OT: - TyTy Washington decommits from Creighton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: TyTy Washington decommits from Creighton

Reaction Score
This really sucks, hopefully McDermott and staff stay on him and he reconsiders.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Wasn't he at one point an Auburn lean? With Powell transferring maybe they make a push at him again too. There will be plenty of programs coming after him.

Reaction Score
Well. There are gonna be huge consequences to airing the dirty laundry of a locker room out in the media. Should have been handled internally. He is tainted now and it's gonna be nearly impossible to go into living rooms of young black men. I think it's unfair and he made a mistake but allowing this to go public is a program killer.

Reaction Score
Well. There are gonna be huge consequences to airing the dirty laundry of a locker room out in the media. Should have been handled internally. He is tainted now and it's gonna be nearly impossible to go into living rooms of young black men. I think it's unfair and he made a mistake but allowing this to go public is a program killer.
Pretty unrealistic to make a mistake of this nature in this day and age then expect the 20 person audience to keep it a complete secret.

Not to mention thereafter some of their ex players weren’t quick to have their coach’s back.

Reaction Score
And I'm sure you'd have no questions if Creighton suspended their coach a week before the BE and NCAA Tournament and refused to publicly say why?

Reaction Score

No UConn (yet)

247Sports spoke with a source close to the situation who indicated that programs like Colorado, Dayton, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Washington and Washington State have already reached out and more are expected to do so in the very near future.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

No UConn (yet)

247Sports spoke with a source close to the situation who indicated that programs like Colorado, Dayton, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Nebraska, Nevada, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Washington and Washington State have already reached out and more are expected to do so in the very near future.

Wonder if no Big East schools is a coincidence.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

No UConn (yet)

Looked like Maryland was close the first time around

Reaction Score
Show me where I was against an apology and then you might be on to something. Apologies are always a great idea and that was the right move. Succumbing to the pc-police as if you've been outed a racist is not.
Thanks for shutting down yet another thread.

Reaction Score
It's a mindblowingly stupid mistake. Might as well tell the Yeshiva basketball team that they need to stay in the concentration camp and call it a mistake, too.

A "mistake" like this being swept under the rug? This country has a very serious issue with ethnic insensitivity.

Reaction Score
I just don’t know how Creighton can keep him as it’s going to be impossible to recruit. He’ll be getting Kwintin Williams level guys soon.

Reaction Score
Why do you folks mad about over-reactions LOVE to magnify every damn thing that happens. This is less than a week old, why not tap the breaks for awhile.

Plus there are basketball games going on and right now Creighton is kicking butt. Why not talk about, I dunno basketball coaches coaching basketball?

Reaction Score
Wonder if no Big East schools is a coincidence.
I suppose the demographics of the fanbases have been exposed. Shows right on this board, even. "Oh, it was just a mistake, everyone should get over it."

Cost the school their best recruit ever.

Reaction Score
It's a mindblowingly stupid mistake. Might as well tell the Yeshiva basketball team that they need to stay in the concentration camp and call it a mistake, too.

A "mistake" like this being swept under the rug? This country has a very serious issue with ethnic insensitivity.

You mean the same D3 #5 ranked Yeshiva, which owns a 35 game win streak, longest in college basketball? Incredibly entertaining team to watch, with a 6’6 PG who got Burger Boy consideration out of L.A. and will play pro ball somewhere.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
? how does this not have more likes?!!!
The last time I heard this song was at a Bar/Bat Mitzfah in the early 90s. I can’t imagine the younger individuals on this board even get the reference.

Reaction Score
You mean the same D3 #5 ranked Yeshiva, which owns a 35 game win streak, longest in college basketball? Incredibly entertaining team to watch, with a 6’6 PG who got Burger Boy consideration out of L.A. and will play pro ball somewhere.
Meyers Leonard is a liar for saying he didn't know what his "mistake" was about.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
we can lock this thread
PLEASE

Reaction Score
This thread is interesting leading into our first BE tourney game in a while.

Reaction Score

I suppose the demographics of the fanbases have been exposed. Shows right on this board, even. "Oh, it was just a mistake, everyone should get over it."

Cost the school their best recruit ever.
You've gotten yourself pretty worked up about an incident about which you have no direct knowledge, and then proceeded to judge fanbases, including this one.

Tell us you've never said anything that didn't come out the right way or that you've never used a wrong phrase or words. Or, did you lose a job because of something stupid/inappropriate you once said and want your "pound of flesh" from McDermott?
(Oh, there goes my job with Yeshiva)

McDermott has been there a long time and had lots of players go through his program. If he's not Mike Rice, no pattern is evident and Creighton accepted an apology as the remedy for something he said, what qualifies you to demand more?

This is a great country, full of caring and forgiving people, but not all are as perfect as you seem to have anointed yourself.

Reaction Score

I’d say we could use more common decency and kindness to one another, yes. That works both ways, including taking an apology at face value instead of reading into somebody’s mind and inducting them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom