U dont want UConn in your bracket | The Boneyard

U dont want UConn in your bracket

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn looks like the great UConn teams of the past. I dont wanna hear about who they played and the AAC is weak. How weak is Minnisota? How weak is Colorado or washington St. How weak is Bottom line is UConn is executing on both ends of the floor. Once again they have 5 players in double figures. You dont want UConn in your bracket. UConn goes to Oregon and beat them. Heartbreaker. I believe the only team that can play under UConns pressure is .......? I'll let you decide.

A couple of things. Megan and company can not faulter against the top teams. Yeah the difference now is Anna Griff and Kyla are hitting shots and scoring. We didnt have that a month ago. We are passing the ball and not dribbling and by passing we've got everyone involved not just 2 or 3 players trying to create off the dribble while everybody else stands around watching.

UConn is playing like a NC team. Their 3 pt shooting is going to force teams to come out and guard them. Liv is playing good and she will get opponents in foul trouble. WIth that said she cant get in foul trouble. I listened to the announces and Charlie Creme. MD and Lville imo are not better then UConn. No way no how. Thats my opinon. If the NCAA wants Sabrina in the FF to win her NC then dont place UConn near her. Oregon has had problems in big games under pressure in the past. They are imo the best team in the country and right up there with SC. Right now UConn is firing on all cylinders. If UConn plays like that in the NCAAs they wont be beat. Right now there is no team in WCBB that can get 5 players in double figures against anybody.

We just won by over 40 pts again and it wasnt close. Our non starters got alot of time. Just think if we left our starters in the entire game?????????? Its all coming together and we are peaking. I see some teams playing really good but not one team is peaking like UConn. We are scary good. All that height that some other teams have has got to come out and guard us. Thats not easy. We will have to guard them inside which wont be easy either however we clog up the middle and guess what? They have to make outside shots under pressure.

I dont like being a 2 seed at this point in the season. I feel this team right now could be better then last years team. We have more shooters, more depth and we have momentum.

It will be interesting to see if UConn is a 1 seed in Ft Wayne or a 2 seed somewhere else. As a 2 seed somewhere might mean the one seed doesnt go to the FF and thats why I dont see UConn in Oregon. Some of you talk about the weak AAC and it is. Now look at the teams infront of UConn who have lost to lesser teams. Minnesota is weak Colorado and Utah are weak ND is weak. Give me a break. UConn has lost to the top 3 teams in the country. They are a different team right now.

It will be interesting where they place UConn but even more interesting to see who is in UConns bracket. This is gonna be fun.

Reaction Score
Baylor, Oregon, and South Carolina are a level above the rest of the pack. UConn looks good against the rest but have demonstrated throughout the season they’re a step below those 3 teams. If UConn ends up in Maryland’s bracket they have a shot at making the FF. In any other region I see their journey ending at the elite 8. That will be a tremendous accomplishment for this group.

Reaction Score
Could not agree more. It is just wishful thinking to believe Uconn is on the same level as Baylor and Oregon.... Considering what we all witnessed a few weeks ago... It is possible to beat South Carolina though because they are young and make mistakes.....

I have been hoping we get to avoid those 3 teams for awhile... If only to keep our final four streak going....

Of course anything can happen.... But Oregon just reminds me too much of the way Uconn once was..... They are just too good...

Reaction Score
I think the team has improved immeasurably. People are grabbing rebounds with authority, playing the passing lanes and rarely make a defensive mistake. On offense we are still at times a little too much reliant on the jump shot, but I see more motion and aggression to the basket. The top three teams play excellent defense so in my opinion what it comes down to is who would have a tougher time scoring. I would say we have a shot against anyone in a one game scenario but probably Oregon would be the toughest because they have so many weapons and experience and savvy. After that I would say we would say SC And then Baylor. So my thinking is if we can’t get to Indiana I’ll take my chances with Baylor as a first choice.

Reaction Score
I said we would get lulled into thinking we are invincible by beating up on the AAC and it's happening.

If I was South Carolina I would LOVE if UConn was the 2 seed in my bracket. Are you kidding? We scored two (2) points on them in the first quarter. TWO. That was extremely recently. And then we go back to playing the AAC and we are miraculously "peaking" now. Duhh?

I know - Debbie Downer. Actually I'm very optimistic. I'm not concerned about getting into the FW region - that just means we only have to beat 2 of the 3 great teams instead of all 3. Whatever - bring it!

Reaction Score
I think Oregon is the best matchup for UConn, and worst for UConn is South Carolina. UConn doesn't have enough of an inside game versus these three teams; it would be great if their outside shooting is going well, but they just don't get the spacing they need against these three to have same degree of open threes. I like playing Aubrey more to give the inside presence; at least, she competes well for rebounds. I'm hoping Crystal is hungry if one of these matchups happen as she is one of few players UConn has that has the quickness to get her own shot. If I were UConn playing these three teams, I'd try to get their bigs in foul trouble if possible by really pushing the ball and being aggressive inside. Hope CW becomes assertive again too. By the way, the reason that I want Oregon again is that I don't think they would have as good a shooting night as they did first time against UConn, and I do think UConn is playing a bit better, but UConn is still kind of sloppy with turnovers by trying to do too much at times.

Reaction Score
Come on, Uconn is not assured of success in the tournament because they are playing demonstrably better now any more than they are doomed to failure because of their performances a month ago, that’s why they play the games. And the fact thay are playing better has little to do with the competition, the eye test says they are obviously playing better the last 3 games. What it means in the NCAA tournament remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
I think the team has improved immeasurably. People are grabbing rebounds with authority, playing the passing lanes and rarely make a defensive mistake. On offense we are still at times a little too much reliant on the jump shot, but I see more motion and aggression to the basket. The top three teams play excellent defense so in my opinion what it comes down to is who would have a tougher time scoring. I would say we have a shot against anyone in a one game scenario but probably Oregon would be the toughest because they have so many weapons and experience and savvy. After that I would say we would say SC And then Baylor. So my thinking is if we can’t get to Indiana I’ll take my chances with Baylor as a first choice.

I agree with most of what you stated. I just have a problem with the team's we are beating... It gives us a false sense of confidence being in this conference. I guess we can blame the conference we have been in for years now on Uconns football team.. If you know what I mean.

I miss the days when we played Notre Dame 2-4 times a year.. (3 times in conference play alone) I miss when we played those great Rutgers and Louisville teams 3 times a year. We were battle tested and ready for war by the time March rolled around.

Now we have nothing... Zero competition in this conference.

Re: "Oregon would be the toughest"

Totally agree. They remind me so much of our championship teams. They play excellent team basketball. They are also batte tested.. Like we used to be

Reaction Score
I said we would get lulled into thinking we are invincible by beating up on the AAC and it's happening.

If I was South Carolina I would LOVE if UConn was the 2 seed in my bracket. Are you kidding? We scored two (2) points on them in the first quarter. TWO. That was extremely recently. And then we go back to playing the AAC and we are miraculously "peaking" now. Duhh?

I know - Debbie Downer. Actually I'm very optimistic. I'm not concerned about getting into the FW region - that just means we only have to beat 2 of the 3 great teams instead of all 3. Whatever - bring it!

SC only scored 11. They were the better team that night, but we played uncharacteristically poorly.

Reaction Score
I am a UConn WBB fan. I see things through those glasses. I admit it. Yes the ACC has some really bad teams. The recent wins where UConn looked great came against the 2nd place teams. The top of the rest of the conference. UConn made them look awful. They aren't. Not as good as the top teams in some other conferences but not as bad as they were made to look. Geno only cares about what they have to do to be ready for March. It is now March. Enjoy it!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
SC, Oregon, and Baylor are the three best teams right now, sure, but even they aren’t guaranteed a spot in the Final Four. Remember Brittney Griner & Baylor vs Louisville? Every team is going to go all out and upsets will happen - this year especially. Maybe UConn would have to play those teams again but maybe not. Let’s wait and see.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you listen to Rebecca, MD is playing at the level of the top 3.

Reaction Score
All we can do is win convincingly in the AAC tourney. The rest is out of our control. The only other point I would make is this. Let's assume we are playing at the level of the top 3 right now, how different would we look than the way we have looked in these last games? It's difficult to project. We do know that our defense is transformed and that has transformed our offense and there have been individual changes and improvements as well. I don't think we are going to know for sure until we face one of those teams. I have seen this movie before though. It's entitled "UCONN Women's Basketball in March". If you are an opposing team and you don't pay attention, it can have a very unhappy ending for you.

Reaction Score
This is the team I was talking about a few weeks ago. This team seems to have a little pep in their step. They look to be enjoying themselves and having fun. There has been a smile on their faces that wasn't there for quite a while. Hopefully this team is here to stay!

Reaction Score
Here we go again. Yes, UConn is playing better than they were than in the beginning of the season. More like a team. But, if you think that UConn is in the same class as Baylor, SC, and Oregon, you may be coming to the wrong conclusion. The three teams that I mentioned have also improved to this point in their season just like UConn. So has Maryland. I do not understand how anyone can say or see that this present UConn Team can compete for a National Championship. There is no Katy Lou. There is no Naphessa. There is no Morgan, Breanna, Kia, and Moriah. It just is not there. Maybe next year with that talent and the talent after that.

Reaction Score
I do not understand how anyone can say or see that this present UConn Team can compete for a National Championship. There is no Katy Lou. There is no Naphessa. There is no Morgan, Breanna, Kia, and Moriah. It just is not there. Maybe next year with that talent and the talent after that.

We can compete for a National Championship. Certainly we are not the favorite, but to say we can't compete is overly pessimistic.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Could not agree more. It is just wishful thinking to believe Uconn is on the same level as Baylor and Oregon.... Considering what we all witnessed a few weeks ago... It is possible to beat South Carolina though because they are young and make mistakes.....

I have been hoping we get to avoid those 3 teams for awhile... If only to keep our final four streak going....

Of course anything can happen.... But Oregon just reminds me too much of the way Uconn once was..... They are just too good...
This is the second time I have seen this (about SC mistakes with their youth) and it's just as silly the second time around. South Carolina has no freshmen anymore...they are closer to being sophomores than they are freshmen...and they have played and beat ranked teams all year long. The strength of South Carolina is...they are very good...and their bench would be a top 25 team separate, if you could rank them. That will play out very well in the tournament. It does not mean they will win it all...but to discount them as "the team you would rather play" is idiotic.....

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think the top 3 teams and everyone else are afraid of TonyC. Not as sure about our team. We are better than almost everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom