time period was selected, but it overlaps with the M. Snow era. So assuming her unjust desserts were included in the seven, we can add six more to the Tennessee total that had just risen to four with the Mercedes misdemeanor and the tour transgression.

For those keeping score on known violations, that brings it to TN 10, Uconn 1.

"What we do here is very normal and typical for any school in America, and we don't have things that happen here that don't happen anywhere else,'' said Donna Thomas, associate athletic director for women's compliance.

So everybody does it. Given the necessity of having a schedule, must make it hard to select the objects of one's innuendos. Unless, of course, you're operating with a simplified formula. Like "just accuse Geno."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
10 violations. And why wouldn't we think there are more that have just not come to light?

This is unbelievable.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If it's true that all schools do this, I think the NCAA should release a list of all self-reported violations of all nature.

JS

Reaction Score
10 violations. And why wouldn't we think there are more that have just not come to light?
Seems there's more that have come to light.

Make it 11. There's one posted on their website (fans paid for player's meal "without her knowledge") that occurred last April and wasn't included in the above. That makes three in the past year.

However, in a similar spirit of disclosure, it has come to my attention that, in 2009, UConn self-reported seven minor violations over the preceding five years, one of which appears to have been the ESPN tour.

So the unofficial tally now is: TN, 11 egregious instances of cheating; UConn, 7 trivial oversights.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Seems there's more that have come to light.

Make it 11. There's one posted on their website (fans paid for player's meal "without her knowledge") that occurred last April and wasn't included in the above.

Don't blink. You might miss another.

Stop chortling, JS.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
To chortle is merely mortal, I always say.

There's something inherently humorous about hypocrisy.

It was funny when the Simmons picture violation came out. It was humorous when the other violation that occured this year came out. But it is friggin' hysterical that there were 7 other violations from 1998-2001. And now another one this year for a total of 11?

If there were 7 from 1998-2001, how many from 2001-2013? 15? 20? 30?

What a train wreck. I doubt that ESPN will pick up on this. They are running part 20 of the Tennessee love fest.

Reaction Score
I'll bet that if Louisville had won the Russsell committment the LV staff would have reported them for the notebook they also gave to her, and probably there would have been calls for serious sanctions against the school and coach from the orange board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom